Spurs [A]
Sunderland [H]
Fulham [H]
West Brom [A]
Blackburn [H]
Newcastle [A]
Man City [H]
Wigan [A]

Those are our next eight Premier League games. In between we have the game against Cardiff, the two against Roma and possibly Burnley and a Champions League quarter-final if things fall our way.

But all the same our mission is to catch Villa and/or fourth place and each one of those games is winnable, indeed we should be expecting victory. Comrade Arshavin will be such a boost to a team seriously lacking confidence and morale. Indeed, by the end of that run Fabregas, Walcott, Eduardo and Rosicky will all be back playing. So while I have slated this team plenty this season there is still possibly a bright light at the end of this dark, dark tunnel IF certain people's fingers are pulled out of certain people's arses and the team starts playing like the Arsenal.

Our season starts here boys. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Win vs Spurs and I have no doubt the momentum from that will see finish second in the PL and have a superb chance to walk away with the FA cup.

·
Registered
42,778 Posts
"There is no light for those who do not know darkness." - Takuan Soho (1573-1645): A monk of the Rinzai sect of Zen Buddhism, by the time Takuan was 37, he was appointed abbot of the leading temple of the Rinzai sect, Daitokuji. Takuan was an important figure whose acute and brutally honest advice was sought by influential and powerful figures including Go Mizuno and Tokugawa Iemitsu. His correspondence to Tagyu Munenori discussing Zen and Swordsmanship entitled The Unfettered Mind has become an influential treatise in both the areas of philosophy and martial arts. The pickled daikon radish, takuan, also bears his name.

Sorry, I haven't had many opportunities to see matches. I have to go out of my way to make these silly contributions.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
2nd in the PL? I don't know Tunis, thats really optimistic.

We have a good chance for the FA Cup if we put Cardiff away and yeah, we have to win the next ten games to have any hope of securing a Top Four finish because none of these teams look like slipping up right now, we have to pressure them into doing so.

Hopefully our defensive solidarity from the past few weeks is built upon by a productive and lethal attack force now we have Comrade in the team.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For what it's worth, these are the next eight games for Villa, Liverpool and Chelsea. I haven't bothered with Manchester United because they are going to blitz the league.

Villa:

Blackburn [A]
Chelsea [H]
Stoke [H]
Man City [A]
Spurs [H]
Liverpool [A]
Man Utd [A]
Everton [H]

Liverpool:

Portsmouth [A]
Man City [H]
Boro [A]
Sunderland [H]
Man Utd [A]
Aston Villa [H]
Fulham [A]
Blackburn [H]

Liverpool play us after the Blackburn match.

Chelsea:

Hull [H]
Aston Villa [A]
Wigan [H]
Portsmouth [A]
Man City [H]
Spurs [A]
Newcastle [A]
Bolton [H]

Villa certainly don't have it easy and those games are a big, big opportunity for us to nick our way back into the top 4.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
2nd in the PL? I don't know Tunis, thats really optimistic.

We have a good chance for the FA Cup if we put Cardiff away and yeah, we have to win the next ten games to have any hope of securing a Top Four finish because none of these teams look like slipping up right now, we have to pressure them into doing so.

Hopefully our defensive solidarity from the past few weeks is built upon by a productive and lethal attack force now we have Comrade in the team.
I have no doubt we beat Spurs and this team will take off, frankly none of Liverpool, Chelsea or Villa look daunting it's just that we are just to lethargic, play with as much fear as any side in the PL and lack that extra bit of quality in order for Ade to have 986 chances for Ade to score a few goals.

A win over Spurs will lift the moral of the squad ten fold, with comrade AA, Eddie Baby and Theo set to return we will back to total football and not the hit and hope side we have been since Cesc went down.

·
Ze Don
1,134 Posts
The importance of the North London derby cannot be overstated. It is a must win game. We win it, and we might just get the momentum going, we lose it and i for one would lose hope in getting that 4th place.

I don't think Aston Villa will win their next game, thats why its vital that we win ours. Villa will play Allardyce's Blackburn away without Ashley Young, if i were a betting man, i'd put a tenner on them drawing that game.

Also their game against Chelsea at home is another one they won't be winning. so 6 points from the next 2 games would imo get us in touching distance of Aston Villa.

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I believe we can win every one of those games.

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
We'll do it;)

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
If we don't overhaul Villa in the next 8 games, it's over, simple as that. We play the other big 3 in our last 6 games as well as an away trip to Wigan (which can be tricky) while Villa play West Ham at home, Bolton away, Hully City home, Fulham away, Middlesbrough away, and Newcastle away.

The only real tough one in that fixture is West Ham. So I mean, if we aren't at least 4-5 points clear by the last 6-7 games, we are pretty much screwed.

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Don't be too sure of that. We smacked up Manure and Chelsea(at the Bridge no less!) so you shouldn't write those games off from the start. I really doubt Villa have it in them to finish above us come the end of May so we shall see.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Depends whether Arsenal can be consistent enough to mount a run. People are all saying that Villa aren't good enough to stay in fourth, but is the current Arsenal team consistent enough to challenge?

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Depends whether Arsenal can be consistent enough to mount a run. People are all saying that Villa aren't good enough to stay in fourth, but is the current Arsenal team consistent enough to challenge?
Yes!

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I think Aston Villa may be burn out.

·
Ze Don
1,134 Posts
They do not have strength in numbers thats for sure. But O Neil can keep them motivated till the last minute.

We have to start winning games away, thats the first step.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
the next 8 games i can see a possible 24 points if we pick up our game. but i think we'll slip up against wigan some how, mainly because we always struggle at the JJB (without henry that is). so in total i think we'll get 22 points. lets hope we take maximum points from these games. we have to do all we can.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I don't think Aston Villa will win their next game, thats why its vital that we win ours. Villa will play Allardyce's Blackburn away without Ashley Young, if i were a betting man, i'd put a tenner on them drawing that game.

Also their game against Chelsea at home is another one they won't be winning. so 6 points from the next 2 games would imo get us in touching distance of Aston Villa.
Ashley Young is back boi. And Big John Carew. Our record at Ewood Park is great too, cant remember the last time we dropped points there.

And Chelsea havent won at Villa Park for 10 years now. But they will have an advantage in that we have our UEFA Cup tie with CSKA Moscow on the Thursday before we play them whereas their CL game isnt until the following week. But that will be a big fvckin game

·
Ze Don
1,134 Posts
Yup just read he was back, i forgot to count the Fa Cup game in his 3 game suspension. I'm still optimistic your boys will drop points though, You can always count on Allardyce to "park the bus".

I'm not expecting the Russians to beat you, especially in their current state, but i'm fairly confident they'll get a draw at the very least.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
welcome to the Arse forum, Holte Ender, dizzy heights for you eh rivalling the mighty Arsenal? :pp

1 - 20 of 26 Posts