Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The number of great, successful coaches formed at Milan is simply amazing if not mind blowing. Some of the most successful coaches not only currently in activity but also of all time, have been formed in Milan or have been former Milan players.

First all, in a choronological order, Il Barone Liedholm. Took Milan to the Stella in 78 :proud::star: and then, formed Roma's best ever team in the early to mid 80's climaxing with a Scudetto in 83 and a Champions CUp final lost undeservedly at home in penalties against the great Liverpool.

Cesarone Maldini. Cesarone's major achievements in coaching were with the Under 21 of Italy with which he won if my memory is correct 3 consecutive European Title in the early 90's. Then lead Italia to the 1/4 finals of the 98 WC losing on penalties to the eventual Champions, France. ;)

Walter Novellino, part of the Milan team that won the Star in 78, has now been a solid coach in Serie A for a few years now.

Giovanni Trappattoni, the most winningest coach ever in Italy and probably in the world has been formed in the Milan school!:stuckup: Winning more than 22 titles with Milan, Juve, Inter, Bayern, Sporting Lisbon and now Benfica. A monument of world football despite his results with Gli Azzuri not being the best.

Fabio Capello. Don Fabio was formed in the Finnivest firm as a manager before being given the charge of Milan's youth, and even an interim job as Milan coach before the appoitment of Sacchi in 87. And then took charge of Milan in 91-92 and the rest is history and we all know it: Gli Invincibili was a creation of Don Fabio. 4 Scudetti in 5 years plus 3 straight CL finals with 1 win (2 undeserved losses...:sob: ). Everywhere he has gone, he has brought success. Ask Real and Roma. Now at Juve, I hope that his run would stop.

Carlo Ancelotti. Carletto first coached Reggina with whom he helped them reach Serie A, then coached Parma and Juve before reaching his greatest achievements with the team of his heart: :star: MILAN :star:
winning a Champions League, a Scudetto, a Coppa Italia, an Italian Super Cup, a European Super Cup, in fact everything save the Intercontinenal...
And counting...:stuckup::devil:

Ruud Gullit. Il Tulipano Nero coached Chelsea winning an FA Cup and a European Cup Winners Cup with them!:proud:

Frank Rijkaard Franky has coached the Dutch National Team during Euro 2000 and was unlucky not to reach the final. Then, has been at the charge of Barça and has helped the Catalan giants regain some of their prestige by having again a great team able to conjugate together winning with attractive football. :thmbup:

Mauro Tassotti Has been the Milan Primavera coach for a few years with which he has won the Viareggio Tournament 2 years in a row (the most prestigious club Youth tournament in the world). For the past 3 years, he has been the assistant of Carletto and would soon be either Milan's coach after Carletto leaves for la Nazionale or Il Tasso could have other opportunities elsewhere. However, we all want him to remain at home, where he belongs!:stuckup:

Franco Baresi. Il Capitano has also been coaching the Milan Primavera for a while now and his chance at coaching a club is about to come. However, again, the dream would be to see him coaching the club of his heart, his home, his family, Milan. :stuckup:

Roberto Donadoni Luci a San Siro, the man who has illuminated la Scala del Calcio has started his coaching career rather successfully. He helped Livorno reach the Serie A and is now back at Livorno. Auguri Roberto! (but after the Milan match :stuckup::tongue: ;)

Other Milan players who could become coaches are Billy Costacurta, Pippo Inzaghi, Ringhio Gatusso[/b] and of course, Cuore di Drago San Paolo Maldini. :stuckup:

It's just mind buggling the amount of players who have become great coaches being formed at Milan!:stuckup: I'd like to know if there's any other club in the world with such a tradition than Milan on this. Another reason and aspect that is part of Milan's tradition. An uncomparable tradition, unmatched and unmatchable. As simple as that!:stuckup:

If I have forgotten any other coaches formed at The Milan School of Excellence, please fill it in. :)

MILAN, UNA TRADIZIONE DI SUCCESSI. UNA TRADIZIONE DI ECCELENZA!
:stuckup:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Inzaghi or Gatusso never struck me as coaches. Costacurta would do well as one I am sure, Maldini is unlikely to coach as he said so himself but I hope he changes his mind.

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Sheva is another person whom I think will probably take up coaching when his playing days are over. He'll start his coaching career with Dinamo Kiev, before taking over the Ukranian NT and finally with :devil: Milan :devil:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If my memory is not playing tricks on me, Chico Evani is also coaching in the lower divisions in Italy. Presidente, can you confirm that?:)

Cheers.;)

P.S. Thanks Genio :thmbup: for having reminded me that Il Swan and Il Genio are also coaches of their respective NT's. How could I forget that?:embarass:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Speaking of other Milan players with potential to become great coaches, we cannot forget Deme Albertini. He was a kind of coach inside the pitch. His tactical astuteness , awareness and intelligence would definitely make him a great coach!:thmbnup:

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ilgenio said:
Sheva is another person whom I think will probably take up coaching when his playing days are over. He'll start his coaching career with Dinamo Kiev, before taking over the Ukranian NT and finally with :devil: Milan :devil:
:thmbup::star:

Pirlo is also another with good coaching potential as well as Ambro. :star:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Great thread Payman :star: :cool: :star:

William Vecchi is our GK's trainer right now :star:

Evani is training our youngsters, as former Milan players Angelo Colombo, Filippo Galli, Stefano Eranio and Maldera senior :star:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Quivering said:
Pippo has said he wants to train (as opposed to coach) Milan youngsters.
IMO this is great :star: cause Pippo will know how to give them the "sacred fire" :star: I can't think of anybody better than Pippo for this task. :thmbup:

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Diavolo said:
IMO this is great :star: cause Pippo will know how to give them the "sacred fire" :star: I can't think of anybody better than Pippo for this task. :thmbup:
He can also give a good clinic on diving. :D Jokes I love Pippo Inzaghi he's a great guy.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
if anyone will make a great coach it will be Maldini....Baresi i think can be one of the best, the way he saw the game should make coaching a breeze for him

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
Even though many times players we'd expect to be great coaches euther suck or just don't like it, to me it's just impossible not to see Alessandro Costacurta as a future coach. He even has got the looks of a coach, the patience, the voice; a Carletto in the making.

Maldini seems an obvious choice, but Billy just strikes me as a future manager, dunno why. Albertini is my second guess.

·
Registered
40,672 Posts
ilgenio said:
Not forgetting van Basten and Savicevic have also coached their national teams :stuckup:
Il Genio's reign as coach of the Serbian NT can be summed up in the following smiley: :wallbang:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts