Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with cases like Neymar, Keirrison, Jo, or any other recent export, or soon to be export.
If you are young and successful in Brasil, what should be their next step? Is there a better path than most?

I think of specific situations like:
Ronaldo and Romario went to Holland- good idea.
L Fabiano and Diego went to Portugal - bad Idea
Kaka and Pato (possibly) went to Italy (big team)- good idea
Love, Jo, Willian went to Russia (big team) - bad idea.
Kleberson:proud:, Robinho, Jo, Anderson, Denilson went to England- bad idea.

I get the feeling that Holland Spain then Italy is the best option for our youngsters... and Id say avoid Englnd and Portugal, and maybe even Turkey.

I dont think theres a formula, but I do think there are places our youngsters shouldnt go to. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
29,398 Posts
Robinho went to spain, not england first and the best idea is remaining there and not moving to those european clubs who are not better than ASA de arapiraca.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
So with cases like Neymar, Keirrison, Jo, or any other recent export, or soon to be export.
If you are young and successful in Brasil, what should be their next step? Is there a better path than most?
How exactly were Keirrison and Jo 'successful'? They both scored enough goals to get noticed by foreign clubs, but it's not like they won anything here. Keirrison at least was top goalscorer of the 2008 Brasileiro together with Washington and Kleber Pereira, while Jo didn't even do that much. They were both promising, but left to play abroad before they could really succeed. Neymar hasn't won anything yet either, and will probably leave for a well-paying adventure overseas before he does.

Maybe Jo and Keirrison would be in a better situation in their careers if they had waited until they had won SOMETHING - anything they could point to as an actual achievement before flying abroad to get slammed as 'overrated' by spoiled European fans who demand instantaneous brilliance. Keirrison's award for being the 2008 league's top goalscorer apparently didn't impress anyone in Portugal.

I get the feeling that Holland Spain then Italy is the best option for our youngsters... and Id say avoid Englnd and Portugal, and maybe even Turkey.

I dont think theres a formula, but I do think there are places our youngsters shouldnt go to. Any thoughts?
Oh, there are definitely some leagues that are better-suited to our players's styles. Holland and Spain are good places for our forwards, because in both those leagues the defenses are generally weak (last week Real Madrid hammered Deportivo La Coruña in a match where Deportivo's defense was an absolute joke - if a game was shown abroad with a top Brasilian team defending like that, we would quickly see some kneejerk Euro fans saying that our teams don't know how to defend, but Deportivo's defense plays like braindead zombies and their crushing mediocrity apparently surprised nobody).

Germany is good for skillful players, because skillful players are highly valued among all the turgid musclemen that they have running around, and it's generally not a difficult environment for Brasilian players - hell, even Bordon became a respectable player there. But lightweight players have a harder time in Germany than they would have in Spain for example.

Italy is hard for players who don't adapt their game to the tactical mentality of calcio, but players who manage to adapt themselves can prosper in there (and some guys like Taddei actually fit better there than they ever did here).

And England is perhaps the hardest big league for Brasilians to adapt to, for some reason. Maybe due to the physicality of their game, that doesn't allow players a lot of time with the ball before they're ran over.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts

I am not sure about Turkey, many Brasilian players has done very well there, Andre Santos is the las one, he scores many goals. Alex is a God, and several Brasilians have nacionalized and played in the NT, the turkish temperament uits Brazilians, Remember Tafarel and Jardel in the great years of Galatasaray? The only problem is that they were not called to the NT, but even that is not obstacle now, Andre Santos was called, he did not succeed to stay, not because he plays in Fener, even Bobo was called once

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
In England , beside being patient and working a lot of gim hours, you have to have strong personality. Anderson did not have the patience and did the great mistake to quarrel with Ferguson. Few of them, who bothered to learn to speak almost perfect English, never complained, endured the abuse and gained the support of the coach, have the chances to succeeed there, but you need patience, in Spain, Gremany and even in Italy it may be easier.
To play in England is a tough chaleng for Brasilians, especially for players who are not strikers.

Anderson was well more or less until his friend and maybe protector, Cristiano, left.

Now the next interesting case to watch will be Rever. He is not so young, I am curious to see how he will do there, in a very defensive team like Wolfsburg

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How exactly were Keirrison and Jo 'successful'? They both scored enough goals to get noticed by foreign clubs, but it's not like they won anything here.
Well...theres less and less time for a player to be successful in Brasil nowadays before they are shipped. Keirrison had a great 08 and paulista 09.

·
fawkin legend
4,943 Posts
Of cuz Keirrison has been successful. He won several personal awards n honors. How can one expect to win the championship as a Coritiba playa?

Jo has been a Corinthians reject tho.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I kinda think that there are places in Holland, or Barcelona, or even Man U (if you are a youngster that is) that you should go to, before being a major star.

I think our young players are forced to bulk up and lose mobility and pace- and in turn, lose some of their talent because they are being shaped into euro muscle heads with no talent :D (Im being harsh of course)

·
Registered
40,564 Posts
The thing is, Dutch teams can't afford top Brazilian talents. Ronaldo and Romario were basically excellent scouting from PSV, but it hasn't happened since and nowadays the financial gap between Holland and the rest is simply too big.

There's a talented central defender playing for Twente though, Douglas is his name.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
And England is perhaps the hardest big league for Brasilians to adapt to, for some reason. Maybe due to the physicality of their game, that doesn't allow players a lot of time with the ball before they're ran over.
that`s why I (and I guess many others) were pleasantly surprised to see how successful Juninho Paulista (along with Emerson) was in the EPL despite his size....thought Juninho was a cert to fail but he went back 2 times more and did well each time :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts