Xtratime Community banner

Out of mercy, should we lock this thread?

3481 - 3500 of 3567 Posts

·
Registered
65,818 Posts
Happy anniversary juve 🥳

And there is another anniversary in 3 days time lol.

·
Registered
65,818 Posts
CALVARESE QUITS AS SERIE A REFEREE
Gianpaolo Calvarese

Gianpaolo Calvarese has resigned from his role as a Serie A and Serie B referee for the 2021-22 season, reportedly due to a conflict of interest.

The 45-year-old was in the final year of his tenure anyway, as he was reaching the age limit for officials in the Italian league.

According to Sky Sport Italia, Calvarese tended his resignation today, citing work commitments that would make it very difficult to continue his refereeing career.

That’s because his family recently launched a company selling natural vitamin integrators, and among their clients there could also be Serie A and B clubs.

This creates a conflict of interest that cannot be resolved.

Calvarese officiated the 2019-20 Italian Supercup clash between Lazio and Juventus, won 3-1 by the Biancocelesti.
He had been bitterly criticised in the media after overseeing Juve’s 3-2 win over Torino in May 2021, which will now go down as his final match.

The first of 157 Serie A matches that Calvarese officiated was in 2012.
This is another blow for Italian referees, as Federico La Penna and Fabrizio Pasqua were suspended last week for falsifying their expense forms.
Their bans are for 13 and 16 months respectively, pending an appeal.

---

FI fecked up, it was juve v Inter, not Torino.

Anyhow must be a mere coincidence that his family starts a business and he quits after that match :lala:

@ToniSamp

·
Registered
48,145 Posts
His career as a referee had reached an end anyway. Too much attention on it. His score with Juventus is impressive, 15-1-1, and the last performance was awful, but Juventus lost a Supercup because of that one defeat in his score. I have seen worse Italian referees from every point of view I look at it. And the worse I refer too have not chosen to leave the job but remained inside after retiring.

·
Registered
65,818 Posts
From rubentuz:

Bid for Barella and Bastoni pls. Even if next Summer, I'd love to have these two.
---

Lol, may be when you finally buy Locatelli from mighty Sassuolo first, been what 2 months of negotiations?

·
Registered
47,516 Posts
Barella connected midfield to attack well, he was given freedom because of Jorginho and Locatelli controlling the midfield. juve will be lucky if they get Locatelli.
Lol, may be when you finally buy Locatelli from mighty Sassuolo first, been what 2 months of negotiations?
Bro, why'd you have to tempt fate?

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
65,818 Posts
Was always going to happen, I was mocking the fact it took too long because clearly juve have no money. Hilarious how Sassuolo eventually bent over and accepted 2 years of getting no money though... obviously when the daughter of the ceo of Sassuolo works for juve it makes such favourable conditions possible.

·
Registered
65,818 Posts
So I was checking out juventuz for funny reactions on CR7 asking not to start in Udine (lol), and some moron there is claiming that Genoa don't play seriously against Inter because we have beaten them heavily in recent seasons. I didn’t know that an Inter home win against Genoa would burn their asses. That Scudetto of last season really annoyed them gobbi.

Genoa get fucked by Inter every season, it's beyond a joke
Inter 5-0 Genoa
Genoa 0-4 Inter
Genoa 0-3 Inter
Genoa 0-2 Inter
Inter 3-0 Genoa
Inter 4-0 Genoa

Last 6 games. Meanwhile some mouthbreather on FIF will have an eppy because we signed a player from Sassuolo. I wonder how much Preziosi owes Moratti over the years with those weird deals
---

To begin with, the results are listed incorrectly as Inter 4-0 Genoa from 19-20 isn't there. At least when you try to build a 'case' get your facts right.

4 of those wins against Genoa were under Conte when Inter was the best team in the league (including 19-20 which was a title juve stole from us thanks to refs), while Genoa are a relegation battler.

Secondly, someone tell this imbecile that Inter went SIX full seasons without beating Genoa in Genoa. From 12-13 til 17-18. What a shitty deal for us, seeing as we lost to Genoa 5 times.. ;)

Thirdly, Inter failed to beat Genoa in Milano twice in 08-09 and 09-10. So they don't lose 'every season' like that clueless moron claims.

Lastly, can someone inform him that Moratti sold the club in 2013, because it seems he still thinks Moratti owns the club and does deals with Preziosi til now lolf

As for deals with Preziosi, we didn’t get Milito and Motta on a 2 year free loan ;)

Preziosi's daughter wasn't working for Inter either ;)

·
Registered
65,818 Posts
So Pirlol's juve won in Udine a few months ago while Allegri choked a 2 goal lead today 🤣 good start juve, -2 on the Champions.

·
Registered
9,018 Posts
Ronaldo publicly shitting on Juve is just amazing. Don't know if its a good thing or bad thing him leaving Juve. Might’ve been better if we had a disgruntled Ronaldo in the squad.

·
Registered
65,818 Posts
If CR does join City I hope he leads them to the CL next season. :)

·
Registered
18,271 Posts
Ronaldo publicly shitting on Juve is just amazing. Don't know if its a good thing or bad thing him leaving Juve. Might’ve been better if we had a disgruntled Ronaldo in the squad.
it's for sure a good thing for Juve. he was so clearly a distraction for the team and they can finally move on

·
Registered
65,818 Posts
Chiesa, Dybala, Morata and Icardi/Kean would still score a lot though for juve.

·
Registered
18,758 Posts
It's a good thing for Juve in the long run.

Ronaldo did cause us a lot of problems but now Juve can finally move on and give Dybala, Morata and Chiesa the freedom they need to create and score without Ronaldo hogging the ball constantly.

·
Registered
65,818 Posts
In any case, signing Ronaldo for over 100million and giving him 30million a year with the aim of finally winning the CL, only to be eliminated by Ajax, Lyon and Porto, is highly laughable.

Reactions: ToniSamp
3481 - 3500 of 3567 Posts