Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Marca Digital ( http://www.marca.es )

Real Madrid is said to officially announce this afternoon the transfer of Pedro Munitis.

Munitis' persistance of wanting to play for Real Madrid was the crucial factor for the transfer, that will cost the club 1.800 million ptas.

S

·
0 Posts
Where will he play. If we continue our 5-3-2 tactic we have Raul, Savio, Baljic and Solari for the left midfield position. What a waste of money, he lacks decent ball -control and rarely scores. It does seem as Baljic's days are numbered at Real. Baljic is more useful he can play left mid, left wing behind the front two and a striker too.

D

·
0 Posts
We're asking the same question sacchi, I haven't got the slightest idea why we have so many left wingers! Savio, Solari, Baljic, Cambiasso (he plays there for Independiente) and now Munitis! I suppose we'll have some of them play as Morientes' strike partner with Raul dropping back a little?

[Edited by dwMB on 11-07-2000 at 21:32]

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We all know that Baljic is most likely leaving the club.

Now, a wild thought just crossed my mind... Do you guys think that Savio might be leaving us too? The atmosphere is cloudy over that one... He is said to have asked for a new contract and nothing's been done yet (elections etc).

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong.

P

·
0 Posts
I've been concerned about that and think it's a real possibility (re: Savio).

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
This is worrying indeed, I would say even very worrying. Look at this, these are all players who can play on the left side of midfield now: (l) means left footer
SAVIO (l)
Baljic (l)
Solari (l)
Raul (l)
Guti
Redondo (l)
Rodrigo (l)
Cambiasso
McManaman

For me this is just some paranoya to buy another leftie, instead of rightie!:) I mean the right is just so weak:

McManaman
Geremi

and the latter may be leaving!!! Where do these guys have their brains? I heard Munitis may be well on his way to Deportivo for 9 mln $, and I hope this is the thing for him! We do not need him and this does unfortunately give the Savio specualtion some spice. I'm sure there would be many amateurs of Savio, because he is simply great and not that well known, so the price would be very low compared to his abilities:mad: I hope after the elections someone over there gives him a big raise, because they should realise this is one of theplayers who deserves it. Unlike many others mainly Nico Anelka.

P

·
0 Posts
Well, my friend, Munitis has officially signed (it seemed to snatch him out of the hands of Depor).

Also, Malaga is interested in buying Eto'o and del Bosque said he would wait until he sees Eto'o in training camp before he lets them know if he is available.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Yes, have just seen it! Now we have something like ten players for one position. Forgive me for saying this, but this just another reason to fire Sanz - you cannot expect great things from an idiot like him, it's that simple! What's gonna happen next, maybe we'll spend another 30 mln $ on Zenden and Overmars and end up woth 12 left wingers? Are these guys simply mad?! Savio is still IMo the best choice of the ones we have, but with Munitis that leaves no space for baljic, not even mentioning Solari!

I'm glad del Bosque is showing signs of sanity though, with this Eto'o thing.

P

·
0 Posts
I have a gut feeling that Solari will not see a Merengue jersey this season. Maybe he can be sold at a better price as someone else pointed out (I can't remember who).

Maybe Munitis being signed (which was the current director's signing and technically not Sanz, though I'm sure he adivsed him) is an exit for Savio. I mean, like I said before, he's been going on about his contract for some time without fruition and I think that they could get some nice money for him, so maybe that's their plan.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I said that about Solari, but it's just my wish. I agree with you that all this is just saying more and more that Savio may leave. And as I've said, i will be heartbroken. I love him even morew than Geremi:mad: But still the Munitis trabsfer is not finalised till after the elections and if perez wins i wonder if its legitimate? I still have hope and I disagree that we can get a fair price for Savio. I'd put him at something around 25 mln $, now I wonder how much we'll get for him, probably half:mad:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Savio won't leave. He is still rumored to be going to flamengo but denilson ended all that. Savo will stay. He is the most liked foreign player on real. Everytime he comes on, he is praised. Besides next year, we have the left flank of the millenium: R.Carlos, Savio and munitis.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Labas, sorry to dissapoint you, but it's official. It wasn't made by Sanz, but by the Official Real Madrid Management team (official up until the elections). Marca also commented that it was a transfer asked by the Training Team (meaning Pirri and del Bosque). Suppose they know anything more on the Savio matter? :) Ah, I don't think so, I'm sure it's all up to the next Club President.

P

·
0 Posts
This doesn't address the two issues of which he is not happy about: the pay and his use (not his preferred position). Are Real going to renegotiate his deal?

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Yeah, I've now seen it - it's official and furthermore the transfer was asked for by Pirri and del Bosque! What does all this mean? I am really amazed, because if there are two exactly identical players in the world that's SAVIO and MUNITIS. My choice for the better one is definitely the Brazilian, his big minus being he's non EU:mad: Elvir Baljic plays simular to them, but not exactly their style. Both Savio and Munitis are small left footed wingers, very quick with amazing dribbling skills. Now I do agree that 10 mln $ for Pedro isn't too much, but it wasn't some kind of huge bargain either! I am really shocked with this transfer, because IMo, as sad as it sounds, but I think Im gonna be the first one here to say it - Savio is leaving Real Madrid. Forgive me dear Savio for saying this, but I see no other explanation. The signings of Solari were a signal, and I think we've let it go, simply because we love him so much and understand his contribution to the team, unfotunately the board don't and have decided they're gonna stop giving raises right now. My answer is: FUC*K YOU! You guys are idiots, selling Savio is a huge error and for once I hope those fuc*kers burn in hell. Can anyone persuade me into believing I'm wrong here....I need some emotional back-up. Signing of a very sad and demised Patryk L. AKA labas:mad:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Calm down, labas, everyone here all appreciated Savio. And we didn't get any hint of his leaving from the media so far, so just take it easy (at least at present).
Munitis? I think we can loan him out first (if necessary)...he really has potential...so maybe we can use him later or sell him by a better price after he show strength in the competitions....

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I'm sorry, but sometimes you really bullsh*t real player. Pedro Munitis being loaned out?! Where do you live? LA, i know:) The guy is 27 years old and he didn't come to Real Madrid to be loaned out!:rolleyes: He is gonna either fight it out for the spot with Savio or Savio is simply gonna be sold. I am not panicing here at all, because the buying of Munitis is a serious matter. We can't keep on living in a dream world, thinking all our players are here forever. This buy in my mind honestly means that the brilliant Savio is leaving madrid after 3 excellent year, where I have learned to love him:( I simply cannot see four classic left wingers in one squad. I also cannot see Baljic being sold, because it would be just too much money down the drain, so now our stupid board of directors are getting rid of the great Savio:mad: Can anyone give me some sensible arguments that Savio is staying? The media isn't an argument, beause he doesn't have to leave right now, there's still over a month of time for all this to take place. I am pissed maximally:mad:

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah, I'm in full agreement with Labas on Savio and I echo his opinion that there is no way in hell Munitis would be loaned out!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! :mad::mad:
Why can't madrid get its brain on straight. We got more than enough midfielders!!! Go get a defender like a Thuram or Nesta for a change. :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts