Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
bad non-call: O'Brien's (USA) handball in the penalty box against mexico was a pretty bad one...but the ref was blind and didn't see it...how about the lineman?? did he fall asleep or something??? :eek: that was the worst non-call i have ever seen...

bad call: wilmots's goal against brazil should have been counted and it was to me actually valid...however, the ref waved it off... i had no idea why he disallowed that goal...it was by far the worst call in this WC...

·
International
8,545 Posts
I think the worst call was the Mexican penalty against Croatia. Zivkovic clearly got all ball and the Mexican dived quite well, horrible call.

The worst non-call would be Vieri's goal against Croatia. He nailed Simunic in the area so was wide open for the head, the foul was as clear as day.

:D

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Ivo...look at the replay again...like I've been doing of that Mexico game. Zivkovic had a line to the ball, but rather than playing the ball he played the man first and cost us the game as well as cost himself a spot on the first 11....it was a good call.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Damn, I was hoping to send the Italians into a fury with my worst non-call. Oh well, I'm sure a couple of them will still rage:fero:

:D

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Worst Call: The Brazilian PK against Turkey! If neither the linesman or ref can even spot where the player was standing, something is seriously wrong! :fero:

Non-Call: O'Brien playing volleyball not football and not being called for it :eek:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I think the worse call made was the red card totti was given for allegedly diving in the box when there was clear contact and the ref was at least 35 yards behind the ball.

Worse non call. I am American but we got lucky with O'brien. But I am looking at it as a sign the last time a hand ball like that went unnoticed argentina won the world cup !!!

A few other bad calls disallowing both italy goals against crotia , disallowing donovans goal against poland. Penalty againt agoos against south korea.

I am going to say something about the pk brazil was awarded against turkey that no one will probabally agree with me but oh well. I think that any time a player is in alone on the keeper and he is pulled down on purpose like that , there should be a penalty awarded. Especially if the foul was that close to the box. I mean its not like he was 5 yards away from the box , it was 1 yard at most. That is just my opinion.

·
Registered
384 Posts
though im italian the worst non call had top be rivaldo's dive against turkey.......the linesman was a yard away and he didn't see a thing

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Damn it Jure !!

You ruined a perfectly good chance to take the piss out of the zabari.

Don't worry IVO, we'll get them yet :fero: :D ;)

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
De Zerbi said:
though im italian the worst non call had top be rivaldo's dive against turkey.......the linesman was a yard away and he didn't see a thing
I totally agree with you. Further more, after watching today's game against England I think Fifa let him off too lightly. A two game ban would have done the trick. After getting the poor Turk sent off he was diving every-where at the slightest touch against Engalnd.

What a gay bastard.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts