Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In here I'll post about the Norwegian cup.

I'll be back with all the results from the first round as soon as I dig them up :D

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are the results from the interesting teams that has played so far in the first round:

Ringsaker - Ham-Kam 0 - 8
Vindbjart - Bryne 1 - 3
Porsanger - Tromsø 1 - 7
Fjøra - Brann 0 - 3
Mosjøen - Bodø/Glimt 2 - 11
Velledalen og Ringen - Aalesund 0 - 6
FK Arendal - Start 1 - 3
Gossen - Molde 1 - 3
Grue - Lillestrøm 0 - 4
Lom - Sogndal 1 - 3
Skånland - Rosenborg 0 - 15
Torvastad - Viking 0 - 6
Ullern - Moss 0 - 5
Vang - Vålerenga 2 - 7
Åsane - Trane 6 - 0
Åssiden - Odd Grenland 0 - 9

Two tippeliga teams won't play untill later today:
Aurskog Finstadbru - Stabæk
Sparta - Lyn

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The referee in the match between Mosjøen and Bodø/Glimt lost count of how many goals were scored. For a while he thought the game ended 2-12, but later corrected it to 2-11. This slip-up has lead to him losing his referee-licence :)

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
snowqueen said:
Originally posted by Jinxter
Skånland - Rosenborg 0 - 15

snowqueen said:

poor guys:D
yeah, shame Rosenborg can't do the business these days and find the back of the net when it really counts :sigh: (i.e in the league and the CL)

Just a Q'n: How come all these big TL teams are entering the cup at such an early stage?. It seems a little unfair on all the small amateur teams. I thought they would not enter the TL teams and the better 1st division sides to later rounds (and i thought this was what they did in the past? :confused: ). If they did this in England f.ex then you might have ManU, Arsenal and co meeting a conference or non-league team in the first round...which would be interesting from a scoring point of view :excited:

Does your FA have some warped idea that having all these lopsided, high scoring games will bring more people to the games or something :crazy:. I reckon all it does is cause mathematically poor referees to lose their license :D :dielaugh:

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
This is something all Norwegians want Andreas. Skånland earned more money on this match, then they will the rest of the year, and the top league teams are shown to all sides of Norway. Some times there are even some big upsets..f.ex. like Strømsgodset almost losing to Borg this week. The Norwegian FA also don't start drawing the matches randomly before a few rounds from now, so no chance of the top teams meeting yet.

As for the conference teams in England Andreas, they are often better than the 3rd division teams, so I don't necessarily think we would see scoring records there.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And there's also some preliminary rounds to the Norwegian Cup before the first round... so the worst teams are already gone.

What most people really mind are the seeding in the cup.. That the best teams won't start playing eachother untill the fall like Orange mentioned.
It totally eliminated the chances of underdogs reaching the late stages, like they can do in the FA cup. It's a shame really. Would be fun to see some other teams reach the quarters sometimes. It's like pretty much the same 7 every year, with a random bad tippeliga team taking the 8th spot.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The second round of the cup will be played june 12th and 13th.

Alta - Skarp
Bodø/Glimt - Narvik
Brann - Hovding
Bryne - Vedavåg Karmøy
Byåsen Toppfot. - Verdal
Bærum - Ørn-Horten
Eidsvold TF - Vålerenga
Fana - Åsane Fotball
FF Lillehammer - Rosenborg
Fredrikstad - Hønefoss BK
Hammerfest - Lyn
Haugesund - Vard Haugesund
Jerv - Sandefjord Fotball
KIL Toppfotb. - Strømsgodset
Kjelsås - Start
Lyngdal - Odd Grenland
Lørenskog - Romerike Fotball
Molde - Træff
Moss - Østsiden
Nest-Sotra - Aalesund
Nybergsund - Ham-Kam
Pors Grenland - Oslo Øst
Ranheim - Stabæk
Sarpsborg FK - Lillestrøm
Skeid - Elverum
Sogndal - Jotun
Spjelkavik - Hødd
Strindheim - Raufoss
Tollnes - Mandalskameratene
Tromsdalen - Mo
Tromsø - Lofoten
Viking - Klepp

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Og slik endte det:

Alta - Skarp: 5 - 4

Bodø/Glimt - Narvik: 9 - 0

Brann - Hovding: 4 - 1

Bryne - Vedavåg Karmøy: 7 - 0

Byåsen Toppfot. - Verdal: 1 - 0

Bærum - Ørn-Horten: 2 - 1

Fana - Åsane Fotball: 4 - 2

FF Lillehammer - Rosenborg: 1 - 3

Hammerfest - Lyn: 0 - 9

Haugesund - Vard Haugesund: 5 - 0

Jerv - Sandefjord Fotball: 0 - 3

KIL Toppfotb. - Strømsgodset: 0 - 4

Kjelsås - Start: 2 - 3

Lyngdal - Odd Grenland: 1 - 4

Lørenskog - Romerike Fotball: 4 - 2

Molde - Træff: 7 - 0

Nest-Sotra - Aalesund: 0 - 2

Nybergsund - Ham-Kam: 3 - 2

Pors Grenland - Oslo Øst: 3 - 2

Ranheim - Stabæk: 3 - 6

Sarpsborg FK - Lillestrøm: 1 - 4

Skeid - Elverum: 3 - 0

Sogndal - Jotun: 4 - 0

Spjelkavik - Hødd: 1 - 6

Strindheim - Raufoss: 2 - 3

Tollnes - Mandalskameratene: 0 - 2

Tromsdalen - Mo: 2 - 0

Tromsø - Lofoten: 3 - 2

Viking - Klepp: 3 - 0

Fredrikstad - Hønefoss BK

Moss - Østsiden

Eidsvold TF - Vålerenga

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Orange said:
Og slik endte det:

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to issue you an official warning here Orange. This is an English-speaking forum. If you keep up talking in foreign tongues, I might have to take serious actions against you :boxing:

;)

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Ja, jeg får vel skjerpe meg. Vi har nesten en overdose av Norsk her ;)

So far no Tippeliga teams have been beaten out, and six 1st division teams have lost in the cup. Ørn Horten, Åsane, Ham-Kam, Oslo Øst, Hønefoss and Tollnes.

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
26th of June:
Lillestrøm - Skeid
Eidsv/VIF - Lørenskog
Stabæk - Nybergsund
Raufoss - Bryne
Strømsgodset - Fredrikstad
Sandefjord - Moss FK
Odd G - Bærum
Start - Haugesund
Mandalskam. - Viking
Aalesund - Sogndal
Hødd - Molde
Tromsø - Tromsdalen
Alta - Bodø/Glimt

27th of June:
Lyn - Pors G
Rosenborg - Byåsen
Fana - Brann

If you pay close attention, you can see that there is a Tippeliga team in 14 of the matches, and in the last two matches you find the two teams that got relegated from the Tippeliga last season. Terrible way to draw matches...but from the next round there will at least be a random draw.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah, the first three rounds of the Norwegian cup is a total waste of time. Everyone thinks it's stupid as well, really don't see why NFF can't start drawing earlier.

Not very fun to watch Brann first play two awful low-division teams, then in the third round, meet their farmer team.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Hei ;)

I noticed that Wehrman finally got on the scoresheet for Moss :cool: (his first goal ever in Norwegian football i think) although the opposition was probably questionable since i never heard of their opponents. What division were they in, third division?

Oh and even though this is getting a little OT i also noticed that in Moss' last league game, Wehrman has graduated from getting yellow cards to two yellow cards in a game and hence red :crazy: :nasty:.........good goin Kasey :rollani:. He's the sort of guy who will stop Norway from winning the UEFA fair play award next season and is only enhancing Australia's reputation for producing "hacks" when it comes to defending although i would prefer to think of it as "combative" (think Stig Toefting style :D )

Anyway about this little cup comp of yours. I can only laugh at some of the scores although it seems that the teams that got the biggest defeats tend to be from the very north of Norway and hence i probably in quite isolated communities. The good thing is that the best performing TL teams are having the biggest wins while struggling teams like Rosenborg can only win 1-3 :wth: (i can only imagine what they'd have done to Skanland in the previous round if their team was in form :eekani: )

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, Østsiden plays in the third division. Are some insane results, but they would be far worse if the players took these games seriously. Doubt any teams apart from Rosenborg plays at full throttle. The Rosenborg players have to give it everything, cause Eggen chews them out otherwise.. especially since they've gotten a tradition to lose against low-division teams in the cup :D

I hope Moss will be relegated, with Brann's current form, we'll probably have to trust a fair play award to get into the UEFA cup next year as well :D Moss, Odd, LSK and Molde are mean teams, looks horrible when they tackle, always expect someone to get injured when they play in Bergen.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The main reason why Rosenborg is playing with their best team in the first two rounds is the be nice to the home-team and -supporters when NFF sends them around the country!

It's much more fun for Skånland to play against Brattbakk, Skammelsrud and Berg than Eriksen, Skjærvold and Høyem!

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Scores at halftime in the cup today :)

HT Aalesund 0 - 0 Sogndal

HT Alta 0 - 4 Bodo/Glimt

HT Fana 0 - 0 Brann Bergen

HT Hodd 0 - 0 Molde

HT Lillestrom 0 - 0 Skeid Oslo

HT Odd Grenland 0 - 0 Bærum

HT Raufoss 0 - 1 Bryne

HT Sandefjord 0 - 0 Moss

HT Stabaek 0 - 0 Nybergsund

HT Start Kristiansand 0 - 0 Haugesund

HT Stromsgodset 1 - 0 Fredrikstad

HT Tromso 1 - 0 Tromsdalen

HT Valerenga Oslo 2 - 0 Lorenskog

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
63' Aalesund 2 - 0 Sogndal :happy:

63' Alta 0 - 5 Bodo/Glimt

63' Hodd 0 - 0 Molde

63' Lillestrom 0 - 1 Skeid Oslo

63' Raufoss 1 - 1 Bryne

63' Sandefjord 0 - 0 Moss

63' Stabaek 1 - 0 Nybergsund

63' Start Kristiansand 0 - 0 Haugesund

63' Stromsgodset 1 - 0 Fredrikstad

63' Tromso 1 - 0 Tromsdalen

63' Valerenga Oslo 3 - 0 Lorenskog

45' Odd Grenland 0 - 0 Bærum

·
Registered
16,377 Posts
Lillestrom lost, Sogndal lost, Molde lost...Start and Bryne have to battle it out against their 1st division opponents in extratime....

FT Aalesund 5 - 0 Sogndal

FT Alta 1 - 6 Bodo/Glimt

FT Hodd 1 - 0 Molde

FT Lillestrom 0 - 1 Skeid Oslo

ET Raufoss 0 - 0 Bryne

FT Sandefjord 0 - 1 Moss

FT Stabaek 3 - 0 Nybergsund

ET Start Kristiansand 0 - 0 Haugesund

FT Stromsgodset 1 - 0 Fredrikstad

FT Tromso 2 - 0 Tromsdalen

FT Valerenga Oslo 5 - 0 Lorenskog

68' Odd Grenland 1 - 0 Bærum