Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oddo slams 'shoddy' Lazio Tuesday 28 February, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Fabio Liverani's threats to quit Lazio, now Massimo Oddo has joined in by slamming a club that is 'shoddily run' and looking to a future at Milan.

“This team is made up of loan players, co-ownerships and people in the final few months of their contracts,” explained the full-back. “This situation is not helping, as we lack the relaxed atmosphere and the spirit needed to create a united side.”

Oddo is only the latest star name to voice his anger at the way President Claudio Lotito is handling the club, which he saved from bankruptcy.

“Just think that there are no talks about renewing Coach Delio Rossi’s contract despite the fact he’s doing well this season with a team that was built for less prestigious ambitions than a UEFA Cup place. This club is shoddily run.”

The comparison with a jubilant Roma side, who beat Lazio in the derby on Sunday to achieve a record 11th straight Serie A victory, is inevitable.

“Luciano Spalletti did brilliantly to unite the squad, because without that sense of team spirit, you won’t get anywhere,” continued Oddo.

Speaking from the Coverciano training ground ahead of Italy’s friendly with Germany, the defender spoke candidly about his future.

“I have never said that I’d stay with Lazio forever. I will always be grateful to a club that believed in me and allowed me to challenge for important objectives, but things have changed and it’s disappointing to go back to the level I was at with Hellas Verona.”

Oddo has long been linked with a move to Milan and he all but announced the ticket up north was in his pocket.

“I challenge anyone in this situation to reject an offer from a club that allows you to play in Europe. I owe a great deal to Lazio, which is precisely why this scenario disappoints me so much. I am a professional and I want to win, so if I get an opportunity to improve myself, I’ll do everything to ensure that goes through.”

President Lotito hit back with a statement of his own, claiming the players are only after wage rises.

“People are trying to destabilise the club and my position, but I will carry on, especially for all those who told me that for the first time in 20 years they didn’t fear a tax inspection. I only want Lazio to grow on solid foundations rather than quicksand.”

channel4

·
Registered
423 Posts
He could be on his way to Milan. He also said if a big team goes in for him, what is he supposed to say, 'no thanks he'd rather play for mid table Italian team Lazio' Hehe. :tongue:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Carson, next time just create a new topic, rather than post in the first thread which has Oddo in its title. :)
Oddo has a point her, although it would be much better if he just informs Lotito about his frustration personally rather than with the help of the media.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Oddo should have moved this season to Milan, and boy Milan need him this season. He has improved greatly though with Lazio from when I frst saw him (esp. defensively) and at the age of what 28? it is time for him to try and win important things. I agree with him, hes a good player worthy of CL football even if I have not always though this.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I am mistaken, he is 29 and 30 by the time next season starts so he only has a couple of important years left.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Milan offered toо little money for Oddo in the summer, IIRC so I am glad we refused that offer. It would probably good for him if he moves to a bigger club but they should offer us more than just peanuts.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lazio block Oddo exit Wednesday 1 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio chief Claudio Lotito has told Massimo Oddo that he will not be allowed to leave the Stadio Olimpico at the end of the season.

The right-back is wanted by Milan and yesterday hinted that he would consider an exit in the summer.

But Lotito has today insisted that he has no intention of releasing the former Verona defender despite the number of clubs chasing him.

“I will not sell him,” stated the unpopular Biancocelesti main man. “I have already said that I am willing to argue with all of my fellow Presidents to keep him.

“I want to underline again that he has a contract here with us until June 2008 and Lazio have never put him up for sale.

“I already told him last summer that Lazio could help him to get back into the national squad and where is he today?”

Oddo has been recalled to the Azzurri set-up for tonight’s friendly against Germany and he is undoubtedly a contender to make the World Cup Finals.

Nevertheless, there is still a large slice of uncertainty at the club given that Paolo Di Canio and Fabio Liverani are only contracted until June.

“We will speak about Di Canio after April 30,” continued the Roman businessman.

“As for Liverani, he is a player who is a part of the Lazio project.”

The latter suggested earlier this week that he was considering his future after so far failing to agree terms over a new contract with the capital club.

channel4

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm surprised with the interest from Milan in him but I suppose they prefer signing older players.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Milan ‘make’ Oddo bid Wednesday 29 March, 2006

Milan have made an official move for Lazio full-back Massimo Oddo, according to reports in Italy.

The Rossoneri have been linked with the Italian for some time and a bid is now believed to have been tabled.

Milan are in need of a new right-back given that Jaap Stam has agreed to join Ajax, while Marcos Cafu is being associated with a return to Sao Paulo.

Oddo, an Italian international who scored a brace at the weekend in the 2-0 win over Sampdoria, is liked by boss Carlo Ancelotti given his offensive nature.

The Biancocelesti are understood to have maintained their stance that Oddo is not for sale and will stay until his contract expires in 2008.

However, the Rossoneri are now expected to make an improved offer for the player, thought to be in the region of £5m.

Oddo, who is pushing for a place at the 2006 World Cup Finals, actually started his career in Milan’s youth ranks.

He’s since played with success at Napoli and then Verona.

It’s also believed that Oddo, who was close to joining Juventus last summer, is being monitored by both Valencia and Tottenham.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oddo, meanwhile, is set to step up negotiations with the Rossoneri, even if Lazio patron Claudio Lotito has no intention of selling the Italian international at a cut-down price.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Clerc rejects Italian option Tuesday 2 May, 2006

Lyon revelation François Clerc won’t be moving to Italy in the summer after agreeing to stay with the French champions.

Clerc was being tipped with a switch to Serie A with clubs such as Juventus, Milan and Inter all impressed by his Ligue 1 form this term.

Yet Clerc, who was set to be available on a free transfer, has committed his future to Lyon by signing a new improved contract which will expire in June 2010.

“This decision has been made with my heart,” said the young stopper. “I’m proud that Lyon did whatever they could to keep hold of me.”

Milan are looking for a new right-back given that they will lose Jaap Stam to Ajax at the end of this season.

Having thus missed out on Clerc, the Rossoneri are now expected to pursue their interest in Lazio’s Massimo Oddo.

Juventus are also keen on a new full-back as Jonathan Zebina is expected to join Tottenham in the summer.

The Bianconeri turned their attention to Clerc after they failed to tempt Willy Sagnol into leaving Bayern Munich.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oddo desires Milan move Wednesday 3 May, 2006

Massimo Oddo confirms he is the latest Lazio player looking for a more prestigious summer move, with all likelihood to Milan.

“I have a contract with Lazio, but a player always needs new motivation,” said the right-back from Italy’s get-together at the Borghesiana training ground.

“I want to play for an important club, one that is challenging for the Champions League, and be able to win some silverware in my career.”

Oddo has been repeatedly linked with Milan over the past few months as the heir to Marcos Cafu, although there is also interest from Juventus.

President Claudio Lotito has made it clear on several occasions that he does not wish to sell the defender, but there is hope for a consensual parting of the ways.

“It would be great to achieve that career advancement, but it all depends on Lazio. I do not feel like a prisoner here, even if there is a general feeling of uncertainty.”

The Biancocelesti are in turmoil, as Fabio Liverani is heading towards Fiorentina on a free transfer, Ousmane Dabo is in advanced negotiations with Manchester City and Paolo Di Canio aimed a furious radio tirade at Lotito over delays in his contract renewal.

Meanwhile, Oddo is on track to be part of Marcello Lippi’s Azzurri party going to the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

“I am happy to be here and Lippi knows what I can give to the side. There’s not long to wait now for the full squad to be announced, so I’m only focusing on working hard.”

Italy Coach Lippi must unveil his list of 23 World Cup names on May 15.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oddo: It’s not up to me Friday 5 May, 2006

Massimo Oddo has again called for Lazio President Claudio Lotito to sanction a summer move to Juventus or Milan, but admits that the situation is out of his control.

The 29-year-old right-back has been a crucial figure for the Biancocelesti this term yet, despite securing a UEFA Cup spot last weekend, he is keen to play on a bigger stage.

Both Juventus and Milan have expressed an interest in the Pescara-born defender, but as he is under contract at the Stadio Olimpico any move would involve a substantial transfer fee.

“It’s the right time for a move to Juventus, a player always needs new challenges,” insisted Oddo. “But I’m under contract at Lazio until 2008 and my value might increase after the World Cup, so my opinion counts for nothing.”

President Lotito – who has become a hate figure for large sections of the Aquile faithful – has already stated: “I will not sell Oddo, even if I have to argue with all my fellow Presidents to keep him.”

Lazio idol Paolo Di Canio is also at loggerheads with Lotito after the President delayed any decision on the veteran striker’s future.

While Coach Delio Rossi has made it clear that he would be delighted to offer Di Canio another one-year contract, Lotito is yet to make any concrete assurances.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Milan on the defensive Wednesday 17 May, 2006

Milan transfer chief Ariedo Braida has admitted that William Gallas and Massimo Oddo could join the club this summer.

The pair have been associated with the Rossoneri who are looking to rejuvenate an ageing defence.

And on the day that the club confirmed the arrival of Giuseppe Favalli from rivals Inter, Braida insists more defenders could be on their way.

“Gallas and Oddo are two players who have the right requirements to possibly be in our squad next season,” he told the Guerin Sportivo magazine.

The Frenchman is expected to arrive after he recently admitted that he wanted to leave Chelsea this summer.

There are even some whispers circulating in the peninsula which suggest he has already passed a Rossoneri medical, even if those rumours have yet to be confirmed.

Oddo has been eternally associated with the San Siro outfit but his Lazio departure has yet to take place.

Milan chief Adriano Galliani yesterday claimed that the capital club had informed him that the player was not available for transfer.

Meanwhile, Christian Poulsen is expected to arrive at Milanello in the next few days to have his medical.

The Danish international midfielder, who is available from Schalke 04 on a free, has snubbed a move to Villarreal.

channel4

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Skysports

Oddo waits to discuss future

Lazio full back Massimo Oddo has put talk about his future on the back-burner until after the World Cup.

The Italy international, who has yet to feature in the tournament in Germany, has been linked with a summer switch to Milan.

Oddo's club future could hinge on the outcome of the match-fixing investigation in Italy, with both Lazio and Milan involved.

Any punishment could see the two clubs relegated from Serie A, with Oddo unsure if he wants to play outside the top flight.

The 30-year-old is anxious to be playing for a big club, but will wait until Italy's World Cup is over before reaching a decision.

"I don't talk about my future yet," stated Oddo. "There is nothing certain.

"Even if I'm playing in the World Cup I can stay at Lazio in Serie B.

"President Lotito, in this moment, has his thoughts. There will be time to talk to him.

"Anyway, it's clear my will would be to play in a big club in Serie A.

"Milan relegated to Serie B? We will see."

Italy meet hosts Germany in the World Cup semi-finals on Tuesday and will then feature in either a third/fourth place play-off next Saturday or the final in a week's time.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oddo wants Milan discount Saturday 5 August, 2006

Massimo Oddo has not lost hope of joining Milan and has begged Lazio to lower their £8m asking price.

“Claudio Lotito is said to be asking for £8m to release me, but if Real Madrid paid just £5m for someone like Fabio Cannavaro, I don’t see why I should have such a price tag put on my head,” pointed out the full-back.

Oddo was one of Cannavaro’s World Cup winning teammates in Germany and has already set his sights on the club he wants to join this summer.

“Through thick and thin, I have always remained a Milan supporter,” admitted the 30-year-old. “On top of that, they are a world class club. It’s clearly obvious that I wouldn’t reject such an opportunity.”

The Rossoneri will begin the 2006-07 campaign with an eight-point penalty due to the Calciopoli scandal and must wait to see if they’ll enter the Champions League after their preliminary round tie with Red Star Belgrade.

In other transfer news, newly promoted Catania have officially signed Verona midfielder Giuseppe Colucci in a co-ownership deal. The 26-year-old has also worn the jerseys of Modena, Brescia, Reggina and Livorno.

channel4

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Of course we're not actually asking for eight million pounds...As far as I can remember, the best offer we have got for Oddo is about 4M euro last sumer. Typical Milanello crap, they think they can poach Serie A players half free. I think Lotito (isn't he suspended, huh?) is right in playing hardball here. We don't have to bend over for Milan the moment our player wants to join them.

Not that I think Oddo is indispensable or anything. Belleri can do his job. But Oddo is better, and that should mean money for us...

1 - 20 of 114 Posts