Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's obvious that Safet Susic could only get us as far as a world cup from an easy qualification group. But he does not have the tactical knowledge or discipline to help our team do well at an international tournament.

Now that Vahid Halilhodzic is leaving Algeria after the World Cup we have to bring him in.

Players like Dino Arslanagic and Sanjin Prcic are a priority for the future.

And guys like Seo Kolasinac need to be playing games instead of being shunned away by poor line-up choices.

VAHA For EURO 2016 :thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think it's about damn time we hire a good coach. Can't believe how Susic hasn't lasted more than 2 yrs in a club in his whole coaching career, yet he's been our manager for half a decade now. Susic lack of tactical brilliance has been exposed severely. He played a winger as left back, played an injured CB and suddenly decided to start the game with Medunjanin who hasn't played a full game for us since Lithuania or some shit. Then he proceeded with bringing in Ibisevic for Hajro despite him being one of the better players and kept Miske who was out of fuel and struggled big time to keep up with the pace of the game. Even weirder was the decision to take of Lulic for Salihovic..as if we needed a fresh LB when we desperately needed a goal. To make things even worse, he subbed in his own cousin as to say: 'Well, lad. Since we're not going to win this game anyway, go get your 26 minutes of fame.'

Horrible, horrible performance.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Even if we have to pay 1,5 mil BAM a year. He's a guy who can bring us past the group stages in 2016. That's def worth the money.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Besides Vaha, who else is out there that can lead us (and is realistic)? People have mentioned Barbarez and the like as someone who'd they want but I am not so sure I'd like that... We need a coach with experience, one who is proven.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Bazdarevic, BAJEVIC!!!, and Hadzibegic.
Bazdarevic has coached some decent teams like Souchaux but never really had a long spell.

Bajevic is definitely realistic considering he was part of the savez's normalization committee. Athough, another manager with short spells with clubs. His longest was four years with Velez Mostar (although back when we were good).

Hadzibegic may be the worst option fo the three. He seems like he has coaced more Turkish clubs than Susic.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
So what Sac?

Susic has not coached any team aside from Kuracspor for more than 1 year and even then the players made a coup to get him out

Hadzibegic is a much better manager than Susic. At least he won't talk about our weaknesses publicly and play 3-6-1 formations.

·
U Mad Buraz?
3,753 Posts
Halilhodzic would be ideal. Experience coaching outsiders on all levels, tactically sound, and - just as importantly - far more of an authority as manager than anyone else we have had before.

Bazdarevic is probably the more realistic choice. I think he has the first two factors I mentioned for Vaha, but not necessarily the third.

My biggest fear is that we would get some domestic clown, like Jagodić.

·
Registered
9,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I remember when Barbarez said that Susic was a better coach than Vaha somtime ago on this forum as well :rollani:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts