Xtratime Community banner

The new Wembley stadium

1K views 57 replies 19 participants last post by  Onree 
#1 · (Edited)
#5 ·
taylorowl23 said:
Barcelona's Nou Camp, or Camp Now as the Spanish call it, is a very nice ground.
Camp Now?!?! :D

Just for general culture:
The official name of Barça's stadium is: "Estadi del Futbol Club Barcelona". So why Camp Nou or Nou Camp? That's how the fans began to call it after we left the old stadium "Les Corts" in the mid 50s. Camp Nou (or Nou Camp) means "New Camp" in Catalan, it's just a nickname and somehow officially accepted by the club after so many years, although it's not "new" anymore. In Catalan, we normally say "Camp Nou", although "Nou Camp" is accepted too. In Catalan, there's not an specific order for noun and adjective, like in English.

About the "New" Wembley (the Barça fans loved the old one :proud: ). It looks magnificent, it's truly spectacular. I've seen that it is very comfortable and nice, a great stadium for sure. The greatest? Well, it'll be one of the greatest for sure along with Camp Nou, the Bernabeu, San Siro and others... but not the biggest :pp The Camp Nou still can grow if we finish the 3rd ring some day. We lost 20,000 places when we made it all seats, but if we close the 3rd ring, we would reach the 120,000 places again... all seated. :D

#9 ·
It will be one of the most beautiful stadiums in the world and totally top notch! The arch will be visible for 12 miles! :cool: 90,000 capacity which is huge as well. The arch makes this stadium unique just like the twin towers made the original one unique.

In my personal opinion I would like the May 2007 UCL final to be held in Wembley as that venue hasn't been decided as yet.

Beckham has got hold of a private box in a prime position at the centre which can host 20 other guests! It is also rumoured that Roman Abramovich has got hold of 2 boxes in the same vicinity which will host 40 people! The boxes costed £2 million each and you need links to get one of them! None of England's current or past players have been able to get one. Money under the table as well perhaps for Beckham and Roman. :doh:

#19 ·
She sure is purty lookin'.

Gonna be some great stadiums in England.

Wembley
90,000 Seats

Emirates
60,000 Seats

Stanley Park
61,000 Seats

#23 ·
khimik said:
I thought Stanley Park was going to be 55,000.
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/newstadium/ - Nah, its 60 odd. Probably added the extra thousand to be better than yours. :D

jern - Don't know what idiot went with that name... whose stadium is it again? :) Gonna be funny what happens when the fans start ignoring the 'name' and the media will probably follow.

#24 ·
I don't think the media will ignore it, and rival fans certainly won't, i wonder what chants they will come up with ?

looks like Liverpool will go for naming rights now when they said all along they would never do it, it's amazing how £100m can make a board forget all about history, tradition and principles.

#26 ·
Jern Lizardhous said:
I don't think the media will ignore it, and rival fans certainly won't, i wonder what chants they will come up with ?

looks like Liverpool will go for naming rights now when they said all along they would never do it, it's amazing how £100m can make a board forget all about history, tradition and principles.
Probably not in the heading but I wouldn't be surprised if it got ignored in the articles. Well you're safe from the Chelsea fans at least... I assume so.

Maybe but that begs the question why they weren't willing to take similar amounts of money to invest in the players... from liverpool fans at that.

Khimik - Yeah, but there's also the whole ring of seats and the arse in the title. Doesn't conjure up inspiring images. Emirates stadium isn't that bad though, could be worse.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.