Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Banned
1,337 Posts
didn't oddo's contract expire in the summer?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Oddo snubs Milan interest Tuesday 14 November, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Massimo Oddo says he is tired of being paired with a move to Milan and hopes to imminently sign a new contract at Lazio.

The Italian international was heavily paired with a switch to the San Siro during the summer, but no transfer fee was agreed after Lazio chief Claudio Lotito refused to lower his £8m asking price.

And with the January transfer window on the verge of opening, rumours of a move to the struggling Rossoneri have now unsurprisingly started once again.

“I would like to continue here, but I also believe Lazio need to make the first step,” said the club captain from Italy’s training camp in Bergamo ahead of the Turkey test.

“Over the past four years my name has always been mentioned while the transfer window was open.

“I enjoy living in Rome, but now I hope the club will make a move given that my contract ends in a year and a half,” concluded the 30-year-old former Verona player.

Milan see Oddo as an ideal heir to Marcos Cafu even if Lotito has again reiterated the club’s intention to keep the stopper at the Stadio Olimpico.

“Oddo? He is not on sale,” said the fiery chief last night. “He is our captain and there is no way we will let him leave.”

Oddo was on target for Lazio at the weekend when he curled home a free-kick during the 5-0 trouncing of Udinese.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Oddo backing Canna Thursday 16 November, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio defender Massimo Oddo hopes that Italy skipper Fabio Cannavaro will be awarded the 2006 Golden Ball title.

The Real Madrid man is one of the favourites for the prestigious award, along with fellow world champion Gianluigi Buffon.

“If I were to decide, I would give the Golden Ball to the entire Nazionale,” said Oddo.

“If I have to choose, I would like Cannavaro to win, only because he is a defender just like me,” added the Biancocelesti captain.

Despite his lack of playing time at the World Cup, Oddo was handed a chance to impress in Italy’s 1-1 draw in the friendly against Turkey, when the Azzurri were far from their best.

“When you face friendlies as the world champions it is always difficult, because your opponents always want to do their best,” he insisted, before speaking about Francesco Totti’s international future.

“I once said that if he decides to leave the Nazionale it must be a definite choice. Now he must decide.

“He has stated that he wants to remove the plates from his ankle, so you must ask him. There are many players available for the Italy squad and it should come down to form.”

Lazio impressed last Sunday with their thumping victory over Udinese, but Oddo wants to keep his feet on the ground.

“It was an incredible win, but we need to avoid excessive enthusiasm – we need continuity,” explained the defender, who is keen not to look ahead to the derby with Roma on December 10.

“I haven’t spoken about it with Totti, as there are still several matches to play before the derby. Anyway, it will be a very difficult match, Roma are a strong side.”

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Oddo seeks Lazio stay Monday 20 November, 2006

Lazio captain Massimo Oddo has reiterated that he wants to end his career with the Biancocelesti.

The Italian international was linked with a switch to Milan during the summer and the rumours have now started again as we get closer to the January transfer window.

“I once again stated that at this point I would like to end my career with Lazio,” said the defender, whose contract ends in 2008.

“I’m waiting for President Claudio Lotito to make a move – he told me that we will meet. I’m looking forward to this meeting because I feel happy here.

“Now it’s up to Lazio to make the next move. They know my contractual situation very well and they must hurry,” concluded the 30-year-old.

The club chief stated last week that he had no intention of letting the stopper leave the Stadio Olimpico, so it just remains to be seen when a meeting will be scheduled.

“Oddo? He is not for sale,” said Lotito. “He is our captain and there is no way we will let him go.”

This is the fifth season with the Biancocelesti outfit for Oddo, who joined the Roman club from Verona in 2002.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Oddo set for Lazio talks Saturday 25 November, 2006

Lazio will soon meet Massimo Oddo in an attempt to tie him down to a new contract at the Stadio Olimpico.

Oddo’s present deal expires in 2008, but a UEFA ruling means that he could leave in 2007 for as little as £2m.

Milan would be keen on acquiring him at that price after again failing to land the right-back before the start of this season.

Lazio chief Claudio Lotito values the Italian at £8m and is desperate for the club captain to remain in Rome.

Oddo himself has also openly admitted that he wants to end his career with the Biancocelesti, but agreeing terms may be problematic.

The former Verona player currently earns around £1m a season and would want a similar amount of money to stay on.

But Lotito has now installed a salary cap at the club, thought to be around £400,000 a year, to try and rectify the outfit’s economical issues.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Milan close to Oddo Wednesday 27 December, 2006

Milan could sign Lazio defender Massimo Oddo before the end of the season, according to the latest rumours in Italy.

The world champion remains the number one target for the Rossoneri outfit, who has been paired with the Biancoceleste since the summer, when Lazio chief Claudio Lotito scared off Milan with his £8m valuation of the player.

The Via Turati club has now allegedly offered £5.3m to bring the Azzurri man to the San Siro, plus Pasquale Foggia, who joined Lazio on loan in August, and the deal could be finalised when the winter market opens on January 4.

“The player is not on sale, but we do not put any chains on our men. If we receive an interesting offer, as a world champion deserves, then we might consider the idea,” was Lotito’s comment.

The Biancocelesti chief had recently set an astonishing £14m price tag on Oddo’s head, but he could now accept £7m, along with a player.

Lotito is reportedly also interested in including one of Simone Inzaghi and Matteo Sereni in the deal, as neither the striker nor the goalkeeper seem to be part of Coach Delio Rossi’s plans.

Milan will now wait for an answer from the Roman club, which is expected in the next few days.

channel4

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Oddo has proven to be an essential part of our squad, so it will be quite a setback if he leaves. However, if we can get Lotito's asking price and include Foggia in the deal, as well as Inzaghi, then it would be at least be something. Just as long as the money is used to strengthen the squad, and not end up as part of the club's first quarter profits.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sell him!

Not that we don't need him, but the price is okay and if we can get a player in exchange like Foggia and/or Inzaghi to us it would be great. If so they would have to worthless Inzaghi's. If Milan want a replacement for Cafu I wouldn't say that Oddo is that different. Quite similar players. Could turn out good for i diavoli. Although their season seems like crap and quite unsavable. On the other hand; I hope i rossoneri fails utterly. Bunch of "too perfects"!

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Brbtv said:
Sell him!

Not that we don't need him, but the price is okay and if we can get a player in exchange like Foggia and/or Inzaghi to us it would be great. If so they would have to worthless Inzaghi's. If Milan want a replacement for Cafu I wouldn't say that Oddo is that different. Quite similar players. Could turn out good for i diavoli. Although their season seems like crap and quite unsavable. On the other hand; I hope i rossoneri fails utterly. Bunch of "too perfects"!
You would sell him to arch rivals...Come on....

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We are trying to offload our Inzaghi (at least according to stupid sites liek tribal football :)), not sign theirs.
Currently Oddo is my favourite Lazio player but we need to sell him now, since he won't sign a new contract. Let's not kid ourselves about big chance to get to the CL with him, this would be an incredibly risky gambe and even if we get there we might pull a Udinese or Chievo who ended up close to the relegation zone as a result. Let's take Foggia and cash and get this over with, then use the cash the buy a quick young defender.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
There is a story on yahoo that Oddo is as good as gone. I dont like this at all. And I dont understand why he wants to go to Milan when he wont even start. Just look at Jankulovski.
I just hope we get good money and a good player. And spend that money well.
Pozdrav

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Oddo man out Friday 29 December, 2006

Massimo Oddo looks set to leave Lazio after Coach Delio Rossi admitted the skipper can leave if he is unhappy.

The right-back, a World Cup winner this summer, has been linked with a Milan switch for a while now – and it could finally go through in January.

“I hope Massimo stays with us because I believe he has a future with this team,” stated Rossi. “But I believe that we shouldn’t keep a player who wants to move away.

“By me Oddo should end his career with Lazio because he is our idol. But if he goes to Milan we will do without him.

“We didn’t want to sell anyone, but if a player asks to go then a team needs to look for a replacement.”

Lazio President Claudio Lotito is likely to accept Milan’s offer of Pasquale Foggia plus £4m in the next few days.

Regardless of his skipper’s future, Rossi is already looking ahead to the New Year – and there could be a surprise arrival in the pipeline.

“I expect a lot from Valon Behrami, who has a great talent but was stopped by an injury,” insisted the Coach.

“I have also got a sympathy for Antonio Cassano, but maybe that’s because I have never been his boss!”

With an extra £4m set to be added to the transfer budget, could we see the Brat from Bari back in Rome with his former side’s hated neighbours?

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Lotito stalls on Oddo Saturday 30 December, 2006

Lazio President Claudio Lotito has responded to recent speculation that Biancocelesti captain Massimo Oddo will join Milan in January.

It has been reported that Milan have tabled a part-exchange deal of around £4m and Pasquale Foggia for the Azzurri stopper’s services, but Lotito is keen to stress that no deal is done yet.

“For us Oddo is a captain, a world champion, a penalty taker, everything,” the fiery President told Rome’s Radio Radio.

Despite the admission of Coach Delio Rossi that Oddo is unhappy at the Stadio Olimpico, Lotito sounded far from resigned to losing the ex-Napoli defender.

“Of course I don’t want to sell him. He’s under contract here until 2008 and we didn’t put him on the transfer list. Any sale depends on me. Nobody’s got us by the throat, I’ll decide.”

However, Lotito did indicate that he may be looking to invest in a new generation of stars should Oddo pack his bags.

“We’ve gambled on several players who no-one else was interested in and they’ve become great players,” he declared.

“We’re not just thinking about the present, but also the future.”

The Pescara-born Oddo joined Lazio in 2002 from Verona, but started his career in the Milan youth system.

channel4

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Makedonec said:
There is a story on yahoo that Oddo is as good as gone. I dont like this at all. And I dont understand why he wants to go to Milan when he wont even start. Just look at Jankulovski.
I just hope we get good money and a good player. And spend that money well.
Pozdrav
I think that he will have guaranteed first team place in Milan..he is way more talented than Jankulovski....Do not want to sell him...He is a jewel of Lazio

·
Registered
23,873 Posts
Why are you talking about Jankulovski, are you even watching Milan and Lazio? Oddo would play instead of Cafu who may even leave in january.

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Johan said:
Why are you talking about Jankulovski, are you even watching Milan and Lazio? Oddo would play instead of Cafu who may even leave in january.
The fact that the sentences are one after another does not mean that i think that he should play in Jankuloskis place...after all Jankuloski is not standard first team player....

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Capitan Totti said:
You got to admit... Oddo sounds pretty funny. :pp

That guy is a little "odd-o" if you know what I mean? :pp :pp :pp :pp
In right team, he'd become "even-o" :D

41 - 60 of 114 Posts