Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Niko is being talked about in four different threads so I thought it would be better to just put all news in this one.

This is the article davor_suker posted in the transfer thread.

_________

Portsmouth are understood to be lining up a move for Croatian star Niko Kranjcar.

The 20-year-old has been made available by Dinamo Zagreb after he fell out with the club's hierarchy.

Austrian-born Kranjcar has been linked strongly with England in recent months with Arsenal, Tottenham and Middlesbrough all said to be monitoring his progress.

Dynamo Kiev, Milan, Sevilla and Feyenoord have also taken a look at Kranjcar - who is set to leave in January.

Now Pompey are believed to be showing a keen interest, with both Milan Mandaric and Velimir Zajec both said to be fans of the talented youngster - whose father is coach of the national team.

Dinamo have already signed Kranjcar's replacement in the shape of Luka Modric from Inter Zapresic and are ready to sell for less than €2 million.

Kranjcar has offers from Russia and Italy, but Pompey look to have moved into pole position.

Croatia legend Davor Suker is managing the player along with Dino Pokrovac - who has confirmed their interest.

"Yes we have talked about a transfer," said Pokrovac.

"Mandaric is very interested, but so are others."

Portsmouth are currently in the process of selling Nigel Quashie and Kranjcar could very well be a straight replacement for the Scottish international.

Kranjcar made his senior debut for Dinamo at just 16 and has been heralded as the new 'Zvonimir Boban', but things have not worked out as planned and he is now looking to kick-start his career in a new country.

_______

Until I get a quote from someone other than Pokrovac and Suker saying they are interested, I won't believe any of it.

Stimac supposedly has also offered a Villa worth 500,000. All the while the rest of his players are waiting for their first full pay check of the season..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Anywhere is better then in dinamo for him he needs to go to big name clubs if he wants to be the future of cro soccer

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
I just want him to leave Dinamo and I would like it if the other "geniuses"(drpić,ješe,tomić..........) left aswel.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hrvatino said:
Don't agree, he just needs a club where he can get fit again and play regularly.
Im not saying he shuld go to real madrid or anything just that he needs to go into a good league like The EPL and bundes league and go to a good team where he gets reguler time on the field

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Don't really care, Don't see him as the future of our Soccer right now. Anyone who has had all these things said about him and he can't keep in shape is pathetic, I don't see how he can reach his potential, it's simple really, he won't.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Dado_Prso_09 said:
Im not saying he shuld go to real madrid or anything just that he needs to go into a good league like The EPL and bundes league and go to a good team where he gets reguler time on the field
Exactly....although not a fan of EPL.

Man, I am sorry he is leaving dinamo and the club and fans will regret it aswell one day..

Just like they regretted running Viduka out of the club and others..

The latest rumour:

Portsmouth will buy him and loan him to Hajduk.

http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom/sports/football/191330/index.do

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I hope he goes to Italy or Spain, maybe Valencia?

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
i heard cska are offering 2.5 mill

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
to russia he will go :)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
that´s ****ed up if he goes to russia...only money then......look at srna and pletikosa....

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I hope he choose Hajduk for maybe 2 years and then go abroad. With pleti and srna Hajduk could have a really nice team. But srna will surely go to another country.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
I dont know what are you talking about. There's no even rumours that Pletikosa and Srna would come back to Hajduk. And to be frank, we dont even need Pletikosa, while Srna is impossible to get.
I wouldnt have anything against Niko at Hajduk, but only if we're gonna buy him, loans are out of the question.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Looks like the Russky's will probably get Niko. CSKA and Spartak Moscow are in the hunt and knowing them they will up the ante which Hajduk can't match.

1 - 20 of 158 Posts