Xtratime Community banner

17181 - 17200 of 17248 Posts

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts
Is the Giroud deal dead? Why else would we consider bringing Llorente? Having four number nines in the squad is a bit overkill.

Oh, the article doesn't even make sense. We need to get rid of Politano to make space for Giroud. But then we'll add another striker in the swap deal so the outcome in terms of our number of attackers is still the same.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Basically any unwanted player is linked with Inter because their agent knows you pay 10's of millions for average players.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Most of the players we have signed recently, or the ones we are linked with, are international players.

Lukaku was wanted by juve last summer but Dybala fecked up the deal when he rejected Man U so the swap failed, Barella was wanted by Chelsea and Napoli, so saying that we only sign unwanted players is inaccurate.

In fact even Young was wanted by Man U, as you offered him a new contract but he refused to renew..

·
Registered
40,755 Posts
International players, lol. See: Dendonker.

Young was lowballed because we're clearing out. He probably doubled what we offered.

We don't want old lazy contract hoggers.

Like I keep saying, over and over and you're not getting it. Serie A is an awful league. It's below France ffs. Any player we disregard will thrive there. Look at Cashley Cole, lol. He was shagging half of Rome while dominating a whole flank.

You mention Juve wanted Rom but I doubt it because he would have signed.

The only reason players leave England (to be racially abused) is because you still pay wages like you're relevant in Europe.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Serie A below France on what basis exactly?

Cole was actually bad for Roma. Dominating a whole flank... did you watch him play there? He is regarded as a Serie A flop. He didn't last long there and did not succeed.

Of course juve wanted Lukaku last summer. Only Dybala rejecting a move to the best league in the world (and staying at shitty Serie A instead..) prevented Lukaku from being a juve player now.

Are you only trolling or simply not following what's happening?

There's racial abuse in the utopian England too, just ask Mo Salah.

Your Los che anti Serie A wannabe act is rather boring man. 'My league is better than your league crap' is like a decade + old now.

If juve are playing an English team I support an English team anyway.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Yes, the 18 million for Gabigol is a disgrace.

Based on his goals return he should be 35/40 million. Rodrygo and Vinicius Jr. cost 40 million having scored less than 10 goals each in senior league football.

It's a joke.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts

Young was lowballed because we're clearing out. He probably doubled what we offered.

Like I keep saying, over and over and you're not getting it. Serie A is an awful league. It's below France ffs. Any player we disregard will thrive there. Look at Cashley Cole, lol. He was shagging half of Rome while dominating a whole flank.

The only reason players leave England (to be racially abused) is because you still pay wages like you're relevant in Europe.

Cole and Vidic were abysmal in Serie A.

Can and Ramsey have also been quite poor.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Vecino has been transfer-listed.

I would have kept him till the end of the season, but if it means guaranteeeing the Erikson transfer, then so be it.

Eriksen was seen to perform what looked like a goodbye wave to Tottenham fans yesterday. He was also on the bench for that game (against Watford).

Giroud transfer seems to be up in the air with the Politano transfer in limbo. The club obviously wants to clear Politano's 3m a year before taking on Giroud's 4m.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,875 Posts

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Is the Giroud deal dead? Why else would we consider bringing Llorente? Having four number nines in the squad is a bit overkill.

Oh, the article doesn't even make sense. We need to get rid of Politano to make space for Giroud. But then we'll add another striker in the swap deal so the outcome in terms of our number of attackers is still the same.
They pull these rumours out of a hat each morning

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Moses is in Milan tomorrow for a medical.

To say I would have preferred Spinazzola is the understatement of the milennium.

Eriksen should be in Milan Thursday or Friday. The club has no choice but to pay Spurs' asking price after the Lecce draw and Brozo's injury (which could be serious-ish).

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Spinazzola would have been more risky. We would have been STUCK with an injury prone player due to the obligation to buy. On the other hand, Moses is coming on loan with an option. Can't complain. Conte obviously likes him, and he likes Conte. So could work out fine. If not send him back to Chelsea in June and no harm done.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Politano is signing for Napoli on a permanent contract and the abysmal Llorente is joining Inter, despite terms having been agreed with Giroud.

Stupidly, the Politano deal is an 18-month loan with obligation for 25 million, meaning the cash will show up in the summer of 2021.

Genius.

Why is Ausilio haggling over 2 million euros with Spurs when he is willing to give Flamengo Gabigol for peanuts and Napoli a giant financial break?

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Spinazzola would have been more risky. We would have been STUCK with an injury prone player due to the obligation to buy. On the other hand, Moses is coming on loan with an option. Can't complain. Conte obviously likes him, and he likes Conte. So could work out fine. If not send him back to Chelsea in June and no harm done.
My issue is just that Moses, Young and now Llorente are terrible players.

Llorente was a slightly unknown quantity in the summer but we now know he is garbage.

Moses has an appalling recent injury record and is by all accounts half the player he was under Conte at Chelsea.

Spinazzola Is a gamble, yes, but one worth taking IMO. He has so much more quality than the likes of Moses and Biraghi. We will be back to square one in June re: fullbacks. Lazaro and Biraghi can be added to the scrap heap along with Dalbert, Vrsaljko, Soares etc etc.

Anyway, there is no doubt a slight saving in wages on Llorente vs. Giroud so hopefully Ausilio can pull the extra 2 million euros out of his arse that Spurs are insisting on.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Would not top Adriano and Stankovic arriving in Jan 2004 I don't think.
Certainly won't top it now.

We went from Alonso/Spinzzola, Giroud, Vidal to Ashley Young, Moses and Llorente...

If the Eriksen deal collapses then this will be the most disappointjng winter mercato in recent memory.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Rumours that Allan has come up in talks with Napoli with Vecino going the other way.

It would obviously have to be Vecino + Politano for Allan. Even then I wouldn't touch the deal with a barge pole if I was Napoli.

For us it would be like Christmas + birthday + lottery win.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
In terms of midfielders for next season:

The hugely unreliable FCInterNews.it says we have made contact with Castrovilli's Agent.

He looks exceptional TBH. MoM performance against us back in December.

We know Inter's original plan for 2020/21 was Kulusevski and Tonali. Juve now seem to be ring-fencing Tonali so that deal will be difficult, especially since City and PSG are involved (even though young Italian prospects tend to prefer to stay in Italy when they move clubs, i.e. Bernaredschi, Barella, Sensi etc.).

But honestly, if the split between Inter and Juve next season is Eriksen + Castrovilli vs. Tonali + Kulusevski then that's a pretty close call with respect to quality/ability.

I would cut off my right arm for Tonali though, so let's hope Marotta does something special there.

The elephants in the room, I guess, are then SMS and Chiesa....

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Politano is signing for Napoli on a permanent contract and the abysmal Llorente is joining Inter, despite terms having been agreed with Giroud.

Stupidly, the Politano deal is an 18-month loan with obligation for 25 million, meaning the cash will show up in the summer of 2021.

Genius.

Why is Ausilio haggling over 2 million euros with Spurs when he is willing to give Flamengo Gabigol for peanuts and Napoli a giant financial break?
I don't see an issue in receiving the cash a bit later, we will get 50mill from guaranteed CL qualification next season and 70mill from guaranteed Icardi sale to PSG, anyhow. And financially the club is in a better position based on reports about revenues and sponsorships etc..

25mill covers what we paid Sassuolo for Politano.

at least Napoli are obliged to pay for him, unlike Roma who wanted to swap Politano for a broken player who juve got rid of for pretty much nothing last summer. I don't think juve are stupid enough to swap Spinazzola for Pellegrini unless they know Spinazzola is hopeless medically.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
I don't even know why Giroud would want to come to Inter anyhow. He wants to leave Chelsea to be a starter, which he probably won't be at Inter. Makes no sense to move from the bench in London to the bench in Milano. He should join a mid level EPL club or go back to France.

I am ok with Llorente, much like Moses another player Conte knows. Loan 6 months is ok.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
..And yes, haggling over 2-3 feckin million for a top player is just pure idiocy. Give Spurs the 20mill and get it done ffs.

17181 - 17200 of 17248 Posts