Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 267 Posts

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Good but not easy, says Al Montashari

JEDDAH – AFC Player of the Year Hamad Al Montashari expressed quiet satisfaction with Saudi Arabia’s Asian Cup 2007 qualifying group which has pooled the three-time winners with defending champions Japan, India and Yemen.

“The draw is good but it’s not easy,” the Al Ittihad defender told FootballAsia.com.

“Saudi Arabia’s group is better than the other groups and while Japan are strong we are still one of the best teams in Asia.

“All the players play with big clubs in the Saudi League and we will prepare well for the qualifiers,” Al Montashari said, referring to a four-team tournament which will take place in Riyadh from January 21 to 25 and feature European champions Greece, Finland and Korea Republic, who the Saudis beat home and away in the 2006 World Cup qualifiers.

With the Asian Cup qualifiers, the World Cup and Al Ittihad’s quest for a hat-trick of AFC Champions League titles the highlights of a hectic 2006, it’s a busy 12 months for Al Montashari but after his impressive form last year the 23-year-old knows there can be no let up.

”There is a lot of pressure on me because I won the 2005 Player of the Year award but I know I must give my best in every match in Asia and in the World Cup as well. I will give more than 100% in order to keep my level.”

Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia national team manager Fahad Al Musaibih is refusing to take India and Yemen likely, even though conventional wisdom dictates that the Saudis and Japan should claim the two berths at next year’s Asian Cup.

“The Japanese team is strong and they are well known but India are a powerful team while Yemen are an improved side and they caused some problems for us in the last Gulf Cup,” Al Musaibih told FootballAsia.com.

The Saudis will take on Sweden in a friendly on January 12 which will be the first match for new boss Marcos Paqueta.

The former Al Hilal who replaced Gabriel Calderon last month, has called up 27 players for the friendly with the Swedes with a notable omission of veteran striker Sami Al Jaber and influential midfielder Mohammed Noor.

“The coach will have a press conference on January 17 where he will discuss everything regarding the national team formation. However, the door is still open for everyone,” Al Musaibih explained.

Saudi Arabia’s Asian Cup qualifying campaign begins on February 22 with a trip to Yemen before they entertain Japan on March 1 in a repeat of the 2000 final, which the Japanese won 1-0.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Mussav said:
AFC Asian Cup 2007
Rescheduled Group D fixtures
Feb 22 – Bahrain v Australia; Lebanon v Kuwait
Mar 1 – Kuwait v Bahrain
Aug 16 – Australia v Kuwait; Bahrain v Lebanon
Sep 1 – Australia v Lebanon
Sep 6 – Kuwait v Australia; Lebanon v Bahrain
Oct 11 – Australia v Bahrain; Kuwait v Lebanon
Sep 15 – Bahrain v Kuwait; Lebanon v Australia
The crucial games for us are obviously the back-to-back home games in August and September. If we win those we'll probably qualify in second at least.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Mussav said:
Iraq boosted by West Asian glory

Iraq coach Akram Salman has said that their victory in the 2005 West Asian Games, held in Qatar last month, was the ideal preparation for their Asian Cup qualifying campaign.

“We played in the West Asian Games as a preparation for the Asian Cup qualifiers since it was the only chance to group the players and we successfully won the tournament,” Salman, who skippered Iraq at the 1986 World Cup finals in Mexico, told FootballAsia.com.

“There are 12 professionals who we can’t group together and the players who play in Iraq also don’t have good circumstances to train well. Therefore, the West Asian Games will have a positive effect on our national team before the Asian Cup qualifiers.

Iraq have been grouped with last Asian Cup hosts China, Singapore and Palestine and Salman feels that the draw could have been worse for the Middle East nation, who have reached the quarter-finals of the last three Asian Cups.

“The draw was not bad and I think that the two teams who have the best chance to top the group are us and China.

“However, in football there are no big names and we should respect all the teams.

“Palestine are a good team, they have good professionals and they held us in the FIFA World Cup qualifiers while Singapore are strong at home and the atmosphere in South East Asia could affect us when we play there.”

Iraq will kick-off their campaign against Singapore on February 22 and Salman is hoping that his side can play several friendlies before their away match with the reigning ASEAN champions.

“We have arranged a friendly match against Oman in February where we will be able to get all our professional players together and I am hoping that we can play more games for the first match in the qualifiers.”
i think you guys have a real chance,i hope we come across ya at some stage.
would be a great one!

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Darragh1987 said:
i think you guys have a real chance,i hope we come across ya at some stage.
would be a great one!
well, yes I think we have a chance, but 1st we must win over Singapore, to make sure.
Palestine Not a strong team, we won over them in the last 3 games.
and about China, all Iraqis want this match because we want revenge after lose in the Asian Cup.

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Iraq, Thailand friendly on February 16

BAGHDAD/ MUSCAT/ABU DHABI/ BEIRUT: Iraq has arranged a friendly with Thailand on February 16 in Bangkok.

Announcing the friendly match-up, Iraqi Football Association President Hussain Saeed said the encounter would help the team prepare for the AFC Asian Cup 2007 qualifiers. “The match will be part of our training camp in Bangkok.”

Iraq will play Lebanon and Oman in two more friendlies on February 8 and 13. The Iraqis are in Group E with China, Singapore and Palestine.

Oman coach Srecko Juricic has called up 25 players for the AFC Asian Cup squad. Oman are in Group C alongside Jordan, UAE and Pakistan and will open their account on February 22 against the UAE in Dubai.

The Omanis will also check into a training camp in Doha from January 28-30. Fourteen of the 25 players called up for the camp play abroad.

Meanwhile, Jordan are preparing in an Abu Dhabi camp and will meet Sweden in a friendly on January 23 here. Jordan lost to Ivory coast 0-2 on January 17.

Lebanon will clash with Saudi Arabia in a friendly on January 27 in Riyadh. The Lebanon Football Association confirmed the date after receiving approval from their Saudi counterparts. Lebanon have been drawn in group D alongside Bahrain, Kuwait and Australia.

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Seven days to go to launch of AFC Asian Cup 2007 Official Website

Kuala Lumpur: The AFC Asian Cup 2007 Official website – www.afcasiancup.com - will launch a week from today, on Wednesday 22 February 2006.

The launch of the site is timed to coincide with the first round of qualification matches, which kick-off across the continent next Wednesday.

The date of the website launch also happens to be exactly 500 days before the Opening Match of AFC Asian Cup 2007 on 7 July 2007.

The website promises to have full match coverage of every one of the 72 qualifiers, with news, previews, interviews, match reports in English and Arabic.

Users will also be able to access video clips of key games throughout the Qualifying Round, which takes place between 22 February and 15 November 2006.

Having a dedicated event site for the AFC Asian Cup 2007 is part of the Asian Football Confederation’s (AFC) strategy to achieve maximum exposure for its key tournaments, and provide Asian fans with full access to comprehensive news about the competition.

The site will be run by World Sport Group, AFC's commercial partners for AFC Asian Cup 2007.

AFC President, Mohamed bin Hammam commented, “The AFC Asian Cup 2004 in China demonstrated the huge awareness and interest from both fans and media, evident in the television audience and the website traffic. We are confident that AFC Asian Cup 2007 will take this interest to even higher levels. Having a dedicated website is really the only way that we can provide up-to-the-minute information and news on both the qualifiers and the final tournament, to our fans and media in Asia and across the world”.

The AFC Asian Cup 2007 will take place between 7 July and 29 July 2007. The competition will be hosted by Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia.

·
Registered
79 Posts
the website looks impressive.we got sites like this for huge events like world cup and uefa champs league.nice to see AFC progressing

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thailand edge Iraq 4-3 in friendly

Thailand edged Iraq 4-3 in a friendly to record their first ever win over their West Asian rivals at the Ayutthaya Stadium on Thursday.

Four goals were scored in the first 12 minutes and as the match progressed three more were pumped in. The Thais had lost nine matches and drawn three in 12 previous meetings.

Prat Samakrat put Thailand ahead after two minutes but Imad Mohammed hauled Iraq level eight minutes later. Two minutes later Thailand reestablished their lead following an own goal by Ali Hassan.

Nirut Kumsawad increased the lead in the 12th minute to make it 3-1.

Mohammed reduced the arrears just before half time. After the break, Thailand made it 4-2 through Apichate Puttan but Mohammed was on the mark again for his hat-trick in the final minute to finish a goal behind the hosts.

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Indonesia offers to host final of AFC Asian Cup 2007

Indonesia formally expressed its interest in holding the final of the AFC Asian Cup 2007 before the AFC Asian Cup 2007 Organising Committee here today at the AFC House.

Upon receipt of Indonesia’s request, the committee decided to invite and evaluate similar expressions of interest from the other co-hosts Thailand, Malaysia and Vietnam and award the final of Asia's premier football event in the month of July during the next session of the AFC standing committee meetings.

The venue and date for the final draw of the AFC Asian Cup 2007 will also be decided in this July meeting. The preliminary round kicks off on Wednesday, 22 February, and will be completed on November 15, 2006.

A proposal by the AFC Competitions Department was also presented to the Committee in which the allotment of group matches among the four countries, the opening ceremony and final was discussed.

According to this plan, the six matches of each group will be hosted in one country each. One of these countries would also get the rights to host the opening ceremony but the final will not be awarded to this country. The quarterfinals will be played in each country and the semifinals in only two countries. But the countries hosting the semifinals will not get to host either the final or the opening ceremony. The idea is to have eight matches in all venues. The match schedule will be confirmed at the final draw in December 2006

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Tomorrow in group C two matches will be played:

Oman Vs UAE

Jordan Vs Pakistan

predictions that Jordan will lead the group after the first round regardless of the second game's result in goal difference

Matches history between Jordan Vs Pakistan:

Matches Database: JOR : PAK

06-APR-00 DOHA (Qatar) Pakistan vs. Jordan 0:5 (0:4) Asian Nations Cup 2000 Prel. Comp.

09-AUG-96 AMMAN (Jordan) Jordan vs. Pakistan 4:0 (1:0) Asian Nations Cup 1996 Prel. Comp.

20-JUN-93 CHENGDU (China PR) Pakistan vs. Jordan 0:5 (0:4) FIFA WC 1994 Prel. Comp. AFC

30-MAY-93 IRBED (Jordan) Jordan vs. Pakistan 3:1 (1:0) FIFA WC 1994 Prel. Comp. AFC

10-APR-88 KUALA LUMPUR (Malaysia) Pakistan vs. Jordan 0:1 (0:1) Asian Nations Cup 1988 Prel. Comp.

·
Registered
79 Posts
tv broadcasts

heres the channels for tomoros games guys(middle east):

Japan vs India ART Sport 1
Singapore vs Iraq ART Sport 5
China vs Palestine ART Sport 6
Iran vs Taiwan Iran TV3
Syria vs South Korea Syrian Space channel,ART World cup
Hong Kong vs Qatar ART Sport 4
Yemen vs Saudi Arabia ART Sport 1,saudi sports channel
Oman vs UAE Dubai Sports,Abu dhabi sports,ART Sport 4,Oman space channel
Bahrain vs Australia ART Sport 1,Bahrain Sport
Jordan vs Pakistan ART Sport 5
Lebanon vs Kuwait Dubai Sports,Kuwait Sport,Future TV,ART Sport 6

·
Registered
203 Posts
My prediction

Japan 6 - 0 India
Yemen 1 - 3 Saudi Arabia

Iran 7 - 0 Taiwan
Syria 0 - 2 South Korea

Jordan 3 - 0 Pakistan
UAE 1 - 1 Oman

Bahrain 1 - 2 Australia
Lebanon 2 - 2 Kuwait

China 3 - 1 Palestine
Singapore 0 - 2 Iraq

Uzbekistan 5 - 0 Bangladesh
Hong Kong 1 - 2 Qatar

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I said it once and I will say it again

NO ONE Will watch FOOTBALL again, If all the teams playes like SINGAPORE
man all the team are defense I saw the match untill 70 minte after that I turn off the TV
If Brazil playe against any team in the World with 9 defenders the other team will win

thats why I said
NO ONE Will watch FOOTBALL again, If all the teams playes like SINGAPORE

any way Congratulations

41 - 60 of 267 Posts