• Management

Votes: 8 18.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Real sent me an a pm requesting a poll to determine which player have not played up to their potential. I thought that this would be a good idea since we are voting on Player of the month we can also determine which players have not full filled their potential
This can also reflect coaching tactic or front office moves

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Humm you should write an option like this:

everybody is doing fine

Raul : getting better in the last two months
Ronaldo: He s been awesome
Zidane : the maestro nuff said
Figo : He looked better than last year
Beckham: Nice passes and great work rate
Roberto Carlos : Had some bad games but he s human
Helguera : Been move too often out of position, not his fault
Pavone : Its Pavon :tongue: I know you want an italian defender
but.... he is still young give him time
Salgado : Best season in Real Madrid jersey
Bravo; He aint Nesta but he s doing o.k.
Casillas : Second best goalie in the world according to IFFS

Tell Real Madrid front Office WE Want a Defenseman and a damn good one

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alter Ego said:
Humm you should write an option like this:

everybody is doing fine

Raul : getting better in the last two months
Ronaldo: He s been awesome
Zidane : the maestro nuff said
Figo : He looked better than last year
Beckham: Nice passes and great work rate
Roberto Carlos : Had some bad games but he s human
Helguera : Been move too often out of position, not his fault
Pavone : Its Pavon :tongue: I know you want an italian defender
but.... he is still young give em time
Salgado : Best season in Real Madrid jersey
Bravo; He aint Nesta but he s doing o.k.
Casillas : Second best goalie in the world according to IFFS

Tell Real Madrid front Office WE Want a Defenseman and damn good one
long day at work and not feeling to bright:dazed:
:sleepy: :rollani:

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
After seeing the options on the poll and reading AE's response (which I pretty much agree with) the most disspointing player has to be........Guti He didn't even make the list? :rolleyes: He is now complaining to the press that he wants to be consider in Che's poll :tongue: becuase he is a galactico and deserves to be there :D

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
barça said:
he wants to be consider in Che's poll :tongue: becuase he is a galactico and deserves to be there :D
correction! this is Real poll.
I'm just the messenger, Mr. Guti please direct your complaint at Real.:smileani:

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

i'm sorry, but for me the underachieve player so far is raul.
maybe he is playing off position, maybe he has personal life problems, maybe just a tough luck.
but the truth is, he is not playing good all this season.
in fact, i'll go further and say, since all this "galacticos" shit had started (1-2 seasons ago), he is not himself.
i want the 1999 raul back !!!!
________
Coach handbags

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
sagyv said:
i'm sorry, but for me the underachieve player so far is raul.
maybe he is playing off position, maybe he has personal life problems, maybe just a tough luck.
but the truth is, he is not playing good all this season.
in fact, i'll go further and say, since all this "galacticos" shit had started (1-2 seasons ago), he is not himself.
i want the 1999 raul back !!!!
Amen

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
we look much more heavily on our captain.
but sadly, it seems to change to be pressure on him.
ronie actually covers over raul more and more fully.
maybe raul is a victim under perez's policy.

as remembered, pavon's debut was against barca.
i can't deny in my mind pavon was the first man who could froze rivaldo best!
his good form could occur only with experienced heirro? no doubt he is getting worse and worse and is losing confidence.

the third is either portillo and solari.
solari is not that stable and portillo is dreaming all the season.
they should be given more chance to prove themselves though.

barça said:
After seeing the options on the poll and reading AE's response (which I pretty much agree with) the most disspointing player has to be........Guti He didn't even make the list? :rolleyes: He is now complaining to the press that he wants to be consider in Che's poll :tongue: becuase he is a galactico and deserves to be there :D
don't complain at me. :eek: you can vote The Bench Players and say who. ;)

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
If you want to know why Raul has been playing like shit? simply because the balls are not going to him and neither to Ronaldo, Zidane is great when he wants to play great, while Beckham is a good player but he creates a burden to the team, just read the interview Helguera gave. The only reason RM is doing fine is because Ronaldo has been playing good and Zidane now and then decides to play.

Fact is the player that had the easyest time from the fans is making their team play a little worse. And Raul should be a bit smart and stop running so much, its not like he will make a difference he should stick close to Ronaldo and work with him more.

My picks

Beckham (out of position will only play his best once Figo leaves)
Raul
Helguera (he was once great DM? hehe great player beater today)

On a bright side Salgado is no longer the weak link in RM

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
barça said:

:howler: :howler: :howler: ..But true..Raul Is really under achieving...all the best for him...

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
If players must be compared with their real self, the no doubt, Raúl is far from his best form this year. Always useful, always smart and so often decisive, he's not so brilliant as he used to

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
There's no question, the more galacticos, the less freedom Raul revieces. The Raul of '99 was just something else. By far the best forward in Europe that year, no one even came close, he was brilliant. Even last year without Beckham, he was awesome.

Now you can see even when a couple of the stars are out he steps up and plays great.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Guti: I think the question is, is he underachieving today? Or was he just overachieving for those couple of years (really just a year and a half) when he was rotated into the forward lineup?

I tend to think he was overachieving. His physical skills and ball skills are simply are not that sharp that he can be a consistent first team player on our squad.

Underachiever though is Raul. Hierro used to call him "El Crack Mental" for his supreme mental focus. I just don't see him focused this year. Sure he doesn't get the ball, but so what? He's always been a poacher and he's not supposed to be given the same service as the centerforward.

I always said that the testament to Raul's skill is not that he scored 20+ goals when he was the CF with Morientes. In fact, I rather thought that was average. What impressed me far more is that he scored 14 goals when he was playing behind Suker and Mijatovic. This is what I expect from Raul. To be a viable threat from outside the CF position.

But more disturbingly, I don't see why he cant score with this current set up. It's really that it seems that his head is somewhere else.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Great point MAD, and i add my vote to Raul as well. He could be the second top scorer but this isn't the Raul we know, the Raul other teams fear..but i want to discuss this more in another thread.

Portillo could be suffering from some of the factors effecting Raul this year. Granted, he isn't playing much, but he wasn't last year and still scored so many goals...he didn't get any this season i believe!!

third is Zidane, just over Roberto Carlos, because i expect alot more from Zidane. He is just losing the ball much more then usual.

·
Registered
55,811 Posts
maybe i will be the only one but i think roberto carlos is very classy, if i have to pick a foreigner, my first choice would be him. also beckham impressed me a lot this season.
but as i am a completly fan of zidane, i gonna put him over the others:) and it's not chauvinism for once, really i think he is the best of the bests.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Sagvy brought a very interesting point and that of Raul not being the brillant deadly player he was before this whole Galactico saga started. I'm simply wondering couldt he fact of being relegated to the position of being a star after being the star of the team has had any psychological and subconscious impact on Raul.

What do you people think?

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

San Siro said:
I'm simply wondering couldt he fact of being relegated to the position of being a star after being the star of the team has had any psychological and subconscious impact on Raul.

What do you people think?

Cheers.;)
that and his personal problems (as we see now).
i said it many times before, do not be suprised if raul will want to leave at the end of this season.
________
Sj?gren's syndrome forums

·
Registered
462 Posts
Why would he want to leave Real Madrid? Because he is not the main center of attention as he used to be? Raul is our symbol, don't forget that, I saw this post about Raul Madrid, with all respects, it doesn't make sence at all, it's team work my friend, it's not just about liking a team for one player.:star:

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Real_Galactico said:
Why would he want to leave Real Madrid? Because he is not the main center of attention as he used to be? Raul is our symbol, don't forget that, I saw this post about Raul Madrid, with all respects, it doesn't make sence at all, it's team work my friend, it's not just about liking a team for one player.:star:
I agree, it seems to be a syndrom around here. when players are not playing at top form, we automatically assume that they are unhappy and want to leave.

Is it possible that the season is long, too many games, dealing with a hectic personal life. Dealing with family, nicks and bruises and fighting the common cold?

These are the things that I deal with, not sure why it would be no different for the players. It seems that we tend to believe the impossible as the possible. maybe the lack of form could be one of the above senarios. Than again that would be too boring to believe.:rolleyes:

BTW- Zizou season hasnt been his most stellar, maybe he had a boyle lanced and it freakin hurts or better yet he jealous of Guti!

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Go

Che said:
I agree, it seems to be a syndrom around here. when players are not playing at top form, we automatically assume that they are unhappy and want to leave.
i actually thought about this (raul leaving) the day ronaldo came.
the whole morientes insult, seemed to affect raul.
i realy hope i'm wrong.
i will not be able to see raul playing for any other team.
________
Expert insurance

1 - 20 of 20 Posts