Xtratime Community banner

Out of mercy, should we lock this thread?

• Total voters
3061 - 3080 of 3093 Posts

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Grande Matteo

Took his pen like a boss, beat buffon then shut up the gobbi, Totti style (back in Roma 4-0 juve)

No TRIPLETE for you, juve.

Continua a sognare.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,435 Posts
Congrats to Napoli! Impressive win considering they had a day less to recuperate from the semi-final.

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Haha what an awful game of football.

There is a show on BBC on Sundays called "Antiques Roadshow" where pensioners find old trinkets in their attics and bring them to a field in rural England for antique experts to inspect and value.

That show is 100 times more exciting than the Corona Coppa Italia final.

Fell asleep several times. Jesus that was bad....

I don't think I can take 9 more months of empty stadiums or whatever the plan is...

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
I didn't think the game was awful, Napoli played well, much better than they played against us, and created 5-6 chances, including hitting the post a couple of times and forcing Buffon to make 3 decent saves.

Not too fussed with empty stadia, I tend to watch most games muted anyhow to focus more. Plus I believe big leagues are doing them fan sound effects to make it seem fans are attending.

Would have been a travesty had juve won the shootout having failed to score in their last 180 minutes in Coppa Italia.

·
Registered
44,712 Posts
Antiques Roadshow, lol. I sometimes watched it for a bit. That show's been around for yonks.

The roughest times are when the appraiser gets the guests all excited by telling them their items are worth a lot more than they thought...then it turns out to be an additional 75 quid.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
I was so confident that this season would be negative for them that I had forgotten the chance that they could win the Triplete completely!

L'anno prossimo, dai!
Unfortunately juve will demolish a Lyon side without any competitive action in months, but no Treble is great nevertheless.

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Nice jinx.

·
Greta joke sharer
23,435 Posts
Antiques Roadshow, lol. I sometimes watched it for a bit. That show's been around for yonks.

The roughest times are when the appraiser gets the guests all excited by telling them their items are worth a lot more than they thought...then it turns out to be an additional 75 quid.
The best is when the experts rant on and on about how fantastic an item is and you can see the owner's hopes of scoring a small fortune building up. Only for the expert to pull a good ol' switcheroo on them in the last second and tell them that "you have a real gem here, in monetary value it's unfortunately worth just 30 bucks, but the historical value is priceless". Followed by a look of intense disappointment on the face of the owner who probably tossed the item in the garbage bin on the way out.

Reactions: Zico 10

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
For a seemingly bad/boring show, it looks like you guys like it and follow it closely :D

·
Registered
44,712 Posts
You turn on the TV, see that Antiques Roadshow is on...you immediately think of changing the channel or doing something else. But just then you see this fogey holding onto a precious trinket and a snarky fella telling them he knows all about it and how much it's really worth. So you're like "wonder where this is going"...and BAM, you're hooked for the segment. At the end though, you wonder why you wasted your time and don't think of watching it again...until the next time you turn on the TV and see that Antiques Roadshow is on...

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Mastrangelo :D

(Translated from Italian)

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Sister: 'Ronaldo can't do it all himself'
Football Italia

Cristiano Ronaldo’s sister hit out at Juventus after their Coppa Italia defeat to Napoli. ‘He can’t work miracles and do it all by himself.’

The Bianconeri were held to a 0-0 draw last night in Rome, largely thanks to Gigi Buffon heroics in goal, then lost the penalty shoot-out 4-2 before CR7 even got a chance to step up to the spot.

“What more can you do?” wrote Ronaldo’s sister Elma on Instagram.

“That’s all there is, my darling can’t work miracles and do it all by himself… I don’t understand how they can play like this…

“Anyway, keep your chin up, but you can’t do it all, my King.”

Having also lost the Italian Supercup to Lazio in December, 3-1 on the night, this is the first time in his club career that Ronaldo has suffered two consecutive Cup Final defeats.

---

Ronaldo's sis realizing that playing with Modric, Kroos, Carvajal, Marcelo, Isco, Asensio etc. is easier :)

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
Politano hit back at Juventus bench
Football Italia

Matteo Politano’s agent explains his gesture during the Coppa Italia Final was aimed at ‘someone on the Juventus bench who was trying to put him off’ his Napoli penalty.

The Partenopei won the shoot-out by converting all four of their penalties last night, whereas Paulo Dybala’s was saved and Danilo blasted over the bar.

After his spot-kick, Politano was seen putting his finger to his lips in a ‘shush’ motion towards the Juventus bench.

“It was aimed at someone on the Juventus bench who was trying to put him off and make him miss the penalty,” agent Davide Lippi told Radio Kiss Kiss.

“They were making noises and trying to put him off his stride. Matteo is an important player, but it’s never easy to move mid-season, which is why I say we haven’t seen the real Politano at Napoli yet. I know what he’s capable of.

“I am very happy for Gennaro Gattuso and the city of Naples after this triumph. Gattuso had already wanted Politano when he was coach of Milan.”

·
Registered
15,805 Posts
Hahaha

I had no idea Swedes and Singaporeans watch Antiques Roadshow....

WTF....

Definitely better than watching Juventus

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
58,505 Posts
3061 - 3080 of 3093 Posts