Xtratime Community banner

The new National Team coach

1K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  TonyYayo187 
#1 · (Edited)
Romanian FA draw up wish list

BUCHAREST, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Romanian soccer officials are targeting four coaches as possible replacements for Anghel Iordanescu, who resigned on Friday after coming under fire for the side's draw with Armenia in a World Cup qualifier.

'We'll send letters to the former national team's coach Victor Piturca, Mircea Lucescu (of Shakhtar Donetsk), Laszlo Boloni (of French Rennes) and Gheorghe Hagi (of Galatasaray Istanbul) ,' Romanian Football Association (FRF) head Mircea Sandu told reporters on Sunday.

Sandu criticised Iordanescu and the players involved in Wednesday's 1-1 draw in Yerevan which gave Armenia their first point in five matches and knocked Romania off the top spot in European qualifying Group One.

'The FRF board has accepted Iordanescu's resignation. He is mainly responsible for the result,' Sandu said. 'The Romanian players who played in Yerevan are also responsible.'

Romanian media have repeatedly criticised Iordanescu for taking up politics. He is standing for the ruling leftist Social Democrat Party in general elections next weekend.

Romania have failed to qualify for any major competition since the 2000 European Championship. Missing the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany would be their third failure in a row.

Romania next face new Group One leaders the Netherlands in Bucharest on March 26.

See less See more
#2 ·
Lucescu respinge oferta FRF

Antrenorul lui Şahtior Doneţk, Mircea Lucescu, a declinat oferta făcută de FRF pentru preluarea postului de selecţioner al reprezentativei României, a anunţat site-ul "Ukrainiansoccer.net". "Este adevărat că FRF m-a contactat, dar nu iau în calcul posibilitatea de a deveni selecţionerul echipei României deoarece sînt legat de Şahtior şi nu vreau să îmi reziliez contractul. Mi-au sugerat varianta de a fi atît antrenor la naţionala României, cît şi la Şahtior, dar le-am spus să se adreseze patronului Rinat Ahmetov. Experienţa mea anterioară ca antrenor îmi spune că această variantă este rareori de succes", a declarat Mircea Lucescu.

(GSP)

#3 ·
^^
I think Lucescu made the right choice. As much as I would like to see him coach our team, it's not very nice to leave your club in the middle of the season like this, esp when the FRF had the possibility to hire him before he signed with Shahtior.
Also, it's not fair chance for him too. he'd have to start from under zero, with all the mistakes Iordanescu made and all the injuries in the team...

#4 ·
Yeah, it is kinda hard for Lucescu to leave, and Boloni doesn't seem to want to leave Rennes either for a number of reasons.

One thing is for sure. Even Piturca would enforce more discipline in our NT than Iordanescu ever did. So if he gets elected, everyone should give him a chance I guess. However, if he is unsuccessful in totally changing the mentality of some of our snotty players, we should get somebody else.

#5 ·
“Sa faca tot posibilul!”

Mircea Lucescu a reconfirmat ieri ca doreste sa revina la nationala, pentru indeplinirea acestui tel solicitind deschis sprijinul FRF. Rezumat, mesajul lui “Il Luce” catre Mircea Sandu si FRF este simplu si fara echivoc: “Ajutati-ma sa plec de la Sahtior si vin la nationala!”.

Domnule Lucescu, e adevarat ca ati declinat oferta federatiei de a prelua nationala Romaniei?

Cine zice asta? N-am spus asa ceva!

Diverse persoane din fotbalul romanesc. In plus, aceeasi informatie e difuzata si de un site ucrainean...

Sint doar interpretari, speculatii. Eu am spus duminica foarte clar, chiar la voi in ziar, ceea ce aveam de spus. Nu s-a schimbat nimic de atunci!

Anume faptul ca vreti sa reveniti, dar aveti o situatie contractuala incilcita la Sahtior.

Da. Dupa cum am mai spus-o, oferta federatiei vine un pic cam tirziu pentru mine, dar eu vreau sa vin. Exista in contractul meu o clauza prin care nu pot sa-mi dau demisia de la Sahtior Donetk.

Conducerea FRF a demarat tratativele cu Rinat Ahmetov?

Incearca sa aiba aceste negocieri. Daca ma doreste la nationala, federatia trebuie sa ma ajute, sa faca tot posibilul! Sa nu aiba apoi remuscari ca n-a intreprins totul pentru a ma avea!

Dumneavoastra ati discutat cu domnul Ahmetov legat de nationala?

Sa-i lasam mai intii pe cei de la federatie sa-si faca treaba, sa negocieze, si apoi mai discutam!

Sursa: Evenimentul Zilei

#6 ·
“Sa faca tot posibilul!”

"They ought to do anything in their power"

Mircea Lucescu confirmed again yesterday that fact that he wants to come back to the National Team. In order to do so, he openly asked FRF's assistance. Luce's message to Mircea Sandu is simple and clear: "Help me leave from Shakhtar and I will come to the National Team"

Mister Lucescu, is it true that you declined FA's offer to take charge of the Romanian National Team?

Who said so? I didn't say such a thing!

Several people from Romanian football. In addition, the same information is launched on an Ukrainian site... [N.B. www.ukrainiansoccer.com ]

These are just interpretations, speculations. On Sunday I clearly said what I had to say for your newspaper. Nothing changed since then!

Meaning that you want to come back, but you have a messy contractual situation at Shakhtar.

Yes. As I said, the FA's offer is a little late for me, but I want to accept it. In my contract there is a clause denying me the possibility to quit Skakhtar Donetk.

Did the FRF start the talks with Rinat Ahmetov?

They are trying to start them. If they want me at the NT, the federation must help me, they ought to do anything in their power! They shouldn't have remorses that they didn't do anything to have me.

Did you talk with mister Ahmetov concerning the (Romanian) National Team?

Let's let the officials from the FRF do their job first, which is to negotiate, and then we'll talk!

Source: Evenimentul Zilei

#7 ·
Secretarul general adjunct al Federaţiei Române de Fotbal, Cristian Bivolaru, s-a declarat optimist în ceea ce priveşte şansele ca tehnicianul echipei Şahtior Doneţk, Mircea Lucescu, să preia postul de selecţioner al României. "Am discutat cu Lucescu şi, aşa cum mă aşteptam, el este foarte dornic să preia echipa, însă totul depinde de contractul pe care îl are cu Şahtior. Cred că mingea vine spre noi, în sensul că sînt convins că Lucescu va reuşi să-l convingă pe Ahmetov să găsească o soluţie de compromis", a afirmat Bivolaru. Cristian Bivolaru a revenit astăzi de la Milano, unde a fost delegat UEFA la partida AC Milan - Şahtior Doneţk 4-0, din Liga Campionilor.

(GSP)

#14 ·
The Rumaniac said:
Because we can´t pay a prestigius one, and because they don´t know the players and don´t care as much as a local if they don´t qualify for the WC. He can just say " It was too difficult". While a romanian would do anything to qualify.
Good points...I hadn't thought of it that way I must admit. I guess I was thinking of Greece's experience with that German coach, he wasn't well known before the Euros and Greece was arguably a bigger project than Romania. However a foreign coach might be more likely to bring professionalism and modern concepts to our game. Perhaps most importantly they would be more neutral in light of internal politics and schemes of collusion and so would make their selections based on the players that were best at the moment and be less star struck by "star" players that weren't playing at their best, and less pressured by certain agents to play their clients irrespective of their ability.

In less words, a foreign coach would probably bring a superior work ethic and be less corrupt. And if a foreign coach took control of Romania , the more I think about it, the more I think that they would be extremely motivated to win, so that they too can make a name for themselves and go on to greatness and better paying jobs ;). Choosing one would be a gamble though, cause like you said we can't afford well known ones. Maybe we should ask Greece how they discovered the likes of Otto.

In the meantime, I'm hoping Piturca works out, since he seems the most likely person to be hired, but why was he fired from Steaua? That fact doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

#15 · (Edited)
Piturca is the perfect man for romania. He qualified the NT for euro2000 without a loss and he brings discipline. Also he is not so corrupt as Iordanescu and doesn't like Ioan Becali and that is a good thing because under Iordanescu Becali had a big influence on the NT. Also he should abandon the players that had been drinking the evening before the game with the chechz and he should put Daniel Niculae always in the starting 11.
And we don't need a foreign trainer, people are acting like foreign coaches like that German are some kind of supertrainers. It all depends on what kind of trainer,character and what kind of style that trainer has that depends if he should be good for the NT and Piturca is perfect for the current Romanian NT. And if you wonder why he has been fired by steaua, things are different in Romania it doesn't work like in the west he was also fired from the romanian NT although he had qualified them for euro2000 without a loss and beating Portugal. But he was too hard said the players and he was fired. But the NT needs a hard trainer because the Romanian players need discipline and you can see what happend with Iordanescu, it was reported that players had been drinking very much several times before games.

#16 ·
TonyYayo187 said:
Piturca is the perfect man for romania. He qualified the NT for euro2000 without a loss and he brings discipline. Also he is not so corrupt as Iordanescu and doesn't like Ioan Becali and that is a good thing because under Iordanescu Becali had a big influence on the NT. Also he should abandon the players that had been drinking the evening before the game with the chechz and he should put Daniel Niculae always in the starting 11.
And we don't need a foreign trainer, people are acting like foreign coaches like that German are some kind of supertrainers. It all depends on what kind of trainer,character and what kind of style that trainer has that depends if he should be good for the NT and Piturca is perfect for the current Romanian NT. And if you wonder why he has been fired by steaua, things are different in Romania it doesn't work like in the west he was also fired from the romanian NT although he had qualified them for euro2000 without a loss and beating Portugal. But he was too hard said the players and he was fired. But the NT needs a hard trainer because the Romanian players need discipline and you can see what happend with Iordanescu, it was reported that players had been drinking very much several times before games.
There is no way Piturca has more experience than Lucescu. Ideally Lucescu would be the best choice. However, it doesn't look like Lucescu can cancel his contract with Shaktar...

#19 ·
These are some key points I've picked out from the chat with him earlier today.

[15:56:51] <Neaga> VA REVENI GHIOANE SI ADI ILIE LA NATIONALA???
[15:57:10] <@VictorPiturca> NEAGA - CU CERTITUDINE CA ADI ILIE SI GHIOANE VOR VENI LA NATIONALA

[15:59:26] <nake_florin> Domnule Piturca , puteti estima in procente care sunt sansele de calificare la CUPA MONDIALA DIN GERMANIA 2006 ale echipei nationale de fotbal a Romaniei ?
[15:59:40] <@VictorPiturca> NAKE - NU POT RASPUNDE IN PROCENTE, DAR NATIONALA ARE INCA SANSE DE CALIFICARE. SITUATIA NU E DEZASTRUOASA

[16:03:48] <rOCHOO> VETI CONVOCA JUUCATORI CARE NU EVOLUEAZA LA ECHIPELE DE CLUB?
[16:04:16] <@VictorPiturca> ROCHOO - SE POATE INTIMPLA SA CONVOC SI JUCATORI CARE NU EVOLUEAZA LA ECHIPELE DE CLUB. DEPINDE DE NECESITATI

[16:04:55] <PM666> abiodun e o solutie?
[16:05:16] <@VictorPiturca> PM666 - ABIODUN NU E ROMAN. PENTRU MINE, NU E O SOLUTIE

[16:09:27] <HellBoy20> VA FI LUAT MITEA LA NATIONALA MARE ??????
[16:09:41] <@VictorPiturca> HELLBOY - MITEA A MAI FOST LA NATIONALA MARE. E UN JUCATOR TINAR, DE MARE VIITOR. DEPINDE DE EVOLUTIILE SALE LA AJAX

[16:11:30] <mIrC34tm> Credeti ca sistemul 4-4-2 este cel mai ideal pt echipa nationala?
[16:11:45] <@VictorPiturca> MIRC - DA, 4-4-2 E SISTEMUL IDEAL PENTRU NATIONALA

[16:17:14] <hyrak> CATE PUNCTE VA PROPUNETI PENTRU MECIURILE CU OLANDA SI MACEDONIA ??
[16:17:39] <@VictorPiturca> HYRAK - CITE PUNCTE IMI PROPUN PENTRU MECIURILE CU OLANDA SI MACEDONIA? 6, NORMAL! DACA NU LUAM 6, LA REVEDERE!

[16:18:03] <Politim> VETI INTRA IN SILENTIO STAMPA DACA VETI FI CRITICAT?
[16:18:20] <@VictorPiturca> POLITIM - NICIODATA NU VOI INTRA IN SILENZIO STAMPA DACA VOI FI CRITICAT

[16:23:59] <mIrC34> D-VOASTRA AVETI CA OBIECTIV CALIFICAREA LA CUPA MONDIALA DIN GERMANIA SAU AVETI CA OBIECTIV EURO2008?
[16:24:10] <@VictorPiturca> MIRC - AM OBIECTIV CALIFICAREA LA EURO 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't like that he is going to recall Adrian Ilie who recently said that he can only play 30 minutes. Dorinel Munteanu is also licking around Piturca's ass recently a bit too much and he might get recalled too. I don't want the Golden Generation back, they are too old now all of them.

I also don't like that his main priority is qualification for EURO 2008 and not the World Cup. A win against Holland would put us level on points with them with potentially equal games played. That is not a bad thing. If the guy actually knows what he's doing he can qualify us for the World Cup.

#20 ·
Raven said:
I don't like that he is going to recall Adrian Ilie who recently said that he can only play 30 minutes. Dorinel Munteanu is also licking around Piturca's ass recently a bit too much and he might get recalled too. I don't want the Golden Generation back, they are too old now all of them.

I also don't like that his main priority is qualification for EURO 2008 and not the World Cup. A win against Holland would put us level on points with them with potentially equal games played. That is not a bad thing. If the guy actually knows what he's doing he can qualify us for the World Cup.
Well, I think sometimes it´s necessary the experience of some players (especially when Chivu, Mutu, Pancu...etc are out). It seems that the NT lack a bit of leadership...I don´t close the door to Munteanu (but I understand that he´s too old already) and especially to A.Ilie. Ilie is 30 years old and he´s still doing well. Figo and Zidane are older than him for example...so I think Ilie can be an option in the next games.

I think that the priority should be the WC2006 too. I don´t understand why he says it´s Euro2008. And I´m not so sure that the best formation for the NT is a rigid 4-4-2

Anyways I wish him good luck. I hope Piturca do the things better than Iordanescu.

HAI ROMANIA!

#23 ·
badanis said:
Some of the points that you guys mentionned are worrying me. If he`s not optimistic enough that we will be at the world cup he shouldn`t be our coach.Period. With an attitude like that we`re not gonna get much further then we did with Iordanescu.

Off course his contract is based on qualification for EC 2008 because to be realistic it's hard to qualify under this conditions. But he didn't say that he didn't believe in qualification for WC and that they've already gave up on that. He want's to qualify for WC in the first place. And like Piti said if they beat Holland and Macedonia they will be on the good road but it's just hard to do that so you can't make a contract in which you obligate him to qualify for WC under these circumstances. So let's hope they will qualify and if they don't let him build for the EC where we should be able to do great things with the young promising players that we have. Iordanescu has messed up so much that it's hard now. Armenia was a shame and we lost unnecesary from the Chechz they weren't doing great but Iordanescu played way too defensively. And these things made it for Piturca too difficult to obligate qualification for Germany. Let's be real, the times of the generation of Hagi are over our squad isn't as valuable as it was. The youngsters could bring those times back though.

#24 ·
Victor Piturca:

"Pentru mine, meciul cu Olanda a început deja. Azi am vorbit cu Cosmin Contra la telefon. Voi vorbi cu absolut toţi jucătorii români capabili să joace la naţională. O voi face telefonic sau mă voi duce acolo unde evoluează ei. Vreau să le arăt că e altceva acum"

"În februarie, înainte de meciul contra Slovaciei, o să-i chem pe toţi cei importanţi să discutăm. Le voi cere să-şi schimbe mentalitatea faţă de echipa naţională, le voi cere dăruire şi multă seriozitate. Nu va conta de cine sînt impresariaţi, de la ce cluburi vin, va conta doar forma lor în momentul selecţiei şi seriozitatea."

Well, I think that Piturca has at least good intentions and good ideas. Now, the players must give what the coach and the fans are asking.

#25 ·
If 4-4-2 means Cernat, Sanmartean, etc on the left we are in trouble. I would like to see Cernat in a free role for once, he hasn´t done that in the NT or in his team, he is not suited for the left.
And i have special hopes in Sanmartean, what i saw from him lately was excellent, if he can stay healthy(another one...) he can be really a boost for the team, but he is a playmaker and he must be used as one, so ifr Piturca is not willing to do it we will waste some of our greatest talents

#26 ·
Left = Mitea.

Centre... well if Pancu continues his form then it will have to be someone else. Cernat, Sanmartean as you say; probably Cernat.

-------------------Lobont-----------------
-Contra-------Radoi----Chivu----Razvan Rat-
-Dumitru---Ghioane/Dorinel---Pancu---Mitea-

This is how I predict the team to end up next year- injuries and suspensions allowing. I can't call the strikers because there are just too many that are about equal in what they can do for Romania. Marica, the Niculaes, Danciulescu, Neaga, Ilie, Ganea among the names.

I think Dumitru will be recalled straight away by Piturca and I won't be complaining. I would prefer Stoican but I don't think Piturca will consider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.