Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Michael Laudrup please.

No more former GK (Nuno) defenders (Djukic, Flores) or strikers (Pizzi)

I've always had the impression that managers that played as midfielders make the best coaches. (Guardiola, Ancelotti)

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Yeah because Matt Ryan is the most important thing right now :D

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
- Alejandro Sabella
- Frank Rijkaard
- Michael Laudrup
- Carlo Ancelotti (would come with Jorge Mendes)

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Julien Lopetegui? :D

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
Lopetegui is one of Mendes' boys. Lay Hoon just said in the press conference that the new coach won't be one of his people.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a 50-50-thing where Mendes gets the sporting director (and continues getting players for the club) while Lim chooses the coach who isn't connected to Mendes.

·
Registered
44,343 Posts
Well, she said "probably" so it's not 100% I suppose.

It's hilarious how Lay Hoon knows exactly who writes and says what. Like with MARCA and Julio Insa :D She makes a polite gesture but probably thinks "**** you" :D

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Michael Laudrup please.

No more former GK (Nuno) defenders (Djukic, Flores) or strikers (Pizzi)

I've always had the impression that managers that played as midfielders make the best coaches. (Guardiola, Ancelotti)
I doubt there is any damn correlation between position and good coaches even though the best right now are ex-midfielders :D

Pochettino - Defender
Blanc - Defender
Valverde - Striker
Klopp - Defender
Pellegrini - Defender

etc :D

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Oh for the love of god, no to Berizzo, he seems to be too much of a Bielsa-type which means that we will go on for periods with shitty results because we run out of gas...

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
And wait... LIM WILL DECIDE THE NEW COACH?
:dielaugh:

This gets even ****ing better, on what damn grounds? :D
We fired Pizzi (sure, not that good results but it was some attitude changes with a serious crap squad as Senderos and Costa) who had a proven track record for frigging Nuno. If Lim will decide this one, I'm seriously going to laugh... Some serious conflicts of interests will go on between Lim and Mendes then :dielaugh:

·
¡Ché we can!
5,283 Posts
I like Layhoon Chan.

Not in a Steven way of course. But she seems quite upfront and talks a good game at least.

Though obviously I'd prefer Salvo!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts