Xtratime Community banner

6601 - 6616 of 6616 Posts

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Coutinho sounding like an ex-girlfriend full of regret, begging for Liverpool to take them back :howler:

Fekir rumours have resurfaced again too! :laugh: (but by whom?! Probably Lyon)

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
“Barcelona midfielder Philippe Coutinho, 27, could be set to return to Liverpool on a two-year loan deal, with the Champions League winners then having the option to buy the Brazil playmaker back for £88m.“

Wouldn’t even get into our starting XI... :howler:

Tbf, the Coutinho-Salah partnership was magical.

However, I’ve not heard this from any of the reputable Northern sources yet. We shall wait and see.

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
Liverpool confirm Harvey Elliott transfer - and fans won't have to wait long to see him in action

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Harvey Elliott from Fulham - and Reds fans might not have to wait long to see the teenager in action.

Jurgen Klopp was reported to be close to sign the England youth international at the start of the month following the expiration of his youth contract with the Cottagers, fighting off competition from continental heavyweights like Real Madrid, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain to land a youngster who grew up supporting the Reds as a boy

The 16-year-old made three senior appearances for Fulham last season, and became the youngest player in Premier League history when he made his debut against Wolves – aged 16 years and 30 days – in May.

Leaving Fulham, who will be due a handsome compensation package for the England youth international, following their relegation from the Premier League, the 16-year-old was spotted at Liverpool’s opening pre-season friendly against Tranmere Rovers.

Elliott becomes the club’s second signing of the summer after Sepp Van den Berg , and will be part of the Liverpool squad that faces Napoli at Murrayfield on Sunday before heading to Evian for the Reds’ subsequent training camp.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-harvey-elliott-transfer-latest-16657912

·
Registered
436 Posts
^ hope will be a huge player eventually.

also, Klopp basically said that there will be no other signings with his latest interview. not the most entertaining summer window we had in recent years but the team is good.

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
Ryan Kent has unfollowed Liverpool on his Instagram account.

With Klopp confirming that he won’t be loaned out again, a permanent departure is surely imminent. [Daily Record]

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I am feeling very weary that we have not invested into strengthening our first team/squad with more established talents, but I am willing for Klopp and his team to prove me wrong yet again.

If we’re at the top or within 6 points from the top by January I’ll be proven wrong. It is undeniably beneficial to work with the large squad we have, and see the development of our youngsters and fringe/injury returning players.

Seeing Gini line up on the left wing in pre-season makes me think Klopp think he is satisfactorily covered there...

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I would love for Sane to leave Man City and join Bayern. I really rate him, and has proven a thorn in our sides when we have played against him.

No more Hazard to worry about! :howler:

If Nicolas Pepe or Bruno Fernandes join our rivals this summer and have great seasons that’s really going to annoy me. Both were realistic targets for us this transfer window.

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
just remembered that Solanke was sold to Bournemouth last January

don't you think he was able to continue and be a good option for the team upfront as Origi does?

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
Liverpool FC complete signing of goalkeeper Adrian

Liverpool FC have completed the signing of Adrian on a free transfer.

The 32-year-old goalkeeper has signed a deal with the Reds following the departure of Simon Mignolet on a permanent switch to Club Brugge earlier today.

“I’m feeling really happy; really happy to be here and to work in this great club and start doing my stuff on the pitch as soon as possible,” he told Liverpoolfc.com.

“I’m very ambitious, I come here to try to win everything, to try to push Ali from the first minute and to make us better.

“Obviously I want to win titles. I come here to fight for all the competitions. We have many competitions ahead – we’re going to fight for it and try to get them.

“I’m looking forward to playing my first game at Anfield and to win as many games as we can.”

Adrian arrives after his six-year spell with West Ham United came to an end at the conclusion of last season.

The Spaniard joined the Hammers from Real Betis in July 2013 and went on to make 150 appearances for the club.
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/359359-liverpool-fc-complete-signing-of-goalkeeper-adrian

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
i know and watching Adrian since he was at Betis, a great step for him in his career to join the reds. he showed a lot of enthusiasm and excitement after signing and during his interview.

simply he's worth to be our 2nd GK. and don't forget that he joined the reds on free transfer! :yess:

WELCOME AT ANFIELD, Adrian! :thumbsup (1):

·
Registered
40,302 Posts
'I'll always be grateful to him' - Jürgen Klopp's tribute to Simon Mignolet

Jürgen Klopp has detailed his gratitude to Simon Mignolet and explained why it was right for Liverpool to allow the goalkeeper to make a permanent move to Club Brugge.

After six years, 204 appearances and a Champions League win with the Reds, the Belgium international today sealed a transfer back to his homeland.

Following the announcement, Klopp heralded Mignolet as one of the finest professionals he has worked with during his lengthy playing and managerial career.

And it was in large part because of the 31-year-old’s attitude that the boss felt it important the club not stand in the way of his opportunity to join Brugge.

“If you were to ask me to write a list of the most standout professionals I’ve worked with in the game – in a career of well over 30 years – Simon Mignolet would be competing for the number one spot,” Klopp told Liverpoolfc.com.

“The respect he commands in our dressing room is unrivalled. An outstanding athlete, an outstanding person, and an international-class ‘keeper.

“The truth is I don’t want Simon to leave – why would I? He’s a ‘keeper good enough to start for all the teams in the Premier League.

“But this is a little like the situation we faced with Lucas Leiva a few seasons ago now. Sometimes you have someone whose contribution to the club means you have to consider their welfare also. Simon is such a person.

“The service he has given this club during his time here means I cannot ignore an opportunity for him that will impact so positively on his future. I think what he has done for LFC means he earns the right to do something that helps him in this moment.

“Brugge are so lucky to have him. The shape he is in – the quality he has – he could play 10 years for this team if both want that.

“I will always be grateful for everything Simon has done for me and the staff while we have been here and I know his teammates will miss him also.

“But we say farewell and good luck with a host of happy memories and we tell him the best seats in the house are available to him and his family whenever they want to come back to Anfield in the future.”

by @ __ChrisShaw
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/359330-jurgen-klopp-pays-tribute-to-simon-mignolet

6601 - 6616 of 6616 Posts