Xtratime Community banner

9101 - 9120 of 9141 Posts

·
Registered
34,453 Posts
anyone see Phantom Thread? It was quite good.

There a lot of highly rated movies still around in theatres here prob because of upcoming oscars. any to suggest?
Yes saw it. Very good must be said. I think DDL is much better than that Oldman Churchill tv movie.

·
Registered
27,178 Posts
Seen the Icelandic film Fusi by Dagar Kari. Fusi is this middle aged guy who still lives with his mum and her boyfriend, and all his hobbies are quite childish. Still he has a full time job so he's not portrayed as a total loser. He's given dancing lessons as a birthday present, so he can get out a bit more socially and meet someone, and here he meets Sjofn, who isn't all she seems... hmm. But his life changes after this meeting, that's for sure. Gunnar Jónsson as Fusi is really great in the lead role.
This moivie seems interesting. I saw a Icelandic movie with a similar storyline a few years ago.

What's that Proof movie about?

·
Registered
43,223 Posts
On TV: Emmanuelle ;)
On DVD: Road to Perdition
On VHS: An old tape with FCK-Brøndby from 12th of May last year.
Cinema: Gangs of New York
lol

·
Registered
29,284 Posts
anyone see Phantom Thread? It was quite good.

There a lot of highly rated movies still around in theatres here prob because of upcoming oscars. any to suggest?
Yes saw it. Very good must be said. I think DDL is much better than that Oldman Churchill tv movie.
I'm looking forward to it and have resisted the temptation to seek out a shitty screener rip. It hasn't hit theaters over here yet.

·
Registered
42,474 Posts
@Serb

A blind guy Martin played by Hugo Weaving in one of his earlier roles is bitter and distrustful of people as during his childhood he felt his mother took advantage of his blindness one day (told him a gardener was raking leaves and Martin could hear nothing so assumed she was lying to him), and since then as an adult he'll take photos of the world around him and get people to describe the photo's individual details to him, and if what they say is consistent, he'll have some idea he can trust them. He lives with a housekeeper Celia who has rather obsessive feelings towards Martin and she also takes advantage of his handicap by rearranging the furniture and stuff... she's pretty psycho. But Martin knows pretty well how to manipulate her also. Eventually Martin comes to meet Andy and they become fast friends, and Martin grows to trust Andy more than anyone in his life. So yeah these three characters form the core of the movie. It has a dark sort of humor and a great soundtrack.

I've actually written about the movie before.

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Does anybody know movies like Lilya 4-ever or the Pusher Trilogy? Like dark and gritty movies where the horrific scenes actually look real and not stylized?

·
Registered
29,284 Posts
Does anybody know movies like Lilya 4-ever or the Pusher Trilogy? Like dark and gritty movies where the horrific scenes actually look real and not stylized?
Hanneke films have flashes of that stuff.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Moving away, watch a documentary called Operation Odessa. Such a fun ride.

Thank me later with a Trump mattress

·
Registered
42,474 Posts
Today I saw this pretty good Korean movie about this young woman who wants to be a reporter, she has a very close relationship with her father, one day she goes to the cinema with her friends to see this movie that's based on a real life abduction case, and during the film she's shocked as the abductors real voice is played via a recording, and it sounds an awful lot like her father's.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Watch Memories of Murder

·
Registered
43,223 Posts

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
The Chaser
Man from Nowhere