Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody seen them? I just finished watching all the episodes of "Ginga: A Alma Do Futebol Brasileiro" and I have to admit of being impressed with every aspect of the mini-documentaries.

They follow young kids of all places in Brazil, from different social classes in their dreams of playing football. A must see, imo.

You have to go to www.nikefootball.com make sure you choose the Brazilian web site feed and then under Arquivo, choose the "Ginga: A Alma do futebol Brasileiro"

The first episode hooked me in, a kid from the favelas of Rio nicknamed Romarinho, whose dream is to play professionally, no matter where.

Hope you enjoy them.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Wow, I just finished watching the last 2 episodes (I wish there were more) with Falcão and Robinho and then watching Robinho versus Falcão in Futsal:eekani: Great stuff. The footage of Robinho as an 8 year old playing futsal in just great.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
I saw the one of Romarinho, with the try outs for some Clubs in Rio was a good watch. Will see if I can finish watching the rest of the vids

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I have all the episodes already on dvd. There all great. Especially Robinhio vs Falcao there some insane moves in there.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I also saw it on tv in here and taped it. A great watch, the Robinho-Falcao is a must, but what truly amazed me was how this guy, don't remember his name again but the one in Rio with only one leg and playing football with clutches. Now that is freaking impressive!:eekani::shades:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I saw it on FSC a few weeks ago and then downloaded it off the Nike site when it was still available as a whole 500 meg film. I've watched it two or three times since then...

Two things I wondered about where...

a) Was this an independently produced film bought by Nike or was it commissioned by Nike in the first place?

b) How was Falcão at São Paulo and why did he return to futsal? Was he not good enough or does he just like futsal that much more?

·
Administrator
29,811 Posts
The rumors say that the coach Leao did not wanted him, so they clashed and he felt better to return.
He had little chances; once or another he showed his skills, but the differences - let's say geographical - are so big, that he could not be much productive.
My opinion however, He went too late for the change and even so, he would never taste the glory and fame he have in indoor in the grass footbal.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
He is certainly persistent. It will be interesting to see whether he's made it anywhere close to professional football in a few years. Determination and mental toughness can be valuable attributes...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts