Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion, the most underappreciated keeper in Germany is Andreas Reinke.

When you think about it, he concedes fewer goals that almost everyother keeper in the league, although much credit needs be given to Werder's back four.

Who, in your opinion, is the most underappreciated keeper in teh bundesliga?

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
While they aren't necessarily the most underappreciated goalkeepers in Germany, I think BVB's Roman Weidenfeller and Hannover's Robert Enke deserve a bit more attention than they are getting. Enke actually got a lot of favorable attention while still at Mönchengladbach, but then he kind of fell off the radar screen during his time at Benfica and brief stint with Barça. Hopefully, he'll be able to bounce back. Weidenfeller, too, is one to watch for the future.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
The achievement of winning the championship last season can be considered a new age miracle cause they won it with Reinke between their posts ;)

Not really underappreciated, but rightfully rated as one of the less good german keepers, to put it politely :tongue:

Enke was magnificient IMO with Gladbach before he moved to Portugal (considering his young age)... in England and some other countries he would have probably been the rooney-between-the-posts at those times considering the wide-spread lack of any quality keepers, esp. on the isle.

Right now I was a bit suprised that it wasn't Enke that had been called up for the Asia trip of the German NT (with Lehmann and Hildebrand not available) but Jentzsch.

Weidenfeller was pure crap in his early Dortmund times, but now at least managed to send the even worse keeper Warmuz to where he belongs, on the bench.

All in all, I dont think we have a lot of un-appreciated keepers in Germany in the sense of good keepers that are considered crap. Maybe Pannen Oli Reck was one in the past. Right now we have quite a bunch of good decent keepers in the German league, maybe only Seria A can compete with the German league in this category.

Damn, if we were to field 10 keepers and just 1 field player in the game instead of doing it vice-versa, Germany and Italy would be playing for the upcoming WorldCups alone ;)

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Why are such cock-up merchants like Kahn and Lehman in the German NT when Hildebrand & Butt seem so much better?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Psycho said:
The achievement of winning the championship last season can be considered a new age miracle cause they won it with Reinke between their posts ;)

Not really underappreciated, but rightfully rated as one of the less good german keepers, to put it politely :tongue:
Agree with you 100% on Reinke... :tongue: ;)

He was really horrible in Lautern times, but well in Murcia(voted best keeper in segunda(ok, not so hard... :rollani: ;I )), now fewer errors than earlier times...

Underrated (well not really, perhaps a bit) are Schober (Rostock) and Schäfer (Nürnberg) perhaps. Fiedler from Hertha is good, too. Well even Hain (Bielefeld) and Wache(Mainz) are not bad. :D

We never had a goalie-problem... :D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
You have so many good goalkeepers. Besides Kahn and Lehmann (good?) you have Hildebrand and Reinke and the underrated maybe Fiedler, Enke, Weidenfeller. On top of that you also have Tim Wiese, who I personally think is a very good goalkeeper. Same goes for Frank Rost, who I think is pretty good as well. All these GK's would walk into the national side without a problem really.

Look at what Holland has got. The only world class goalkeeper is Van Der Sar. :eek:

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Rost would be my choice for most under-appreciated keeper in Germany. Unbelievable that he didn't get more caps, he's been a constant performer for years (unlike certain other NT goalies).
I'd also say Van Duijnhoven, but I don't think anyone in Bundesliga is still underrating him. And Tim Wiese, your keeper for 2008, whether you want it or not. ;)

Reinke, on the other hand, is nowhere near most of the other goalkeepers, that got mentioned in this thread.

·
Banned
3,469 Posts
Swap you Hildebrandt for David James

1 - 10 of 10 Posts