Xtratime Community banner

Out of mercy, should we lock this thread?

3301 - 3320 of 3330 Posts

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
Fiorentina President Rocco Commisso was afraid the ‘referee would give Juventus a gift’ and mocked Pavel Nedved, while he’s not surprised Federico Chiesa was given rough treatment.

It was not a good 2020 for the Viola, but it did end on a high with the shock 3-0 victory away to old rivals Juventus.

“I watched the game with my wife and I was scared until the third goal, because I knew that sooner or later the referee could give Juve a gift,” Commisso told Radio Bruno in a very lengthy interview.

“I saw the blondie (referencing Pavel Nedved), who last year told me to drink a nice cup of tea. Well, I hope he had a chamomile tea, seeing as he was so agitated in the stands.

“I saw the determination that I wanted. Everyone was together in the team and gave their all.”

Fiorentina players showed little mercy to their former teammate Chiesa, who was on the end of some rough treatment, and Commisso is not surprised.

“Perhaps they wanted to defend the club and their President. When a player walks out the way he did, well… I can only advise people not to burn their bridges and try to remain humble, but that’s not what he did.”

---

That quote about Nedved is great 😀

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
Quality material. I hate Nedved and Chiesa is becoming an all-time whiner for sure. Not sure how it will be cheering for the Italian NT at the Euros :D

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
I only support the Egyptian NT and Inter players in their NTs. Curiously camel, are you a neutral when it comes to Serie A clubs?

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
Grazie Napoli. :)

This is an old video but I like that song

Reactions: camelface

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
Mastrangelo trolling Morata exceptionally there :D

·
Registered
17,668 Posts
Some idiots happy that Juve lost tonight.

We need them to go deep in this competition so that they tire and struggle in Serie A.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
juve aren't exactly out, 2-1 is a small margin. Chiesa's goal most probably keeps them in the CL.

Tbh I would never root for juve especially in CL, the one trophy they would kill to win. They didn't buy Higuain for 90mill, Cristiano for 100mill and De Ligt for 80mill to win Serie A.

We have a decent enough gap over them, if we do our job (win matches) then whatever juve do in Serie A is irrelevant.

Not forgetting that juve lost and drew matches in Serie A without having CL worries (Mickey mouse CL group then no CL football since December)

There was no CL when they lost to Inter and Napoli

So the way I see it is this, I support Porto but if juve as expected qualify, the silver lining will be them having a couple of quarter final matches to worry about.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
juve will still qualify but that is hilarious

:D

·
Registered
46,989 Posts
Tbh I would never root for juve especially in CL, the one trophy they would kill to win. They didn't buy Higuain for 90mill, Cristiano for 100mill and De Ligt for 80mill to win Serie A.
1000 scudetti do not make 1 CL for them. I understand the Interista who prefers them to be busy, but I prefer them to be out of the CL as soon as possible (which also means without crucial incomes, do not forget!). Too bad that Porto isn't really the kind of opponent I expect to come out of Juventus stadium with a draw.

·
Registered
24,411 Posts
It's a win/win for me.
Some idiots happy that Juve lost tonight.

We need them to go deep in this competition so that they tire and struggle in Serie A.
On the positive side this result means they can't cruise to the next round.

It's a win/win in my opinion. If Juve advance, which they are still favorites to do, they get more games distracting them from Serie A and fatiguing them. If they go crashing out? Well, I'm not going to shed any tears in that scenario either.

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
1000 scudetti do not make 1 CL for them. I understand the Interista who prefers them to be busy, but I prefer them to be out of the CL as soon as possible (which also means without crucial incomes, do not forget!). Too bad that Porto isn't really the kind of opponent I expect to come out of Juventus stadium with a draw.
I hope juve wins... 3-2. ;)

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
It's a win/win for me.

On the positive side this result means they can't cruise to the next round.

It's a win/win in my opinion. If Juve advance, which they are still favorites to do, they get more games distracting them from Serie A and fatiguing them. If they go crashing out? Well, I'm not going to shed any tears in that scenario either.
Btw they have Lazio right before Porto so can't really rotate before Porto, that is good. If they had say Crotone before Porto they would have rested half of the team or so.

Btw Porto are 10 points behind Sporting so they are hardly in some amazing form.

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
Wow...juve forum seems dead.
Just because both the milanese clubs are top???

·
Registered
63,304 Posts
It was more lively than that when juve were in B so I don't think it's purely based on results, although dpforever does disappear usually in bad results recently. Still, if Nero, Osman and Andrey bother it's enough to make it semi active at least. My brother still watches and follows juve but less time to post on forums due to having a kid etc..

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
It was more lively than that when juve were in B so I don't think it's purely based on results, although dpforever does disappear usually in bad results recently. Still, if Nero, Osman and Andrey bother it's enough to make it semi active at least. My brother still watches and follows juve but less time to post on forums due to having a kid etc..
Hasn't your bro been off this forum for around a decade?

3301 - 3320 of 3330 Posts