Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 695 Posts

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't see an official Oranje thread so i thought i'd start one. So put all your Oranje-related stuff in here. Maybe we can make this sticky?

I know i'm really early with this but after seeing the last friendly and taking all previous matches from San Marco into account, what should be the starting line-up against Romania? I was thinking about something like this:

Code:
                           van der Sar
     Kromkamp    Bouhlarouz     Mathijssen    Gio
                              Landzaat                    
               van Bommel            Davids             
         Kuijt                  RvN                Robben
Defence:
van der Sar is no issue, he starts, simple as that.
Kromkamp is on fire right now, he gets that spot ahead of Melchiot or Ooijer. Bouhlarouz is no question either, he did a great job against England and with some luck he could become the next Jaap Stam. Mathijssen also did pretty good against England and for AZ also. I choose him over Bouma because to me Bouma isn't consistent enough for Oranje. He's a good backup though. Gio is a 'zekerheidje' too.
Midfield:
Davids belongs in Oranje, simple as that. Since EC96 he never ever let the team down, he's a real fighter, very technical, strong, and still able to dominate a midfield. I really don't understand why Mancini doesn't see this. San Marco is right, he should play more at his club because every player needs rhythm. Van der Vaart is his backup for Oranje.
The other two need no discussion either. I choose Landzaat as the man in front of the defence because i think he's more of a dm than van Bommel. Van Bommel gets the nod before Sneijder though.
Attack:
Kuijt has done really well in Oranje so he deserves a starting spot, but i'd rather see RvN at the 9 and considering the fact i'm not really convinced about Castelen (allthough he did pretty good against england), i put Kuijt at right wing. Somehow i hope van der Meijde will get back in shape and find the right club because imo he should be the real 7 for Oranje. No need to discuss Robben, he starts, simple as that.

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
Yeah good idea. As we all like to play the bondscoach, there should be enough ammo to keep this up :D though would you want seperate match threads when a game comes or keep it to here?

anyways my side'd be:

----------------Vd Sar----------

Kromkamp-Bouhlarouz-Matthijsen-Gio

-------------van Bommel---------
------Landzaat----------Davids/VDV--

--Castelen----RVN------Robben

I'm still not so certain about Mathijssen but about Bouma probably even less since against Arsenal he made a couple of errors and not to forget against Ireland for Oranje. Steady defender but not top notch.

Gio isn't a zekerheidje imo. Him against Figo put doubts in my mind and also against the Czech Rep. when he forgot to track back for their 3rd goal. He's good going forward but defensively, not so sure. So I put forward Pascal Boschaart ! you might laugh :D but defensivewise I think he's steady and he's proven it for Utrecht. It's now up to him that he wins his place again at Feyenoord from the Bruno that he can be considered by Marco.

Midfield, pretty much agree. Davids has the lungs and no idea why he at least didn't want to go on loan in the winter but vd Vaarts performance against England was encouraging. Hope he'll continue to work hard since if Davids position at clublevel doesn't improve, it's VDV for me.

Up front, Castelen on the right for me. That is if he is in-form. If he isn't, he's total crap like vd Meyde off-form. But an inform Castelen is more dangerous than Kuijt will be on the right imo. For the centre, RVN, but his back-up for me would be Kuijt. He's proven to me that he could do more in that position than Makaay as Kuijt can importantly hold up the ball better. LW Robben course and hopefully van Persie will want to play as a LW cos seriously who does he think he is, dictating policy :rollani:
If we were to play with the punt naar voren then my man would be Van Persie though but we can't always play like that course especially in away games.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
I certainly laugh about Pascal Bosschaart :D

The rest is understandable :thmbup: Doubts = Landzaat & Matthijsen

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wally said:
Yeah good idea. As we all like to play the bondscoach, there should be enough ammo to keep this up :D though would you want seperate match threads when a game comes or keep it to here?
Well, separate threads for matches may be usefull to keep things well-organized. But everything else related to Oranje should be posted in here imo.

Wally said:
Gio isn't a zekerheidje imo. Him against Figo put doubts in my mind and also against the Czech Rep. when he forgot to track back for their 3rd goal. He's good going forward but defensively, not so sure. So I put forward Pascal Boschaart ! you might laugh :D but defensivewise I think he's steady and he's proven it for Utrecht. It's now up to him that he wins his place again at Feyenoord from the Bruno that he can be considered by Marco.
I won't laugh about Bosschaart, i've been thinking about this too. It would be really interesting to see how he develops if he would be the starting lb for feyenoord. Since you guys play with the diamond in midfield, there's only room for one dm which will probably be Ghaly. So his best option would be to go for the lb spot, which leaves Paauwe as a backup for Ghaly.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Kluivert: nadenken over terugkeer in Oranje

17/2/2005 13:31

Bij het Nederlands elftal lijkt hij definitief uit beeld. En als Marco van Basten hem zou benaderen? 'Dan zou ik eerst goed moeten nadenken over een terugkeer', zegt Patrick Kluivert in het AD. 'Maar op dit moment heb ik niks te willen. Laat ik eerst maar een goede prestatie neerzetten tegen Heerenveen.'

--------
:crybaby: :dielaugh: :rollani:

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah well, he also says that momentarily he has nothing to demand. Which is right offcourse. Playing as an amc at newcastle is not good for him. He should be played at 9 everytime.

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
nou! how about this?! :D

I admit I'm no big fan of him but when he played up front against Heerenveen, he made the difference and today again he's made the difference by scoring the only goal against Chelsea! :dazed: :cool:

thoughts?

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, as long as RvN is injured and Kluivert keeps on playing like this, why not? I don't have a lot of faith in Makaay in this system. Hasselbaink is no option imo, van Hooijdonk is injured which leaves us only with Kuijt, who is often played on one of the wings. Taking all the above into consideration, i wouldn't mind seeing Kluivert back in Oranje.

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
RvN's back against Milan :eek: not sure though whether he'll be 100% fit but if it is so, I guess Marco will almost certainly start him against the Romanians, but if lets say, RVN doesn't really find form in the time from now till the Romania game, then I'd definitely start with Dirk Kuijt who's been rocking all season. Kluivert will need to continue playing well but I'd have him in my squad as Makaay however great he is for Bayern and Depor is a striker who needs a playmaker behind him like Scholl, Valeron or Ballack to set him on his runs and we don't really have that plus we don't play to such a system. So all in all I pretty much agree with you :D

As for PVH he seems to be in a difficult position at Fener. His coach apparantly isn't picking him despite Pierre himself saying that he is fit and that he could play 60 to 70 minutes, so I don't think Marco will pick him while there's more chance of Vennegoor and Denneboom being called up than Hasselbaink if it were up to Marco imo :D. I'd have lange Jan ahead of Jimmy too cos of age anyways.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Maduro and Babel have both been picked in the pre-selection for the upcoming games of Oranje showing that Marco isn't Ajax biased at all. ;) Still rather see them, if they can stay down-to-earth than Meerdink and De Cler who are in the pre-selection now too. Those two simply ain't good enough now and never will be. For Babel and especially Maduro it's just too soon, but in the future they can become real Oranje-players.

·
Registered
59,073 Posts
how many players are usually picked for the voorselectie btw? must be something like 40 for Maduro to be picked otherwise it's a bit weird.

As for the strikers position against Romania and Armenia, I stand by that Marco should pick Kuijt. Ruud still looked a bit off the pace and in need of match practice last night judging by the 2 half chances he failed to get on target.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
The fact that Maduro and Babel are picked is mindbending. Vroegâh you had to be an outstanding player for a topteam for a while to be in the Oranje squad. Standards have dropped heavily. :dontcare:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
regarding the defensive options in oranje, i was looking through kicker's site and saw their ratings for the players this season, Boulahrouz is the 9th best defender in bundesliga, but what surprised me is that Hofland is 14th
i somehow got the impression that he wanst doing well there, possibly because he wasnt ever called to the selection since his transfer...
i havent watched him much, but at some point in time Man Utd were interested in him,
didnt MVB ever mention him or include him in a preselection?

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not after the first 2 matches of Oranje if i remember correctly. He has been surpassed by Mathijssen, Boula, Bouma and Heitinga. And i like it that way. I believe however that Hofland is a more talented defender than Bouma but Hofland's pace can be a problem in the current Oranje system.

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Why not? He was always quality, he just moved to a team that doesn't get exposed much in Dutch media. He should definately not be forgotten.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My HOLLAND short list from WC 2006 IMO regardless of some injuries (and players who could manifest themselves to become Oranje-worthy players in 2006):

Green = Will most probably be selected
Purple = Has a chance to be selected
Red = Will most probably not be selected

1. Edwin VAN DER SAR (Manchester United)
2. Henk TIMMER (AZ)
3. Maarten STEKELENBURG (Ajax)
4. Sander WESTERVELD (Real Mallorca)
5. Edwin ZOETEBIER (PSV)
6. Dennis GENTENAAR (Borussia Dortmund)
7. Maikel AERTS (Feyenoord)
8. Ronald WATERREUS (?)

9. Khalid BOULAHROUZ (HSV)
10. Giovanni VAN BRONCKHORST (FC Barcelona)
11. Ron VLAAR (AZ)
12. Joris MATHIJSEN (AZ)
13. Jan KROMKAMP (AZ)
14. John HEITINGA (AJAX)
15. Theo LUCIUS (PSV)
16. André OOIJER (PSV)
17. Wilfred BOUMA (PSV)
18. Jeroen DROST (SC Heerenveen)
19. Barry OPDAM (AZ)
20. Tim DE CLER (AZ)
21. Mario MELCHIOT (Birmingham)

22. Hedwiges MADURO (Ajax)
23. Nigel DE JONG (Ajax)
24. Wesley SNEIJDER (Ajax)
25. Olaf LINDENBERGH (Ajax)
26. Denny LANDZAAT (AZ)
27. Rafael VAN DER VAART (HSV)
28. Philip COCU (PSV)
29. Ibrahim AFELLAY (PSV)
30. Mark VAN BOMMEL (FC Barcelona)
31. Boudewijn ZENDEN (Middlesbrough)
32. Clarence SEEDORF (AC Milan)
33. Edgar DAVIDS (Internazionale)
34. Barry VAN GALEN (AZ)
35. Haris MEDUNJANIN (AZ)
36. Rick KRUYS (FC Utrecht)
37. Nick HOFS (Feyenoord)
38. George BOATENG (Middlesbrough)
39. Kiki MUSAMPA (Manchester City)

40. Dirk KUYT (Feyenoord)
41. Arjen ROBBEN (Chelsea)
42. Roy MAKAAY (Bayern Munich)
43. Ruud VAN NISTELROOY (Manchester United)
44. Patrick KLUIVERT (Valencia CF)
45. Robin VAN PERSIE (Arsenal)
46. Ryan BABEL (Ajax)
47. Jan VENNEGOOR OF HESSELINK (PSV)
48. Romeo CASTELEN (Feyenoord)
49. Quincy OWUSU-ABEYIE (Arsenal)
50. Ugur YILDIRIM (SC Heerenveen)
51. Klaas-Jan HUNTELAAR (SC Heerenveen)
52. Martijn MEERDINK (AZ)
53. Collins JOHN (Fulham)
54. Andy VAN DER MEYDE (Internazionale)
55. Tim VINCKEN (Feyenoord)

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
I want to go to the Netherlands - Germany game in Rotterdam on the 17th of August. Can anyone tell me how to get a ticket for it and how much it would likely cost ?? never been to a Oranje game so i dont know how the procedures are (clubcard and that sort of stuff)

1 - 20 of 695 Posts