• No, but i might jump onto the track if it gets exciting enough

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congratulations, you have survived yet another year to play yet another season of F1PL, and with the launch of the new F1PL season to co-incite with the launch of the new F1 season at the Bahrain GP in a couple of weeks time(March the 12th), so its only right that we get the ball rolling and setup the F1PL so it'll be up & running sooner rather than later.

Anyhow, let’s get down to business, this season’s point system will be the same as last season’s point system, but since the FIA has decided to change the qualifying format this season yet again, there might be a couple of things which might need to be ironed out, in any case here’s last season’s rules & regulation:

Now for those who have memory lose problems or are new F1PL, here's the load-down as to how it works:
F1PL - stands for Formula 1 Prediction League
The goal - to predict the pole position & the top 8 finishers
The Prediction - your predictions have to be post in a F1PL thread, before the 1st qualifying session, or u will incur a 40% points deduction from the points score that round
"the point system"- 3pts for correct pole position,
3pts for correct highest scoring constructor/team
10pts for correct 1st place,
8pts for correct 2nd place
6pts for correct 3rd place
5pts for correct 4th place
4pts for correct 5th place
3pts for correct 6th place
2pts for correct 7th place
1pt for correct 8th place
1pt for every correct top 8 driver which is in the incorrect place
= hence giving u a maximum score of 45pts per round

example of a prediction:
1. Montoya
2. Webber
3. M. Schumacher
4. Trulli
5. Masse
6. R. Schumacher
7. Heidfeld
8. Button
PP(pole position) – Montoya
HSC(highest scoring constructor - McLaren
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Depending on how many people we get this season, we'll have teams again, with a maximum of 3 players per team. In terms of choosing your team, its 1st in 1st serve, with last year's players given priority picks.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
You can't kickstart the 2006 F1PL without the defending champion participating :stuckup: :D

I'm in, representing Team McLaren-Mercedes :cool:

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ilgenio said:
You can't kickstart the 2006 F1PL without the defending champion participating :stuckup: :D
bah..... last year's competition was rigged i tell ya:irritate:

welcome to the F1PL Casillas, the F1PL is a very simple game, easy to learn and hopefully also fun to play, btw pick your team, or if u want i can designate a team for ya

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Alarich said:
bah..... last year's competition was rigged i tell ya:irritate:
Bwahahahaaaa...... :howler:
You were still in the lead after the 2nd last race of the season in Suzuka only to be cursed with Raikkonen's luck in the final race in Shanghai :sweeteye:

I maybe the only driver in XT's F1PL to win the driver's championship with just ONE race win the entire season :eekani: :proud: :eekani:

Alarich said:
welcome to the F1PL Casillas, the F1PL is a very simple game, easy to learn and hopefully also fun to play, btw pick your team, or if u want i can designate a team for ya
Casillas will join Team Raikkonen :sweeteye:
On a 2nd thought, I'll probably not join Team McLaren-Mercedes, but the same team which delpi_vanni_10 joins :angel:

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
ilgenio said:
Casillas will join Team Raikkonen :sweeteye:
Eh? GOt Team Raikkonen? :horny:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Yo can someone link me to some nice videos of F1...like cool ones...like the ones they show in the commercials for F1 on ESPN Asia....

Thanks.

by the way I'm in too.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Al Capone said:
Yo can someone link me to some nice videos of F1...like cool ones...like the ones they show in the commercials for F1 on ESPN Asia....
i think Lista posted a pretty spectacular F1 crash somewhere in here a while back

-----------------------------------------------------------------
btw, when do you guys want the deadline for posting predictions to be?
-before the Saturday or
-before the actual qualifying sesion begins

also, how does everyone feel about the current point system with a max score of 45pts, does it need more tweaking with, because i've got an ingenious way of lowering the max points score each round, providing of course u're not quite happy with the current point system

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Before the qualifying session begins IMO, if it's before Saturday it sometimes becomes a pain to get them after having a look at practice times with time-zone difference and whatnot.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
My choice is ditto khimik, dateline before the actual qualifying starts, at least there is time for tinkering if some Mercedes engine blows up in the practice sessions :fero: :scared: :fero:

Al
Keep the scoring as it is, since a part of the point scoring system was in a way my brainchild :D

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
ilgenio said:
My choice is ditto khimik, dateline before the actual qualifying starts, at least there is time for tinkering if some Mercedes engine blows up in the practice sessions :fero: :scared: :fero:
:scared: And what if it blows up during the qualifying?

Well, before qualifying is the best so that people cannot cheat after seeing the lousy qualifying of some drivers...

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
F1PL Team Selection

Teams to chose from(max. of 3 players per team):

BMW Sauber: Vacant
Ferrari : Vacant
Honda : Alarich
McLaren: Casillas, Sir Leonardo
Midland : Vacant
Red Bull: Vacant
Renault : Vacant
Super Aguri F1: Vacant
Toro Rosso: Vacant
Toyota: Vacant
Williams: Vacant

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'm new at this at up for joining in this yr. I'd like Mclaren as my team iif theres still space.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Ignore. Apparently my tired brains are not working. I thought Terak was Ilgenio in disguise because of the similarity in their .... Custom rank. lOl. I'm too tired. I must go to sleep.

And, I was saying, if need be, please don't let me this newbie occupy the place of the old birds. It's too unfair to deprive them of their rightful places.

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Al

If you looked at my first post, I wanted to represent McLaren. But if the spot is taken then I can represent another team :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts