Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 519 Posts

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Early in the season:

Gabriel Milito: Almost signed (even a press conference was scheduled) on the last minute according to Valdano he failed the medical not good enough for Real Madrid.

Later in the seaon: Had a great season and He lifted the Kings Cup trophy afeter Zaragoza a mid table team beated us in the Finals.

Early
Morientes had a good off season with us in Asia, seem like the ideal man coming out of the bench for Ronaldo or even making the first team when Raul was off form but Perez SHIPPED him to a liitle princess city call Monaco so nobody will remembered him.

Later: He scored twice against our pathetic defensemen and he was having a big smile after the game ended. Monaco is going to the CL Semis.

Early
Makelele: Our best midfielder defensemen maybe among the 3 best in the world ask for a little salary raise, he loved to be part of Real Madrid a team who has brough him fame and glory.

Later:
Had a superb game against one if not the best offense in Europe (Arsenal in Highbury), he is going to the Semis by the way.

Early
Ayala, the best defenseman in La Liga was real close to sign for us, but a little difference in the figures and pEREZ NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH to get him let this superb defenseman stayed at Valencia when he was eager to come to the Madrid.

Later: Valencia is just one point away from us, dont u see a trend here.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
I think most members in this forum have seen this coming for some time, each year we groan over lack of defensive, ball winning players who can transition our back line to our uber offensive players. It happend last year and now this year.

I think Perez is on the bubble for re-election, if a serious legitimate contender can be found I wouldnt be surprised, if he lose the election. He has ran off some true madridista....Redondo, Morientes, Hierro plus 2nd line players like Karanka, Macca, Makelele and this list goes on and on. These are the players who help contributed to our success.

When I look at our squad we need at least 4 players to come in and lend support since the Pavones are still too imature to play at such high levels.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
I'll maybe post some other time but to tell you honestly I really don't think that Real would've been eliminated today after taking the lead had VDB been the coach!

Real has multiple problems creeping up now.

Zizou, Figo are downhill now. Believe it or not they are! You need three players to get set again IMO.

A playmaker -> Totti/Aimar/Rosicky

A defender -> Metzelder/Mexes

Coach -> Get a new one. Queiroz can stay as assistant coach.

And this thinking of Player A can be called a GALACTICO has to go!!! There are many players out there who are good. Concentration should be towards making a great team of good players rather than a good team of great players!

-----------------------Casillas-----------------------
-
--Salgado-----Mejia-----Metzelder-------Carlos
-
-----------------------Helguera--------------------
-
------Beckham-----------------------Solari-------
-
------------------------Totti-----------------------
-
----------------Raul--------Ronaldo-------------

More balance and for a change it looks like a football side!

The chances of this happening are quite rare though.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
do you guys want morientes back to madrid? i know many will disagree to me. but i have to say moro is not worse than any forward in madrid. moro may not be better than ronaldo and raul in talent. he is simply much more consistent. he can at least do something in every match, if not be very shine. that is not like some forward in madrid disappear from the field. ronaldo (raul) can score five goals in one match. but on the other hand, he can disappear from the field in another match. one-match man? morientes may benefit more overall. he gave us a lesson. that is a fact. a fact is irrefutable. how you explain it, ronaldo- (raul-) defenders? no one should be irreplaceable. those who perform bad for a time please sit on the bench. queiroz? perez? discuss in peace.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
How is this Ronaldo's fault?

First he wasn't there for La Copa Final, and now he doesn't score against Monaco and he is the one to blame for all this?

Are you forgetting that Raul scored thanks to a great pass by Il Fenomeno?

The reason why RM lost tonight was simply because they have no DM's both Zidane and Figo are over the hill, and they have a very weak defense!

Get Samuel and Ayala both if you can over the summer and move Helguera in the middle...and you will have no problems...

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
It's all the Fatboy's faults. :stress::googly: :tongue: Since he came, Real have been eliminated each year in the CL...:groan: before he came, Raul was the true jewell we all know, respect and admire and Real were actually winning the CL every other year...:eek:

It's all pretty obvous that Perez's policies have not produced the best of the fruits in the past 2 seasons. Ressourcs should have been used elsewhere where they would have benefitted the team and not the marketing department.

Well, I don't need to go on, it's all well known what needs to be done...;)

Cheers.;)

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Casillas : 5.5
Míchel Salgado : 5 (Raul Bravo 85': n/a)
Roberto Carlos : 6
Zidane : 5.5
Helguera : 5
Raúl : 7
Ronaldo : 6
Figo : 5
Guti : 5 (Portillo 88': n/a)
Borja : 4 (Solari 74' : 5)
Mejía : 4

really San Zero? is this why AC MILAN wanted to sing RONALDO? not to long ago? do you know why MILAN wanted IL FENOMENO? because Super POOPO IL SUCKY and SHeva are no where near his league!

·
Registered
242 Posts
really San Zero? is this why AC MILAN wanted to sing RONALDO? not to long ago? do you know why MILAN wanted IL FENOMENO? because Super POOPO IL SUCKY and SHeva are no where near his league!
So why did Real try for Sheva BEFORE Ronaldo???:cool:

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

i wanted to start a thread with the same topic, but alter ego beat me.
my name for the thread was: "morientes 2:0 Perez"
which i think reflect what a lot of true madrid fans think.
i would like to say first, that i read of some posts on the 1/4 thread, writing they will not post anymore, not watch the games anymore and so on.
gimme a fu(ken break, all you glory hunters can go now and root for AC milan or maybe even monaco.
we dont need you here.

now, about perez.
i hope, can only hope, that someone will try to fight him in the upcoming election.
not so long ago, none of us thought that anyone can beat him, but i think things have changed.
as i wrote before, perez have gone bad with so many 'old' madrid people, that it might just come back and bite his a$$.
it might also be the same reason that will eventualy convince perez to change his stupid policy of "pavons and zidans" and get some "medium level" players. if perez will fear of loosing the elections he will go and get those players.
players who can come from the bench and made impact.
players who we can trust to play full 90 minutes for less important games (cope del rey, as in any year was big mistake, a mistake that costed us tonight).
players who played in a high level league before and not in some 2nd division team.
having said that, i have all the respect for all our young players, who for the most, are pushed to play way too early then they should and not in their correct position.

regarding what to do now, well, i'm sure CQ will leave madrid, even before the end of the season.
he was a nice "yes" man, but he is not fit for big club.
everyone can blame perez/valdano for 'forcing' CQ to play the "shmalactiocs" all the time, but you can only blame him for all the stupid subs he made through out the whole season.
(inlcuding in tonight's game).

some players who must leave (my opinion):
figo - too old, too predicted, too selfish. sell him and get the cash.
beckham - if we can get some stupid club (like chelsea) to pay alot on him, lets do it. we never needed him but we sure do need someone else in his position.
borja - way too slow for his age(i wrote that before tonight's game). i rather keep cambiasso.

some players that should get regular or more playing time:
solari - should be a first team player all the time.
mejia - he will improve alot near a real CB.
juan fran - great talent, lets keep him in the club.
portillo - well, to be honest, i can't blame him for wanting to leave, we need to keep him or sell him and get moro back.

some players that need to change how they play:
zidan - i think zidan should become like what Bergkamp is for arsenal. a top player to play in the more important games.
it is clear zidan can not play at top form for a whole season and he is not getting any younger.
lets keep him for the important games/part of the season.
ronaldo - (sorry dagoods), best striker in the world, but sometimes we need other elements in a striker that ronaldo lacks.
what are those? helping the team with defence/midfield at crisis times, more commitment then just waiting for the ball and also the ability to play full 90 minutes while running.
so ronaldo fits in some games, but not in other.
raul - forget about this midfield crap, your a forward, stay there and shine again.
helguera - he is an ok defender, but i truely think that with an exprience defence his impact on the game in midfield will be much better.

well, i think its a too long post anyway, so i'll just add this:
if i perez had balls, he would fire CQ tomorrow, fire valdano the day after and bring back VDB and hierro(no, not to play) to the club.
________
CHEVROLET EXPRESS

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
So why did Real try for Sheva BEFORE Ronaldo???
That's because RONALDO was injured you sap!
and talk to Dagoods when Sheva wins 2 WORLD CUPS!

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The problems of Real Madrid can be easily solved. It doesn't even take too much money. Here:

Sack Quieroz, get a real coach. Whoever. Prizing Jabo Irureta away from La Coruna would be a major coup but someone else will do the job too (Hitzfeld is leaving Bayern for example). Or that geniuous called Mourinho.

Get two GOOD central defenders. Not one, two. None of them has to be particularly world class, just some solid defenders who won't embarass themselfs. Ricardo Carvalho of Porto and Squillaci of Monaco for example. If you want to go world-class someone like Samuel will do.

Sell Figo and replace him with a decent, young Spanish player. Vicente or Joaquin for example. They'll be expensive of course, but the sale of Figo will generate some money too. Or how about Deco, he is class.

Casillas

Salgado - Squillaci - Samuel - Roberto Carlos

Beckham - Helguera

Deco - Zidane

Raul - Ronaldo

Unstoppable. The various "Pavones" can be back ups.

Easy. If only Valdano and Perez pull their heads off their asses.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

this just sank in my mind.
moro and makalele, 2 guys that got kicked out of madrid,
both are in the semi final of the championes league.
shows a lot of our sport managment.....
________
Ferrari Mondial

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Do you think Ronaldo place among the greats will be diminished if he never wins a CL title?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I hope Daboobs you agree that a player is only good as the team he plays in.
When you say a football team is all Ronaldo - than i must ask you why Ronaldo didnt perform in this one.
So all the time it has been Brazil and not Ronaldo winning the World Cup as is the case here, that Real Madrid and not Ronaldo lost the match

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dagoods said:

and talk to Dagoods when Sheva wins 2 WORLD CUPS!
Like that means anything. He plays for Brazil, even Roque Junior has won a world cup with them for god's sake. Doesn't make him the worlds best defender.

How many world cups would Ronaldo have won playing for the Ukraine??

Cruyff, Eusebio, Platini, Van Besten?? No World cups there. Obviously not very good players.

Honestly, i think your name should be Dagoose....

·
Registered
833 Posts
Real Merda is the best example on how u can **** up big time even having so much cash. Selling Makele was ok, they offered a lot of cash....

---------------------Casillas
--Michel-----Ferrari------Bravo-----R.Carlos
----------------------------Helguera
--Figo---------Beckham-----------Zidane
-------------------Ronaldo-----Raul

and there u got a MUCH better team. Yeah, would be still needing a young right back, and two others defenders, and also some REALLY defensive midfielder to bench Helguera. Small details ****s Real Merda up. Well deserved loss for Monaco. Real tried to make a joke out of football and football made a joke out of Real.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Do you think Ronaldo place among the greats will be diminished if he never wins a CL title?
Pele never won a CL (he won 2 Libertadores and 2 Intercontinental Cups), Maradona never won a CL (he only won a UEFA Cup), Ronaldo has already won a UEFA CUP, and a RECOPA DE EUROPA, and 1 INTERCONTINENTAL CUP. He has up to 2008 to at least win 1 or 2 CL trophies, I like his chances.

hope Daboobs you agree that a player is only good as the team he plays in.
When you say a football team is all Ronaldo - than i must ask you why Ronaldo didnt perform in this one.
So all the time it has been Brazil and not Ronaldo winning the World Cup as is the case here, that Real Madrid and not Ronaldo lost the match
Okay so Il Fenomeno didn't score, but at least he gave a beautiful assist to Raul. The lack of CB's and DM's led to Real Madrid's demise. (How is this RONALDO'S Fault)?

Like that means anything. He plays for Brazil, even Roque Junior has won a world cup with them for god's sake. Doesn't make him the worlds best defender.

How many world cups would Ronaldo have won playing for the Ukraine??

Cruyff, Eusebio, Platini, Van Besten?? No World cups there. Obviously not very good players.

Honestly, i think your name should be Dagoose....
Cruyff at least made it to the WC final (best player of the tournament), Eusebio was good, so was Platini, Van Basten? are you serious this guy was mediocre!

On the other hand, RONALDO has delivered da goods for his country in more than one ocassion!

MALDINI never won a world cup with ITALIA but at least he made the WC Finals, and because of his talent he is light years ahead of RJ.

A Player's greatness is based on their talents and their success!
RONALDO has both factors in his favor!

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Okay so Il Fenomeno didn't score
Thats his fault:D

See, if you are blamiing the defenders for the loss, than you should also credit the defenders when Real doesnt concede as many goals.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
See, if you are blamiing the defenders for the loss, than you should also credit the defenders when Real doesnt concede as many goals.
Well who was the player who gave Raul that sublime pass?

Was it Borja? Guit? Zidane? Figo? (all midfielders?) NO! It was IL FENOMENO RONALDO that's who!

Real only scored one goal, thanks to IL FENOMENO'S Sublime vision!

1 - 20 of 519 Posts