• He will equal record (7)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discuss all the swimming in here, other threads can be opened on the swimming, but general talk.

Italy I suppose should aim for 3 medals. Especially in the 4x200 and a couple for Pellegrini, some outside chances in the medley's and with Colbertado and Magnini.

And can Phelps break Spitz record of 7 golds?

·
Registered
58,993 Posts
Would be great if Pieter vd Hoogenband were able to close off his Olympic career with a gold medal.

Probably not with Phelps, the Aussies and the French guy swimming like crazy :(

Weekend schedule (BST)

Saturday 9 August

Swimming

1130-1430: Heats: Men's 400 IM, women's 100 fly, men's 400 free, women's 400 IM, men's 100 breast, women's 4x100 free

Sunday 10 August

Swimming

0300-0441: Semi-finals: Women's 100 fly, men's 100 breast; Finals: men's 400 IM, men's 400 free, women's 400 IM, women's 4x100 free

1130-1420: Heats: women's 100 back, men's 200 free, women's 100 breast, men's 100 back, women's 400 free, men's 4x100

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Come on its first event and possibly one of his best... lets see by the end. I knew I should have backed Boggiato at 150/1 and Marin 66/1 each way, they looked smooth in the heats and could possibly get a bronze, which means backing either one each way makes a handsome profit.

A

·
0 Posts
just saying. beating the olympics record is nice :pp, but still, he was like almost 2 bodylengths ahead of his competition :smileani:.
#did you vote he would not win 8 golds? :pp

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tiredess will come into play eventually.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Considering Phelps is participating mostly in long distance races than short sprint races, I'll have to say no, taking into account the fatigue factor in the later stages.

If he manages to pull off 8 golds, he is no doubt the best swimmer ever.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Would be great if Pieter vd Hoogenband were able to close off his Olympic career with a gold medal.
:thumbsup: With Ian not swimming any more he has all my support.
It´s Phelps against the clock, he´s from another planet. I think he will break the record with 8 golden medals. He already could have done that in 2004.

·
Registered
58,993 Posts
Gold for us in the 4x100 women's freestyle relay :proud:

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Impressive, wow. Did you expect that?

As expected Phelps with the first golden medal. A one man show in Beijing.Who can stop him??? Btw: didn´t know Bush is so interested in swimming.

·
Registered
58,993 Posts
Impressive, wow. Did you expect that?
I knew they were in contention after their impressive swimming in Manchester last (broke a record there IIRC) but I wasn't 100% counting them to get gold like I was with Vos in the cycling :(

A

·
0 Posts
oh no i missed phelps worldrecord :(

I'm just laughing at Lochte's excuse, that he had been to McDonald's for his Breakfast :googly:

·
Registered
15,414 Posts
Those 4x100 mens relays were just outrageously quick. The USA B team breaking the World Record with Australia and Sweden barely behind them then in the next heat France coming with a tenth of a second of that WR. Unreal. Nice to see Great Britain smashing the British record by about 5 seconds.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Van Den Hoogenband already predicted before the start of the Olympics that a lot of records would be broken because of the new pool.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Having seen the 400 freestyle heats for women, it looks an intriguing contest between Adlington, Hoff and Pellegrini.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Didn't have a chance to see the Oranje ladies win gold before, saw it just now. Feels good to win when Australia and the usa didn't even acknowledge our chance of the title. Hell, the us coach didn't even know we had the world record.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
I must be one of the only people here with faith in Phelps. I am just the second person who voted "Yes".:D

Did anyone else watch the 4x100 freestyle relay? This was Phelps' hardest event, but the US was able to finish off an amazing comeback against the French:) It looks like all of the smack talk before the race backfired on the French swimmers. That was one exciting finish though:thumbsup:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pellegrini f*cked up... but she still has the 200m to make amends. However the 400 is her event and she should win. Great race from Arlington. So far the Racing Post have been excellent with their tips on the Olympics (they tipped Ardlington to win).

1 - 20 of 56 Posts