Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
43,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know that glorious moment in between sleep and waking up. It lasts for few seconds, may be even less. You are not sleeping anymore but you are not really awake yet either. many writers have expressed this in great details. Among the best of them Marcel Proust.
I woke up today, this morning, and while still in that gap of time, i had that weird feeling. There was something missing, something strange. It was not a feeling of pain, but of a loss. At the same time, it was also a feeling of relief, shall i say release, may be even liberation - of some calmness after the storm. I cant say that was or wasn't a direct result of Milan's last game. For that we will need Proust, Dr. Freud or at least wait till Dr Manuel is back from San Siro. But it was a distinct feeling I havent had in ages.
Then I woke up fully, and my head was full with my life again. Work, family, Milan, etc.
It was a weird morning. But also quite a sharp one. You know ...

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
It was a weird one for me. Last night, I went to sleep and was out as if I had a comma. This morning unlike other morning which takes me minutes, sometimes over an hour to wake up, I opened my eyes as it had been 100 years already.

·
Registered
16,113 Posts
I know what you mean bono... similar feelings for me too. Last night I was naturally feeling down that the adventure was over, disappointed like we all were. Losing fairly and to a team that were superior over 180 mins actually softened the blow. The night/morning after other events (like th 05 final) were far worse mentally.

My mind was racing last night, found it difficult to fall asleep. Was playing through team moves in my head... Pirlo to Kaka, Kaka makes a run, Pato moves into space... stupid stuff like that. Woke up early today with disappointment still lingering albeit with a certain tranquility and positive hope for the future.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I haven't gone to sleep yet. Match started at 6:45am for me.

·
Registered
935 Posts
This morning, I was singing to myself, Inno Milan, I believe in our management, I believe in our President, I believe in the rossonero spirit!

Lift up your heads all Milan fans around the world, this team will be back and bring fear to eveyone. with Pato and Kaka, the future is ours

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
The wierd thing is that personally I have had that feeling about the team for months. Last night was just the actual act to the feeling that Milan was not really Milan.
Yes, it is incredibly odd feeling not to be fighting for some sort of trophy and it is only March 5th. Sad really, but then other than a couple of great performances this season I have not enjoyed watching this team play at all. I watch because it is Milan and that is what I do every weekeend, but far and few between were teh performances that left me on high for the next few days and eagerly awaiting the next match. If anything, the feeling was more like visiting some family friend. nice people and all, but you spend 2 hours waiting for it to be over.

I have no idea where this team will be next season. A few times in the last 20 years, Milan has managed to bring in some great talent at the right time to make a new vision of the team (the dutchmen.....the Kluivert et al gang(obviously a failure but a nice try) and then Nesta, Costa and Inzaghi). It can happen, but management need to be assertive and make things happen. They can't just assume players will come to Milan because we are Milan.

That said; it is a very strange feeling knowing the team is essentially out of meaningful football for the rest of season. 4th place is important, but hardly meaningful or memorable.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
All great things come to an end. Right now I sense a good sense or revival in the players' comments and even the management.
I wouldn't call it the end of an era, the team's back bone will be the same. I am not too unhappy, man, we've had it as good as it gets and I am sure in a year or two (or maybe a few more) it will continue to be the same.

For next year, we will need to get higher quality players.
Before what we called Milan 1 and Milan 2 were both two almost equally strong squads (Ambro for instance, was in Milan 2). We need that, our bench is absolute horse shit for a team like Milan, and as we all agree age is also taking its toll (even though Paolo was our best player by far yesterday)

Better days will come, and I look at the future with excitement. Of course, I am done watching the CL until the final.

·
Registered
43,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The wierd thing is that personally I have had that feeling about the team for months. Last night was just the actual act to the feeling that Milan was not really Milan.
Actually I dont think that was the same one feeling I had in the morning. ;)

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
I got a goodnite sleep. We will crush ROMA and then go for LA DECIMA, oh wait wrong forum :D:D:D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Actually I dont think that was the same one feeling I had in the morning. ;)
Sorry, perhaps I should have quoted Proust, you pompous euro-trash wannabe. :tongue:

You mentioned a sense of relief and I kind of feel the same. That is what I was talking about with this Milan not really being Milan; its just an old picture of what worked before. And it worked great, but as usual we hold onto things until they are practically embarassing themselves...which is what this season is, imo. The football being played is not inspired, nor creative nor effective. I think the players all still care and love the team. Its not up to players to change lineups and replace pieces or provide options.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
wrong forum, wrong thread and wrong post! Actually - do you ever do anything right? :tongue:
Is that a trick question? :D:D:D
I hear my doggy style is pretty good :D

·
Registered
43,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry, perhaps I should have quoted Proust, you pompous euro-trash wannabe. :tongue:

You meant Euro snob, didnt you? Feking Yankee wanna be! :D

The less is closer and closer ...

·
Premium Member
24,062 Posts
1 - 20 of 63 Posts