Xtratime Community banner

Out of mercy, should we lock this thread?

3421 - 3440 of 3450 Posts

·
Banned
340 Posts
I watched it many times, especially the footage from the front, where it's blatantly clear that it's a penalty.

Chiesa did drag his leg abit into into the falling body, but that doesn't change the fact that the benevento player is directly falling into chiesas path and there is no way chiesa can avoid making contact with as the benevento player's right arm and upper body pretty much falls directly onto chiesas feet, despite chiesa is actually changing his movement abit to the right at the time of the fall.

It's a crystal clear penalty. If this was allowed, we would see players jumping with arms flaring left and right to block players.

If this has had happened to an inter player, then im pretty sure you would say it's an obvious penalty as well.

·
Registered
46,531 Posts
Nah...this is what Xtratime is about, different teams under one roof. Easier for banter
That's true. On the other hand, we don't have so many members and the ones who are left have grown older together so the banter isn't what it used to be, lol.

Most of the XT football banter over the last couple of years has actually been between @red and @Nerazzurri4life

·
Registered
63,884 Posts
I remember my fights with pavnedved, dp, CDM... and Gameove12. They all disappeared though.

·
Registered
63,884 Posts
I watched it many times, especially the footage from the front, where it's blatantly clear that it's a penalty.

Chiesa did drag his leg abit into into the falling body, but that doesn't change the fact that the benevento player is directly falling into chiesas path and there is no way chiesa can avoid making contact with as the benevento player's right arm and upper body pretty much falls directly onto chiesas feet, despite chiesa is actually changing his movement abit to the right at the time of the fall.

It's a crystal clear penalty. If this was allowed, we would see players jumping with arms flaring left and right to block players.

If this has had happened to an inter player, then im pretty sure you would say it's an obvious penalty as well.
The defender's arms were hardly stretched and one of them was even bent under his body. Moreover it's a natural fall/loss of balance, I don't see anything to suggest that the defender fell intentionally. The clearly intended action is Chiesa dragging/bending his left leg towards the body of the Benevento player, hence it's a dive. Anyhow let's agree to disagree, but there's no doubting that Chiesa is a diver since his Fiorentina days. He didn't become a diver just now.

·
Registered
63,884 Posts
juve just lost at home to Benevento, 10 points behind Conte's Inter currently.

Tuttocrap:

Could Conte quit Inter for Premier League?
Football Italia
9 Hours Ago

Tuttosport claim Antonio Conte could leave Inter in the summer if they cannot guarantee new signings, with Manchester United and Tottenham the most likely options.

The Nerazzurri are currently six points clear at the top of the Serie A table with a game in hand over their city rivals Milan.

However, they also crashed out of the Champions League in the first round, finishing bottom of the group.

Conte has repeatedly made snide comments about the lack of investment and being forced to make do with what he has in the squad, finding new roles for Christian Eriksen and Ivan Perisic.

Considering club owners Suning have liquidity issues and are in advanced negotiations to sell all or part of the Serie A side, it is likely to be another quiet summer on the transfer front.

Tuttosport argue that would prompt Conte to walk away, as after all that is precisely what happened at Juventus after winning the Scudetto in 2014.

Conte has a contract worth €12m per season at Inter and no other Italian club would pay that sum, so a return to the Premier League is a more feasible solution for the former Chelsea boss.

The only sides open to a new coach at that level would be Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur, who are stuttering under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Jose Mourinho.

---

Sure, Conte may go back to England, but I very much doubt he is on the phone with Man U or Spurs when he is obviously focused on Inter currently. So it's an invented shit story published in a suspicious timing.

·
Registered
9,041 Posts
That's true. On the other hand, we don't have so many members and the ones who are left have grown older together so the banter isn't what it used to be, lol.

Most of the XT football banter over the last couple of years has actually been between @red and @Nerazzurri4life

indeed we have grown old just by looking at the registered date :LOL:
This place is on a slow death. We are seeing it in Juve forum assuming the posters are very very old there :whistle:

·
Registered
63,884 Posts
Lichtsteiner: 'Inter understood that to win, they had to buy Juventini'

Football Italia

Former Juventus full-back Stephan Lichtsteiner congratulated Inter for ‘understanding that to win, they had to buy Juventini’.

---

I will reply to what Lichsteiner said with a number of pictures in separate posts, no need to caption them as they are self explanatory

Starting with:

·
Registered
63,884 Posts

If I recall correctly the unawarded Pellissier goal in Chievo v juve was in 04-05. @ToniSamp

A season full of thefts.. then calciopoli happened.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
17,840 Posts
I don't see Juventus fans losing their shit over this Ronaldo story. He is so surely out of the team this summer that I don't think there is any love left between Juve and CR7.

·
Registered
63,884 Posts
I didn't read the reaction of juve fans to that Serbia v Portugal CR goal but my brother did send me a picture of the non-goal on WhatsApp and captioned it with an Egyptian slang word which effectively translates to 'refereeing scandal'

·
Registered
47,287 Posts
I don't think the supporters of Juventus have at heart the Portuguese NT tbh even if I'm not so sure that CR7 will be elsewhere after the summer. I hope he remains at Juventus because it is as if I bought a Ferrari.

·
Registered
63,884 Posts
No I hope he leaves without winning the CL there.

·
Registered
47,287 Posts

Juve, party at McKennie's house with Arthur and Dybala.The carabinieri intervene

A dinner for over 20 people, with Dybala, Arthur and other Juventus players among the guests, who would have left the house before the arrival of the carabinieri around 11.30 pm. The Arma soldiers, probably warned by some neighbors, fined those present - around ten in all - for violating anti-Covid regulations.

At the party, as mentioned, the Juventus players were present with their girlfriends and families. All this after the curfew time and with the police who would have struggled to get the entrance gate open, so much so as to risk resistance from public to official. And once they entered, they could not have done anything but find that they were in the middle of a party, not allowed in this period of Covid emergency.

(sorry for lazy google translation)

3421 - 3440 of 3450 Posts