Xtratime Community banner

Out of mercy, should we lock this thread?

3601 - 3620 of 3660 Posts

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Can I say that Mourinho has become a bit pathetic? As long as he won he could do whatever he liked and maybe look smart for trolling the losers, but now that he loses (and sometimes loses badly) he just looks like a sore loser.
He is right in this case though

Obviously coming to the best team in the league in 2008 is a different situation to coaching a Roma team that finished in a Conference League position last season.

·
Registered
18,475 Posts

Obviously coming to the best team in the league in 2008 is a different situation to coaching a Roma team that finished in a Conference League position last season.
He isn't.

Italian refs and reffing in Serie A is one thing. What happens in Europe is another. That was clear in Euro 2020.
Mourinho's comparison isn't really helpful.

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Rules should be the same when it comes to retaking penalties

·
Registered
48,514 Posts
it's a minor situation and pretty common too in fact most of penalties are taken with players inside the penalty area.
The real problem is that for the first time Mourinho is the coach of a serie A club who has no chance to win the scudetto and right now looks like repeating the mediocre result of the past season in spite of the Special One.

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Cuadrado complaining about diving, now I have seen everything!

Shorts Sports uniform Soccer Jersey Sports gear

·
Registered
264 Posts

mourinho is good coach but his way of coaching is so 90-10,s just image inter in 2010 or before and morinho going with handcuffs inter players next game were determined to not give refs a reason to make us lose. he would critisize players and they would get mad and show them he was wrong. today players in roma he criticize players like nzonzi and other guy they now out of spite do not want to go anywhere but sit on bench because their feeling were hurt. you can no ell players truth anymore because they think they are in charge. going after refs also his schicological conditioning of players because he wants them determined to win but unlike inter players in 10 's these agree and use it as excuse why they lost

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Basically what you're saying is that player personalities are different now, players are a bit spoilt. Anyhow he did have big characters at his Inter (JZ, Cambiasso, Samuel etc..)

·
Registered
48,514 Posts
The biggest problem for Mourinho is that he accepted a job in a club which is rebuilding (and probably will fail to rebuild) so he must face opponents which are better than his Roma. Accepting means that he must not highlight it every time he loses, even badly, when he is forced to rely on the players who are less good. I have never thought that Fonseca was a good coach, but Fonseca had the same Mayoral, Villar, Kumbulla etc. and never complained.
And Mourinho should not try not to behave like the censor, blame the greedy agents, players etc., because he has been in football long enough and eaten what the people he blames eat.

·
Registered
19,267 Posts
Mou has become very embarrassing.

He has always had elite squads but this Roma is deficient in many ways.

He blames the players' quality then the refs then the quality again, then the refs - 2 things he can't actually change 🙄

·
Registered
47,970 Posts
Blaming the refs isn't so bad...but he's been doing it for so long that he needs to switch it up to stay credible. And switching up isn't switching to the players, lol.

@f.c. krajina is right...Mourinho is a 90-10 manager. So is Conte in spirit. Players in the new generations are spoiled, etc. But for Mourinho, this isn't all that is going wrong.

@ToniSamp hit this on the head...not only does Mourinho have to adapt to the new generation (Conte was able to do this at Inter, btw, by finding players who would play for him and for each other) but Mourinho also needs to adapt to the club. England may love him but it does not mean he can act at Spurs the way he acts at Chelsea. A mid-table club in rebuild mode isn't a club that's been in the top 3 for years.

I have a lot of affection for Mourinho and think his heart is in the right place...but there is a bit of an inner-turmoil and struggle for him post-Inter...and it just doesn't seem like something he has really come to terms with or that he has been able to address properly.

I have a feeling that Conte at Roma with just 2-3 solid purchases (maybe less) would be a team fighting at the top. The main potential problem for Conte (and Mourinho faces this too) is the possibility of a mutiny when players don't like tough work. Most of the boys at Roma seem like they can work and aren't primadonnas though...but then again, no one knew Hazard was what he was before he staged his ConteOut performance.

Reactions: humanTORCH

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
I think we have discussed Mourinho plenty, time to revert back OT.

**** juve.

:D

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Thank you Chelsea

Damn I need to watch a replay of that destruction (was watching Barca-Benfica instead)

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Smile Shirt Photograph Facial expression Muscle

Fourmidable... I like that :)

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Biggest defeat for juve in London since Fulham 4-1 juve in 09-10 EL

First time they concede 4 in Europe since the memorable Cardiff final I believe

·
Registered
19,267 Posts
Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
67,321 Posts
Photograph Product Gesture Font Screenshot

Ah I remember this game, the famous hush celebration from Totti, Cassano breaking the corner flag after scoring...even Dacourt scored. Totti-Cassano were at the height of their powers back then.

3601 - 3620 of 3660 Posts