Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished watching the two seasons and the Christmas special. My god this is a good show.

Anyone know if there are anymore in production?

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
A great show, I have both series on DVD, and especially the second xmas special.

You can buy his stand up named Animals if you like Brenty so much. :cool::D!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Too bad there won't be anymore. It was excellent.

David Brent was hilarious, but as the shows progressed the sorry spectacle he made of himself became painful to watch, but still funny. Stroke of genius to lighten the whole mood with the tenderness between Chris and Dawn.

If there are not to be any more shows, I hope these guys don't rest on their laurels, but move on to another project soon.

Btw, has everyone seen the "making of" documentary special? It gives great insight into the method behind the madness and there are some good laughs as well. If you have not seen this, it's available on Kazaa. That's where I got it.

·
International
9,526 Posts
I find it excruciating but highly addictive....by the way Tinto, there is a huge debate on the BBC website around the assertion that Americans haven't generally been able to understand irony so how is that they are enjoying The Office. What do you think about that one?;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Ricky Gervais picked up a Golden globe for it yesterday,in his acceptance speech he said "I'm not from round these parts,i'm from a little place called England" big pause "we used to run the world before you" :D

I've seen Animals,it is him doing standup at the Bloomsbury theatre,it's decent but not great.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Americans haven't generally been able to understand irony so how is that they are enjoying The Office. What do you think about that one?
It's the same principle behind Brits knowing how to enjoy good food, even though they don't know how to cook it. ;)

·
International
9,526 Posts
Tinto said:
It's the same principle behind Brits knowing how to enjoy good food, even though they don't know how to cook it. ;)
:howler: I shall have to remember that one...whilst I'm scoffing me cavier butty.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Tinto said:
Whats wrong with Corn Beef Hash?!

[EDIT: Didn't realise this was so old! Sorry to drag it up. Still, the Xmas special was on recently, I found it was great! UKG2 have been repeating the first series too. I've never seen it, but the part where Tim puts Gareth's stapler in Jelly is hilarious!]

~ The Green :Dne

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
nearly every episode had me in tears, some of the funniest shit ever. Good to know England makes good comedy, The Office, Ali G, Trigger Happy, all worth watching when they're on.

·
Registered
522 Posts
personally, i've always considered british sitcoms superior to american sitcoms.. Fawlty Towers remains one of my all-time fave... Plus, i've never liked that annoying "laugh tracks" (i'm not sure what it's actually called) apparent in most american sitcoms... it's like they're telling the viewers "when" to laugh in the show, even if it is isn't funny at all...

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,874 Posts
Pablo said:
nearly every episode had me in tears, some of the funniest shit ever. Good to know England makes good comedy, The Office, Ali G, Trigger Happy, all worth watching when they're on.
well i really enjoy Coupling. BTW absolutely faboulous was crap.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Dharurat said:
personally, i've always considered british sitcoms superior to american sitcoms.. Fawlty Towers remains one of my all-time fave... Plus, i've never liked that annoying "laugh tracks" (i'm not sure what it's actually called) apparent in most american sitcoms... it's like they're telling the viewers "when" to laugh in the show, even if it is isn't funny at all...
Yeah I never got why they do that to their sitcoms... :confused: :undecide:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts