Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL....Clayton Zane..is so funny...haha!! The fanzine thing was just a joke :D

I just wanted to say that Australian Clayton Zane that played for Molde last year, has been lent out to Lillestrøm and will make his debut against Molde today!! How do you think he will do? :)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I suppose this question is predominantely targeted at me :doh: :cool: :D

Well to be honest, Zane is not exactly revered by the fans here, and i understand the situation is the same in Norge.

To be honest, i do not see him getting a start at LSK because Powell & his striker partner would have to play pretty badly for Zane to ever be considered :tongue: :D

If you want my brief analysis of Zane, from what i have seen, he has a very weak shot, and when he does make good contact, his accuracy is nowhere to be seen. His positional play is not terribly good either and i have seen no evidence to suggest tat he has any idea of how to read a game. His only strengths (if you can call them that :dielaugh: :rollani: ) are his size, and acceptable speed & heading ability, ...... oh and his work-rate, which is probably an excuse to cover up his failings in all other areas of his play :)

[Edited by Andreas Speck on 11-04-2001 at 10:13]

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clayton Zane came in at the 69th minute, and could not help Lillestrøm much as they were already 2-0 down. Molde was clearly the better team and LSK didn't even have one good chance. Many times, when LSK had tried to attack, the whole team was unbalanced and Molde could just run over them like a big machine. In the end Molde won 4-0, after goals from Thomas Mork, Magne Hoseth and 2 goals from a fierce striker named Bernt Hulsker.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
If you want, you might like to make a post in the Oceania thread about Clayton Zane and your thoughts, some info on him and ask the guys what they think of him :hopefull:, just in case they are big fans of him (unlikely, but i will be :embarass: if they are as i spoke for them :nasty: )

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could probably do something like that..hehe, but I am just generally interested in him. Like I said the whole fanzine thing was a joke :)

I wish him good luck in Lillestrøm, with all thier injuries and thier weak squad he might get his big break. After all he has played and now trained an entire winter with Molde, he might have improved. It will be interesting to see him when the season starts. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts