Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Davids to depart

Monday 29 December, 2003

Edgar Davids, out of contract at the end of the season, will be leaving Juventus according to transfer guru Luciano Moggi.

Speaking on Italian TV, Moggi said: “Do you want to know if he will stay at Juventus or go to Roma? He won’t be staying at Juve.”

Moggi though didn’t give any hint as to whether Davids would leave immediately during the winter transfer window or depart the Bianconeri for free in the summer.

The Dutch international has long been a target of Roma Coach Fabio Capello and the capital club could be his chosen destination although both Inter and Chelsea have expressed an interest in the battling midfielder.

Since Juve’s signing of Stephan Appiah last summer, Davids has found it hard to break into the first team at the Stadio Delle Alpi. However, many pundits believe it is more to do with his refusal to sign a salary-reduced contract than a loss of form.

Davids has been a regular at the Turin club since joining for £3.4m in December 1997 after a disastrous two-season spell with Milan having arrived in Italy from Ajax.

Nicknamed the Pitbull, he has been inspirational in the club’s recent Scudetto successes and epitomises the famous Spirito Juve.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Its really sad that he's been treated badly lately and he must ended his Juventino time this way.
He deserve more respect from the club IMHO.

He will forever remain as one of our greatest fighters.

Good luck for Davids wherever he may settle next (but not that much if its Roma or Milan) :depress:

·
Registered
600 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:
i dont think hell come back to milan.
I know.
I just mentioned the clubs where I won't wish him good luck, that's all.;)

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Yes, Davids is one of those players you shouldn't sell.
Always need a guy like that. You'll regret him seeing him in another team, specially if in Serie A.

I really don't want him in Roma by the way. That would make a pretty scary team, if they play Davids instead of Lima maybe, in a Left side role...:stress:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Juventus expect Fulham contact over Davids
tribalfootball.com - December 31, 2003

Fulham have been linked with Juventus midfielder Edgar Davids.
Juve are inviting English clubs to make knockdown offers for the Dutchman over a six-month loan deal in January.

Davids is off contract in the summer and has been left on the sidelines in recent weeks by Juve management. The midfielder wants to play, but interested clubs aren't prepared to pay a transfer fee next month for the player.

Instead, Juve hope to at least get some compensation from a loan deal and also benefit from ending an uncertain situation.

Italian press reports state Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed is set to contact Juve chief Luciano Moggi to open talks over Davids.

================

Davids still waiting for bids Tuesday 30 December, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus star Edgar Davids is wanted by a host of clubs but nobody has made a concrete offer says his agent.

"As of yet no club has tabled a solid bid," admitted Robert Geerlings. "However, there are numerous sides interested."

The midfielder, who will be out of contract with the club at the end of the season, has rarely featured for the Bianconeri this term.

That has increased speculation that he could depart in January with Inter, Roma and Chelsea all interested. A move which Geerlings has failed to rule out.

"Edgar¡¦s current deal expires in six months time," he added. "Yet it is by no means certain that he will remain with them until June."

It is believed that Geerlings met with director general Luciano Moggi yesterday in a bid to find the player a new destination.

Reports in Italy suggest that Inter are in pole position to sign the 31-year-old former Ajax and Milan player.

channel4

·
Registered
282 Posts
david's flame has almost burnt out i think. maybe it's time he went a step down in his career, like arsenal :D , he could always return to ajax, but he will probably want the captain's armband among many things :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Special referee privalages for once being a Juve player. :rolleyes:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Juventus president: We can't do much for Davids
tribalfootball.com - January 1, 2004

Juventus honorary president Umberto Agnelli has admitted there's little future at the club for midfielder Edgar Davids.
"2003 has been a splendid year," he said. "But for us there is always something to work towards.

"Nedved? The Ballon d'Or is deserved for him and the squad. As far as Davids goes, there is not much we can say about a player who does not want to stay here…"

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Fulham, Chelsea closer to Juventus outcast Davids
tribalfootball.com - January 3, 2004

Juventus are offering Edgar Davids to foreign clubs this month.
The Dutchman is off contract in the summer and Juve are resigned to losing him at the end of the season.

Club officials have decided to allow Davids to leave on a six-month loan - but only to a foreign club. His agent confirmed the proposal in yesterday's press.

Fulham and Chelsea are among clubs to have been linked with Davids in the past week.

V

·
0 Posts
I hope Davids will return to the club where it all begin for him, AJAX. I think then will happen the same as in 1995, with Rijkaard. Ajax will conquer the world again with young and very talentfull players.

I don't understand Juve, why they let this fantastic player go so easy, he is still one of the world greatest defensive midfielders, only Vieira is better, but he is from the same quality as Keane and Makelele.

·
Registered
282 Posts
davids is best buds with rijkaard. i'm sure it's a matter of time before he will go to barca. he will get a starting place, and will be fit for euro 2004. at the expense of a spanish player or somebody else. but hey, as long as davids stays happy and remains in contention for euro 2004. i think we can go far without him, but everybody is still saying that every team needs a player like davids. he win a game for you, but can just as easily lose the game for you aswell. :eek:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Juventus offer Davids to Espanyol, Rivaldo ponders move
tribalfootball.com - January 4, 2004

Released AC Milan attacker Rivaldo will give Espanyol his decision on joining them on Monday morning.
The Brazilian ace wants to see Espanyol against Real Mallorca before deciding if he can help Luis Fernandez's team.

Meanwhile, Juventus have approached Espanyol about taking midfielder Edgar Davids on-loan for the rest of the season.

Juve are keen to offload the Dutchman, but only to a foreign club. A stumbling block for Espanyol is Davids' wages.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Davids link to London duo

Juventus are resigned to losing Edgar Davids next summer and have decided to allow the Dutch international to leave on a six-month loan to a foreign club. His agent confirmed the proposal while Fulham and Chelsea are the favourites in England to land the midfielder.

channel4

1 - 20 of 100 Posts