Xtratime Community banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
my brother likes games... atm he is playing dota 2.. my fav game ever was mech warrior and total annihilation kingdoms... special mention: battlefield 1942.. Rage Racer (PS)..

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
There is this game now on Stream called Planetary Annihilation

omg0JWIgJv4

It looks cool, but the price is 82 euro :eek:

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
I believe it's rated the best game of all time - I read that somewhere. Got 10/10 on 60 websites and the lowest score on the net was a 7.5/10
Doesn't mean squat, look at Bioshock Infinite scores.

Wysyłane z mojego HUAWEI U8815 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

·
Administrator
52,413 Posts
Everyone who has PS4.....Fucking hell, Death stranding might be the craziest game / interactive movie ever.

Just started playing it, this is creative insanity, Kojima is a artistic genius. Wtf, how the ****, someone hold me/Norman Reedus. I cant cope with this freaky rain.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,958 Posts
Hm, maybe it's one of those games that you have to play yourself to enjoy/understand.

I tried watching a bit of a guy streaming the gameplay and it looked insanely boring. Maybe I chose to tune in at a bad time, but it was like ten minutes of slowly walking across the desolate terrain followed by a few minutes of drinking Monster energy drinks(*). I tried skipping back through the stream to see if there was more to the game, but that was just more of the same, the guy slowly walking around or looking through menus. After that I gave up.

*No, not the obese basement dweller playing the game. The actual character in the game was slowly chugging down some Monster energy drinks.

·
Administrator
52,413 Posts
Hahaha, its unique and slow experience. I dont want to say too much since it might spoiler you. But its defenitely worth playing. But its not for everyone, they are basically inventing a new genre/gaming experience :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
creating a game that is basically a bunch of side mission fetch quests is not effectively creating a new gaming genre, Kojima has always been out to create the most anti-game game he can because his real love isn't for the medium but for movie making aspect of it (why his games are full of long ass cut scenes, attention to unnecessary details and now Hollywood guest stars), which might not be so bad if his writing wasn't nonsensical at best.

this is a quote that perfectly sums up this game for me "I'm very glad, genuinely, sincerely glad Kojima Productions got to make the game they wanted to make in Death Stranding. I'm also glad I've decided to stop playing it. It's annoying, and when it's not annoying it's boring. I'm sure there is an audience that love this, that likes the idea of a game where the general purpose of it, the general aim, is to walk without falling over. A game that wastes your time with extraneous details and little systems that don't really add to the fun of it, but are just there for realism or for intricacy's sake just to show off. basically a video game that doesn't respect your time because it's so in love with itself."

Konami might be assholes, but their oversight kept Kojima from becoming another Yu Suzuki and create a financial black hole with his overindulgence (Metal Gear having a huge fanbase didn't hurt either). And the video game media trying to make Death Stranding a bigger deal than it really is (oooh look how strange this is, it must be high art and the future of gaming) and show it as a financial smashing success is strange. The fact is that Death Stranding, with no competition at launch other than from CoD, sold 36% less than the badly advertised, buggy mess that was Days Gone, so Kojima turned on western gamers saying that they only love FPS games. The problem is that even though the game had the best launch in the current generation in Japan with over 185k sales, it topped at around 250k sales meaning that even in Japan Kojima's latest offering is for a niche base.

sorry, Kojima hate rant over 😅

101 - 114 of 114 Posts