Votes: 12 75.0%
  • no

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
2201 - 2220 of 2259 Posts

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
He will not renew with United, his reasons for going home won't change in the space of a few months. It's just curious behaviour by Real considering they had told every man and his dog that DDG would sign this summer. That could still happen, seems that Ramos holds the key.
If the Mgmt was dying over getting DDG, I think we would have overpaid the guy and signed him by now (Typical Floro), now that we signed Casilla wer signalling that we can delay DDG transfer for next year. I personally would second this.

Amazing GK, with only a year remaining in his contract, save 40 mn and get him for free next year as with Navas we are more than covered.

·
LEGEND:Sir Bobby
7,222 Posts
don't forget that MARCA has already run a story that we've promised DDG a 5 million euros(his reported annual salary for us)signing on bonus,if he stays another season at man utd and comes on a free transfer next summer.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
If Real Madrid overpay for a player that is in his last year of contract they are sending the message that it's ok to do such thing in future operations. If Manchester United have so much money to renounce to that fee + those wages for only one year (what it's called opportunity cost in economy), they have the right to do so, but personally I wouldn't outmark it as normal because in football doing such thing it's the exception rather than the rule.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
Yea, imagine paying 40 ME for DDG on his last year. Kroos would have cost 50-60 ME if we set such a precedence. Lewandowski stayed for one more year at Dortmund. If DDG wants to come, he can do the same and get a signing bonus. Ramos complicated the deal further.

·
Registered
5,364 Posts
ABC: Real Madrid is willing to increase their renewal offer. Florentino will meet Ramos to offer him a €8m yearly in wages over 5yrs.

ABC: Both Ramos & Florentino agree that the most important thing to overcome right now aren't wages but the misunderstandings.

ABC: Ramos doesn't want to rush into making a decision & was waiting to meet Florentino before making any future plans.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
My god. Sit down quietly and sort it out like men do it. Both sides have cooled down a bit in the meantime. And I still do not believe that he really wants to leave his dream club!

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
What are "the misunderstandings" exactly?
From what I've heard, some players think that media close to Florentino have gone to far when being critical to certain members of the squad. That might be one of the reasons. Also, it's been said that Jose Angel Sanchez had some kind of a clash with Rene Ramos while negotiating. I guess it has partly to do with that.

And to end with, the club thinks Ramos didn't act well by leaking that Madrid's offer was a contempt considering his performances.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
I personally think that Ramos is going to stay, mainly because of two reasons. First, Florentino cannot allow Ramos to leave after what's happened to Casillas. Second, I firmly believe Ramos doesn't really want to leave Madrid as much as his first impetus was to do so. My view is that time will health all wounds.

·
Qfwfg
575 Posts
Ramos is unlikely to leave because he has certain things going for him at Madrid that he won't at other clubs. United won't care that he's Spanish, a fixture for the national team and a point of reference to young Spanish footballers. United will thus be less inclined to put up with his disciplinary problems and brain farts.

Ramos has given a lot to Madrid but Madrid have given a lot more to Ramos. Stuck with him through his painstaking development where he was a defensive liability and really immature.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Ramos is unlikely to leave because he has certain things going for him at Madrid that he won't at other clubs. United won't care that he's Spanish, a fixture for the national team and a point of reference to young Spanish footballers. United will thus be less inclined to put up with his disciplinary problems and brain farts.

Ramos has given a lot to Madrid but Madrid have given a lot more to Ramos. Stuck with him through his painstaking development where he was a defensive liability and really immature.
Very good point and totally true.

Just don't imagine him playing the music he likes (flamenquito) in the United dressroom.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Offer him what he wants but for 3 years not 5...

He will be 32 by then and if he wants to leave for free it will be ok...

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
He should ask Di Maria how fun Manchester was.

Pedro joining MU

·
Registered
5,364 Posts

MARCA: VERY CLOSE! Florentino accepted the explanations put forward in the first meeting.

M.A.J ‏@UltraSuristic
MARCA: Ramos & his agent brother Rene, transmitted their wish to Floretino & JAS in China that the player wants to retire at Real Madrid!

M.A.J ‏@UltraSuristic
MARCA: Ramos & Rene want their commitment to be valued. It seems the (renewal) agreement has been made!

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Good news. Can't see Man U selling us DDG now though which i'm completely ok with. Play Keylor for a season and get DDG on the cheap next season and we are good.

2201 - 2220 of 2259 Posts