Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw them yesterday, they don't look Adidas-like at all, black, with two yellow lines, looks like a Diadora, or like the brand of boots that Rivaldo wore in the 2002 World Cup (dunno the name of that too), but of course the one Rivaldo wore was white & blue,
they were about 71 pounds (107$), not that expensive for a pair of boots that's just been released :)

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
F50's?

i believe kewell is sporting them. i agree they are not too attractive. i believe cisse is also sporting them, a whole slew of other stars too. but i think the predators are much more stylish.

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure which players are sporting them, but they looked cheap, and they actually are cheaper than most other boots that have been just released, the Preds for example were more than 100 pounds when they were released, same for all new Nike boots, but maybe Adidas are trying to create a new line of boots, which are actually affordable, yet as good as the Predators..

with the Euro 2004 less than 6 months away, imo they should release a new Predators, as there will be many stars sporting Adidas products there, as Beckham, Zidane, Raul, Gerrard, Kahn, Ballack (well the whole German national team wears Adidas boots if I'm not mistaken) A. Del Piero, and many more, and trust me, the F50 or whatever they're called are not the boots suitable for such a huge tournament, and huge stars..

ps. did Umbro release a Xai 4? didn't like the Xai 3 that much, I liked the Xai 2, although the best boot I ever wore was the first ever Xai, had the best match of my life (that was 2 years ago :embarass: ) wearing them :proud:

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
i think they wanted the F50s to be huge

http://www.adidas.com/uk/campaigns/f50/
theyhave cisse, trezuget, crespo, saviola, and tristan wearing them

so i guess it is a striker's boot. but if u check that site, they will have a link to show local heros. cole/duff/kewell/dyer
respectively, arsenal/chelsea/liverpool/newcastle.

i think they will have another adidas for the Euro2004
this is the alternative line. i hope the new predators will be nice. imo, the newest ones are pretty nice already. red/black/white is the best one.

i haven't tried the xai's, but which is the one owen wears? they look ok, but i am a bit skeptical.

by the way, does gerrard sport the predators? as in a real contract with Adidas? i know he wears them but i'm not sure if they are on contract as they never show him on the websites.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
just saw the new predators

u can find them on www.adidas.com/ca

just click on soccer

excerpt:
"A newly engineered Predator Pulse, lightweight and flexible, now tells a power story as well as a swerve story. Worn by elite athletes world wide the Predator Pulse is recognized as a performance product.
Upper: K-leather for a great fit and ball feel combined with asymmetrical lacing for more kicking contact surface., Updated Predator technology application gives lighter weight with the same swerve youÂd expect.
Midsole/Outsole: Dual density heel counter for optimal fit, New split outsole with TRAXION firm ground cleats, Power Pulse in the forefoot distributes more weight to increase forward propulsion and increased power. "

imo they odn't look that good.

discuss

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
above is predator PULSE

this one is the Predator PULSION

"The take down of the Predator Pulse. Excellent price and value with Predator technology and the look of the Predator Pulse. Excellent quality for the best players.
Upper: Full-grain leather for a great fit and ball control combined with asymmetrical lacing for more kicking contact surface, Updated Predator technology application gives lighter weight with the same serve youÂd expect.
Midsole/Outsole: One piece outsole construction with TRAXION firm ground cleats."

they are not so expensive. i should have waited for the pulsions instead of getting Manado II. crap.
both have predator technology, both have asymmetrical lacing...
its just a difference in leather.

·
nomad
5,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
about Gerrard, I think he's under contract with Adidas, and I think he already shot 2 ads for them, but not sure..

about the new Preds, they look like cheap copies of the original predators :S.. after looking at the predator PULSE and it's brother Predator PULSION, the F50 doesn't look bad, looks more classy, and original :eek: (two-faced I'd say, was against the F50 first, then completely changed my mind about it :embarass: )

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
yes i agree, they look like shite. the Maniacs are a good looking shoe.

ps. i saw gerrard had switched to F50's for the Newcastle match, while Kewell has switched to Gunmetal Maniacs. are they allowed to switch whenever they want? imo, the F50's are pretty ugly on gerrard. his red/white/black maniacs was the reason i bought the manados lol.

·
Winter is Coming.
8,130 Posts
i think they probably will... whites anyone?
no offical word yet though.

on another thought, i noticed that Beckham was wearing the F50's for the weekend clash. i think the f50's will be the shoes for Euro. shame though, i love preds.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Falcão83

The F50 is the best adidas boot ever, I just bought it two weeks ago and I used it only once and happy with the result, I always had a bad idea about adidas boots that they are too heavy and thats the reason why I always trusted nike, but now I find them the same especially with F50. For me, I think the weights is the importan thing and there's nothing compared with Nike vapor, but you can find yourself esaily injured at the end of the game.
Vapor and F50 are the best boots:star:

Also I saw Solari, Vicente, Carizares and Del Piero (not sure) wearing F50.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yesterday I bought the new F50 and they are much better than my old Nike Mercurial Vapor which I have worn for more than 12 months. First I wanted to buy the white Predator boots, but they were not available any more in any shop in Cologne, so I decided to buy F50. Their look is awesome and this "back to basic" idea pleasures me a lot. :eek:

I have worn Nike boots for the last three years, but now I come back to Adidas. Mainly because of their look, but also because of their comfort.

Btw- what's the name of Rivaldo's boots sponsor? They are veeery nice aswell. ;)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Predator pulse is awesome!
March 1st will be the official date of launching but stevie G & Johnny wilkinson has make public appearance wif it already.

there is 3 colour but the black/red/white is the current colours
wait till euro 2004 the remaining colours will be out. let me attach some pics!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts