Votes: 12 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
2221 - 2240 of 2259 Posts

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Ramos told the president: "I want to stay at Real Madrid." Florentino Perez replied: "And we want you to retire at Real Madrid." The defender asked for ten million net per season to renew. The president was willing to offer eight million annual net for five seasons. The deal can be closed, giving both parties, with a record nine million net. [ABC]

http://www.abc.es/realmadrid/noticias/20150727/abci-ramos-quiero-quedarme-real-201507271211.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=uh-rss&utm_campaign=traffic-rss

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I always envied teams picking up amazing players on free transfer. It shows great planning and patience. It's easy to buy a superstar by overpaying like we usually do. To sign quality players for free is rare.

Bayern did it with Lewandowski, Juve with Pirlo, Pogba (and Khedira).

When was the last time we signed a quality player for free? McManaman? That was in 1999.

I prefer to sign De Gea for free than overpaying for him. Not really worried he might renew with United as his family, friends and GF would still live in Madrid next season too.
Nuri Sahin.

In whatever case I also consider that signing player on their last year of contract is also very good planning. Khedira, Özil, Kroos. All those were very well done too.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Nuri Sahin.
We paid 10m Euro to Dortmund for him.

He had 1 year left on his contract, so he'd fall into the category of players you mentioned after; Khedira, Ozil, Kroos.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Marca.com

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Im surprised a lot of Utd fans are bitching about him using Utd to get a better contract,i thought it was highly obvious what was going on.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Shocker. :lala:

Im surprised a lot of Utd fans are bitching about him using Utd to get a better contract,i thought it was highly obvious what was going on.
Seriously.

It was clear that a guy like Ramos, who struggles to even speak Spanish and is as ingrained in Spanish culture as he is, was just using dirty tactics with his brother for a pay raise.

I never expected him to leave, not even for a second.

Now we can focus on winning titles.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Shocker. :lala:

Seriously.

It was clear that a guy like Ramos, who struggles to even speak Spanish and is as ingrained in Spanish culture as he is, was just using dirty tactics with his brother for a pay raise.

I never expected him to leave, not even for a second.

Now we can focus on winning titles.
Gotta give props too to the Spanish media. A contract renegotiation (with an established and loyal player, no less) is usually a non-story. They milked this one perfectly and I bet sold really well while it was going on.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
marca reporting..

Los Blancos have struck a deal with the international defender, which will be officially announced before the new La Liga season gets underway on 23rd August.

The deal puts an end to a contentious issue that saw the relationship between club and player sour somewhat at the end of last season. The two parties appeared to be going their separate ways, but the defender held face-to-face meetings, firstly with José Ángel Sánchez and then with Florentino Pérez whilst on tour in China, and these brought their positions closer together until they met the player's demands.

Ramos, whose previous deal ran until 2017, now looks set to end his career at the Bernabéu, just like he wanted. On top of that he has landed a bit of a pay rise, pushing his wages up to around €9m per season - after tax - plus add-ons.

2221 - 2240 of 2259 Posts