Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1611 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's been many off topic discussion going on in here, not that that is 100% behind the reason to create this thread. We've had a few here before. It's good to get away from football sometimes. If you want to do that, just discuss anything in here, whether it be with Australia, the world etc. Who's gonna open up? :D No flaming.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
So ... what are we all doing for ANZAC Day, if anything at all? I'm going to just be hanging around with some of my friends, and am going to an SANFL game with them.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Well my grandfather turns 82 on the day so and he has just come out of hospital after 3 months so we will be there I guess.

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
I've having family and freinds over for a good old barbie, some beer and fat arse cigars.. long live the diggers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He had lung cancer and a host of other various problems but he beat them all

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
khimik said:
So ... what are we all doing for ANZAC Day, if anything at all? I'm going to just be hanging around with some of my friends, and am going to an SANFL game with them.

Bit late I know, sae a bit of collingwood-essendon, then South's horror last 10 mins. As for the "tourists" who went to Gallipoli , pathetic. That's all I can say, no respect for their own history whatsoever. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
King Italy said:
He had lung cancer and a host of other various problems but he beat them all

That's great to hear hope he's kicking on. :)

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Evil 37 said:
Bit late I know, sae a bit of collingwood-essendon, then South's horror last 10 mins. As for the "tourists" who went to Gallipoli , pathetic. That's all I can say, no respect for their own history whatsoever. :rolleyes:
Yeah, mate, that definitely was a disgrace. I couldn't believe those people would leave that much rubbish lying around - I felt offended by it, and i'm not even Australian!

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Supposed to be finishing off a University assignment but instead am giving a very solid argument to someone as to why cricket isn't a sport on MSN.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Cricket is a sport.

Sport.

Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
A particular form of this activity.
An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
An active pastime; recreation.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=sport

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Not a real one. Cricket is for toffs and chavs, and anything that takes five days to do and you can't even get a winner out of it is not a sport.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Dont take up debating.

khimik said:
Not a real one.
Of course its a real one. One of the grandest and most tradition in history.

Cricket is for toffs and chavs
2 words; Bay 13

and anything that takes five days to do
Tour De France?

and you can't even get a winner out of it
*cough* soccer scoreline; 0-0 *cough*

is not a sport.
Cricket = sport

Sport.

Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
A particular form of this activity.
An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
An active pastime; recreation.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Dont take up debating.
I'd debate with anyone but you, since 'debating' with you is like a entering into a NASCAR race. As for the rest of your 'post', it was complete rubbish and even at 12:36am, I can find something better to do than read through your usual bollocky diatribe.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
khimik said:
I'd debate with anyone but you,.
Its an enduring quality to know when ones beat.

since 'debating' with you is like a entering into a NASCAR race.
In every sence of the anology.

As for the rest of your 'post', it was complete rubbish and even at 12:36am, I can find something better to do than read through your usual bollocky diatribe
No, not really. You have argued cricket is not a sport based on;

- its for the upper class
- the longer form is played over several days
- draws occer.

When in actully fact its loved by about a 3rd of the world, mostly lower class in the poor countires in the world (India, Pakistain, Bangladesh).

Yes, test matches are played over several times. Similar to several sports such as car and bike racing.

Its commical somone with a love of soccer bags other sports for having draws.

:kiss:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
King Italy said:
Any special plans for anybody this week?
Got my brother down from London for the week so I'll be pissfarting around with him a bit. :drunk:

Not a real one. Cricket is for toffs and chavs,
...and bogans! And yes cricket sucks!!!!! :yuck:

1 - 20 of 1611 Posts