Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 209 Posts

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm determined to spice up this section and I thought current vice-champions deserve their own thread :thumbsup:

So, do you think they're ready to embrace CL football? It's most unfortunate they lost Taison and the replacements they lined up (Jaja who got loaned out to Kayserispor, and Diego Souza) aren't as exciting - at least on paper but I still think they're a quality side with plenty of depth, especially in attack and defense.

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Won't be easy for them tonight at PAOK but over the two legs they should advance.

Salpingidis is a threat still even if he is getting on a bit.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PAOK are always tough opponents because they play with plenty of passion and are fueled by fanatical supporters. I'm not sure who plays there anymore but I'd put chances in Metalist favor by 60-40, it all depends how they will cope with PAOK away.

Wysyłane z mojego HUAWEI U8815 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Metalist linked with Catania's Alejandro Gomez as of today, would be very fitting and interesting signing.

·
no Quitter !
377 Posts
Metalist 1st choice Gk was subbed off in their last league game and probably wont start.

They must score in this 1st leg away, hope to see Marlos in starting XI, exciting player. Their striker Devic is in good form but a bit wasteful from what i saw

·
no Quitter !
377 Posts
Lineups for tonight game:
Disljenkovic-Villagra,Rodrigo Moledo,Papa Gueye,Azevedo-Edmar,J.M.Torres,Marlos,Diego Souza,Sosa-Devic

·
no Quitter !
377 Posts
Metalist get a solid 2-0 win away, both goals from Devic and the opening one was a spot kick.

I could only watch first 35-40 mins of the match before my stream died, PAOK played better as hosts, had best chance of 1st half in 30th minute when their striker missed a tap in. Right before the interval, PAOK unluckily conceded a penalty for handball in the box, Devic successfully convented it.

Metalist then scored their 2nd goal in 72th minute, again from Devic, his 5th in 4 matches this season. They are now waiting for opponent in Playoffs round, dont know if they will be seeded.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will watch this game tomorrow.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Won't be easy for them tonight at PAOK but over the two legs they should advance.

Salpingidis is a threat still even if he is getting on a bit.
Fortunately they played behind closed doors so no 12th man which PAOK thrive on. Metalist form in Europe is so damn impressive the past 5 years, starting with their epic 2 leg loss to Everton in '07 europa league qualifier

Salpingidis with the hand ball lol payback for shattering Ukrainian hearts in 2010 wc qualifiers. Nice player but I'm still so bitter about that.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
metalist with a own thread?maybe not a good idea.

very few people come to ukrainian forum.

in the last 9 days no one post in the upl thread.

·
Registered
58,949 Posts

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great move! Now the void after Taison has been properly patched. At least in theory. Now they're stacked with attacking options.

·
no Quitter !
377 Posts

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Metalist cannot be kicked out...why only clubs like these are picked on?

·
no Quitter !
377 Posts
Metalist cannot be kicked out...why only clubs like these are picked on?

Hope so :hopeful:

Back to league action tonight, away against Zorya Lugansk, this team won 3-1 at Dnipro last week so they are no joke team. If Metalist manage to maintain perfect record and Dynamo can get at least one point from Shakhtar, Metalist will have two points clear at top of the table.

Gomez will wear number 15, is he ready to start ?

·
no Quitter !
377 Posts
Lineups @ Zorya Lugansk:
Disljenkovic
Ksonz-Rodrigo Moledo-Papa Gueye-Azevedo
Edmar-J.M.Torres
Marlos-Diego Souza-Sosa
Devic​

Ksonz is Metalist's new player on loan from Karpaty. I don't know what position he plays so i just put him in RB position because Villagra is absent. Gomez is not even on bench though.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
zorya 2-0 at 18 min,lol....

CAS decision affecting already metalist players?

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
great goal by blanco to give metalist hope,2-1 zorya ht.

1 - 20 of 209 Posts