Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Depends what you mean by 'best'. Yes it will be a very impressive stadium, but you caint really say until it is finished.

Barcelona's Nou Camp, or Camp Now as the Spanish call it, is a very nice ground.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
taylorowl23 said:
Barcelona's Nou Camp, or Camp Now as the Spanish call it, is a very nice ground.
Camp Now?!?! :D

Just for general culture:
The official name of Barça's stadium is: "Estadi del Futbol Club Barcelona". So why Camp Nou or Nou Camp? That's how the fans began to call it after we left the old stadium "Les Corts" in the mid 50s. Camp Nou (or Nou Camp) means "New Camp" in Catalan, it's just a nickname and somehow officially accepted by the club after so many years, although it's not "new" anymore. In Catalan, we normally say "Camp Nou", although "Nou Camp" is accepted too. In Catalan, there's not an specific order for noun and adjective, like in English.

About the "New" Wembley (the Barça fans loved the old one :proud: ). It looks magnificent, it's truly spectacular. I've seen that it is very comfortable and nice, a great stadium for sure. The greatest? Well, it'll be one of the greatest for sure along with Camp Nou, the Bernabeu, San Siro and others... but not the biggest :pp The Camp Nou still can grow if we finish the 3rd ring some day. We lost 20,000 places when we made it all seats, but if we close the 3rd ring, we would reach the 120,000 places again... all seated. :D

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If we talk about the space that it occupies rather than the seating then i don't think there is a bigger stadium in the world.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
It will be one of the most beautiful stadiums in the world and totally top notch! The arch will be visible for 12 miles! :cool: 90,000 capacity which is huge as well. The arch makes this stadium unique just like the twin towers made the original one unique.

In my personal opinion I would like the May 2007 UCL final to be held in Wembley as that venue hasn't been decided as yet.

Beckham has got hold of a private box in a prime position at the centre which can host 20 other guests! It is also rumoured that Roman Abramovich has got hold of 2 boxes in the same vicinity which will host 40 people! The boxes costed £2 million each and you need links to get one of them! None of England's current or past players have been able to get one. Money under the table as well perhaps for Beckham and Roman. :doh:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Russell said:
If we talk about the space that it occupies rather than the seating then i don't think there is a bigger stadium in the world.
If you want to see it this way, we could say that it could be the only mall in the world with a football stadium inside. :D

BTW, a question. Who's the owner of the stadium?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i think the new bayern arena in munich (the allianz arena) will also get very impressive.

pics

Attachments

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Haroon said:
In my personal opinion I would like the May 2007 UCL final to be held in Wembley as that venue hasn't been decided as yet.
Have they decided where the 2006 one will be?

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
khimik said:
Have they decided where the 2006 one will be?
Not as yet as far as I know. It is decided in April usually. In any case the FA wants the FA Cup final to be the first game played in the new Wembley stadium so 2006 might be touch and go.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
The 2006 FA Cup final will be a fewweeks before the Champions League final anyway. It's being played earlier so SGE gets some extra training sessions with England in preparation.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Koeman4 said:
If you want to see it this way, we could say that it could be the only mall in the world with a football stadium inside. :D

BTW, a question. Who's the owner of the stadium?
the banks at the moment, but hopefully in the future the F.A. :D

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
She sure is purty lookin'.

Gonna be some great stadiums in England.

Wembley
90,000 Seats

Emirates
60,000 Seats

Stanley Park
61,000 Seats

1 - 20 of 58 Posts