Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 676 Posts

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All Rangers chat in here! :thumbsup:

Really looking forward to the new season. We've managed to keep the bulk of our championship winning side and have managed to add some real quality.

Celtic have all sorts of problems. Lennon looks completely out his depth at this level. Ross County, Braga and Utrecht will live long in the memory.

For the sake of Scottish football i hope Celtic can offer more of a challenge this season but i have my doubts.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Bursa are gonna take you dowwnnnnn like downtown :scream: Seriously though. how's your team looking this year?

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah we're looking alot stronger.

Walter Smith commiting himself for another year was a huge boost.

We had initial fears after selling a few players but fortunately we've been able to bring a few in. Weiss from Man City looks like a cracking player.
We're also looking to do some more business over the next few days.

Hows Bursaspor looking?

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
Bursaspor is unbeaten in the opening 3 games of this season all 2-0 wins, they defend well and they have beaten Besiktas, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray or whomever else was in their way last year to become the Turkish champions outside of the regular 3 teams which is a feat in itself.

By the way something else that you guys may not like about Bursaspor

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Horrible looking strip. :howler:

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Yeah I think Bursa are trying to adopt a defensive philosophy. Yesterday they had like nine men behind the ball as the opponents were attacking.

Come to think of it, I think Bursa is very similar to Rubin Kazan in a way. Defense works and the attack looks good even if there may be a lack of it.

·
Honorable Mention, December 2010 Photo Contest
15,405 Posts
Bursaspor is unbeaten in the opening 3 games of this season all 2-0 wins, they defend well and they have beaten Besiktas, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray or whomever else was in their way last year to become the Turkish champions outside of the regular 3 teams which is a feat in itself.

By the way something else that you guys may not like about Bursaspor

:thumbsup:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'm just amazed that someone has actually posted in this forum.

I'm also amazed, reading up on the last Rangers transfer of the window, to find out that Velicka was still at Rangers until yesterday. 8 games in 3 years. Ouch.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm just amazed that someone has actually posted in this forum.

I'm also amazed, reading up on the last Rangers transfer of the window, to find out that Velicka was still at Rangers until yesterday. 8 games in 3 years. Ouch.
He's been here two season's actually and last season he didn't cost us a penny. Last summer we loaned him out for a season to Bristol City. He damaged ligaments during his first game for them which put him out for the season. They had to pick up his wages despite the injury. :thumbsup:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
:howler: Decent bit of business that then. Still, Ricky Forster? He's not even better than Kirk Broadfoot is he? And most Rangers fans I've come across bloody hate Kirk.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:howler: Decent bit of business that then. Still, Ricky Forster? He's not even better than Kirk Broadfoot is he? And most Rangers fans I've come across bloody hate Kirk.
There's only eleven positions on the park. Everyone needs back-up players. He was kept out the side by Scotlands most lethal partnership. His goals towards the end of season 2008/2009 were very important though and helped us towards the title.

Kirk Broadfoot is irrelevant. Foster is here to replace Steven Smith. Is he better than Steven Smith? yes. :thumbsup:

Oh and for the record most Rangers fans love big Kirky. He's been a terrific signing. A fully fledged Scotland international now. :thumbsup:

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I quite like Broadfoot myself and have since he was at St Mirren. But he's gotten an awful lot of stick, certainly among the Rangers fans I know. Mutterings of not being "Rangers class", whatever that means.

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I quite like Broadfoot myself and have since he was at St Mirren. But he's gotten an awful lot of stick, certainly among the Rangers fans I know. Mutterings of not being "Rangers class", whatever that means.
He always gets a great reception at Ibrox. He's a decent back-up player. He's never let us down. He played a big part in our run to Manchester.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Been off this forum for a while now, there used to be loads of bears posting on this site, What happened?

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been off this forum for a while now, there used to be loads of bears posting on this site, What happened?
The Scottish football section seems dead mate. You're only the 3rd Old Firm fan i've come across.

·
Football student
484 Posts
I like Rangers. Your squad depth seems bad, but atleast you got some needed reinforcements in the end of the transfer window.

How has Weiss been?

·
Banned
3,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I like Rangers. Your squad depth seems bad, but atleast you got some needed reinforcements in the end of the transfer window.

How has Weiss been?
He was absolutely brilliant on his debut. He came on with 30 mins to go against Hibs and ran riot, creating the second goal. Probably the best 30 minute debut you'll see. His next game was at home to St.Johnstone last Saturday. He played ok, nothing spectacular. It was a very tight game. He's already a huge fans favourite.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'd say very certain really. Well, you know, maybe Accies will cause some problems, Billy Reid has them tough to break down. But if they get a point I'd be startled.

1 - 20 of 676 Posts