Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Ćevapčići kid;7684200 said:
Budan to this day has still not had a fair go in the 11....
He's finished IMO, he should have been given a chance a few years ago when he was in good form with Parma. Now hes either injured or playing 20-30 mins coming off the bench, that IMO doesn't deserve a NT call up.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Ćevapčići kid;7684388 said:
IMO ATM;

1;Eduardo
2;Kalinic
3;Bilic
4:Klasnic
5;Olic
6;Budan
7;Mandzukic
Right now and IMO:

1)Eduardo
2)Petric
3)Bilic
4)Klasnic
5)Budan
6)Kalinc
7)Jelavic
8)Olic
9)Mandzukic

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
1) Eduardo
2) Petric
3) Kalinic
4) Klasnic
5) Budan
7) Jelavic
8) Mandzukic
9) Olic
10) Me
11) Bilic

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Inspired by CK :righton:

Since we all seem to have different opinions on the current CF situation and the hierarchy within the NT, I though it would be good to start a new thread to discuss.

I will start it off with some who already had their say on the issue :D

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
For my liking we have too many optins upfront. Dudu is the untouchable there when not injured.

Mandžukić will be raising up the bar very fast and overtaking most when he finds a new club and gets back to playing football the way he did prior to his rut in form and "motivation"

But they all need to be tested and we MUST stick with what works!

1) Eduardo
2) Petric
3) Bilic
4) Olic
5) Klasnic
7) Kalinic
8) Mandzukic
9) Budan
10) Jelavic

·
Registered
69,251 Posts
1. Eduardo
2. Klasnic
3. Petric
4. Budan
5. Bilic
6. Mandzukic
7. Kalinic
8. Jelavic
9. Me (waiting anxiously for Dinamo to open a camp here, if I can't make it as a player I can at least make it on the board of directors, I will be a perfect compliment for Mamic)
10. Ivica Olic

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
1. Eduardo
2. Bilic
3. one from Klasnic, Petric or Budan
4. one from Manza or Kalinic
5. Olic
6. Jelavic, if need 6 strikers.

·
Registered
21,992 Posts
I see some love here for Petric.

Question though on him, even if you forget how often he is injured, what exactly has he done for our NT? Isn't he another guy who does better for club than country?

Basically, I think we need our fingers crossed that Eduardo is fit...there is a big drop off in production from him to any other option.:scared:

PS I'd take Olic over Petric all the time.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
^ if Eduardo is injured, I would start MBilic and Klasnic. I get the sense that those two would work well in tandem. Klasnic knows how to play off a good set-up guy and MBilic showed he can play the hold-up role well against a physical backline. Put those two in with a 4-4-2 featuring a diamond-shaped mid and I think we'd have some good chances up front.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
I see some love here for Mate Bilic. How often did you guys see him play? 3-4 times? He only had one good season.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I see some love here for Mate Bilic. How often did you guys see him play? 3-4 times? He only had one good season.

He's better than Olic, Petric and Klasnic combined in playing a hold-up role. Jury still out on Kalinic and Mandza in that role, and apart from Budan, I don't see any other choices that give us the option of a true CF in attack. Don't want to waste Eduardo in that role and we really need different points of attack to prevent what happened last go-round. Bilic showed more in his 67m or so that the 1st three named above have shown in 4+ years at holding the ball to allow our attack to transition forward.

I know from watching Gijon play that he's not asked to do that role there, but Bilic fits in well with a variety of offensive situations.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
lol Petric is just our most complete striker and one of the best in Germany. It's annoying that he's injured so often.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Scored the winner against England in Wembley a few years back maybe?

Maybe not.

Eduardo seems to get more opportunities when either Petric or Klasnic are playing alongside him rather then Olic who seems to fcuk everything up. That my opinion anyway.

Other then that, the number 2 is up for grabs, we need someone to really stand out before the qualifiers begin.

·
Registered
69,251 Posts
Eduardo is injured all the time as well....:lala:

I say Klasnic, he is scoring for a club which played long ball tactics up until 1-2 months ago. He doesn't have the same compliment of players surrounding him as Petric and Olic, and he is scoring in a tougher league overall.

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
Radman said:
He's better than Olic, Petric and Klasnic combined in playing a hold-up role.
There's no need to put these guys in that role when we have others who play or have played it at club level...if we want a hold-up striker it has to be Kalinić or Jelavić, or someone like Budan...

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
1. Dudu
2. Petric
3. Klasnic
4. Bilic
5. (tie) Kalinic/Mandzukic
6. Olic

we don't need anyone else right now.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
See this sort of critical analysis is exactly what Bilic should be doing. I honestly don't think its happening with him, otherwise we would've seen something more positive in the Belgium friendly instead of playing Olic again from the start:yuck::howler:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts