Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the big matches of our season it seems...

We start tomorrow at home to Messina

then we have to travel to the empty Delle Alpi to face Juve

Then away to Fiorentina

At home to Lecce

Away to hostile Sicily in Palermo

---------------------------------------------------

Basically these matches will define whether we can make the CL or not... if we get out of these alive, we have half a chance and bsaically... if we can be within 3 points of Fiorentina after this we are in contention because then comes Sampdoria at home, Chievo away, Treviso at home and Milan away... 3 of them games we can results from and hopefully Milan will have nothing to play for on the final day.

Anyway it is a really tough run in and basically we must make the most of our home games v Messina and Lecce from the next 5. At least we can get 6 points from these... the 6 pointer between us and Fiorentina will be big. A win would be unbelievable, a draw would be nice. We can get a result from Palermo... Anything from the Juve game is a bonus to us.

< 6 = Very bad
6 = Bad/Average
7 = Quite Good
8 = Good
9 = Very Good
10 and above = Exceptional.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
at least 12 points from 5 games which include away games at Palermo, Fiorentina and Juve... you have high ambitions.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
if I want to be very realistic I would expect 8 points:
- Win over Messina and Lecce
- Draw wth Fio and Palermo
- Loss to Juve

which I think is still not enough to get the fourth spot.

·
Registered
57,847 Posts
Remember that Juve will have the vital game at Highbury in their minds, this can work out for you lot . ;)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think 9 points is good considering it has kept our hopes of CL alive. The problem is Fiorentina also came out alive from their triple run of matches with Milan, Roma, Juve so in the end both teams have came out with a chance. In the end the last 4 now are similar for both teams. I cant help but think one of them will slip up in Verona and whichever one does may not be 4th. Also in 2 weeks if Fiorentina beat Palermo in Sicily then I congratulate them on 4th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts