Tromsø - Stabæk (Alfheim)
Vålerenga - Moss (Ullevaal stadium)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wednesday 18. july:
Brann - Ørn Horten (Brann stadium)

Ørn Horten is together with Hødd and Vålerenga the only teams left from division 1, or anything lower than the top league, since all the division 2 and division 3 teams are gone.

Away at Brann stadium they should have no chance of winning. The only reason they are in round 4, is that they have had the by far easiest way in the cup so far. This is the first top league team they meet, and they couldn't have gotten a tougher match. I predict a 4-1 win to Brann.

Wednesday 25. juli:
Bodø/Glimt - Viking (Aspmyra)

Tough match for both teams, anything can happen in a match like this. I have a feeling that Bodø will want to do good in the cup even more than Viking this season. 2-1 to Bodø, possibly after extra time.

Bryne - Molde (Bryne stadium)

Bryne was weak yesterday, and I think they will be relegated this season. Molde will want to revenge last years exoit in the cup, where they beat Start but was robbed of the victory by nff because they had forgotten to list one of the subs. 1-3 to Molde.

Hødd - Odd Grenland (Høddvoll)

Hødd is not a bad team, but not good enough to beat top league teams time after time either. Odd has gotten better away from home this season, and won the cup last year. Easy win for Odd, 0-2.

Lillestrøm - Strømsgodset (Åråsen)

A very strong LSK side this season, despight a horrible pre season, and only 16-17 top players, will demolish Godset at home. 3-0.

Sogndal - Start (Fosshaugane)

Hard to tell, Start is a good team on a norwegian level, and an amazing team in division 1. Sogndal's form is up and down, although they seem stronger than in many many years. 1-1(4-5 after penalties)

Tromsø - Stabæk (Alfheim)

TIL is horrible this season, and will struggle, while Stabæk seems to be in great form. However like Bodø, TIL will fight extra hard for the cup this season, and might put Stabæk off their form. 0-0(0-1 after extra time)

Vålerenga - Moss (Ullevaal stadium)

VIF is in division 1 for a reason, and Moss has won a lot of games in the top league for a reason. But I think VIF has a really good chance of winning this. 2-1 to VIF.

That's it :)

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Apart from the Sogndal - Start prediction, I more or less agree with your predictions.. Moss - VIF, B/G - Viking and Tromsø - Stabæk will be close races.
Brann, Molde, Odd, LSK and Sogndal should win their games easily.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Well thankfully it seems i am not the only one to notice that Odd-Grenland have really improved their away form :cool:. If they can keep it up and continue to improve away, i think they are a good shot to be in for a top-5 in the league (which Orange actually predicted before the league started) and a cup double.

Will be interesting to see how they go in the UEFA Cup as well :). I reckon they can make it to Round three with a little luck (in both the draw, and during the games)

I agree with most of you thoughts on the games (like i wouldnn't :doh: ) but i think Sogndal - Start will go to Extra time with Start scoring the winner & Bodo-Viking going to PK's with Bodo winning. I suspect that with Aarsheim already out, and Viking trying to stay top in the league, they will field a second string team

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I doubt the fact about second string team, as the cup in Norway is almost as important to Norwegian teams, as the FA cup is to the English teams. At least it is nothing like in Sweden, where the whole cup is a second string affair. :tongue:

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
My thoughts about the scandinavian cups...

Swedish Cup = English League Cup
Norwegian Cup = English FA Cup
Danish Cup = Something in between

Weird how little faith you guys have in Sogndal at home against Start actually.. it's one of the best home teams in the league, and you expect a 1st div team to win? Apart from the Tromsø and Rosenborg games, they've been best in all their home games.. and now they've started to score more goals, something they had lots of trouble with in the start of the season. But we'll see, anything can happen. Like... who would have thought Ørn-Horten would be in the middle of the 1st div table and reach the 4th round of the cup :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts