Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1091 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always wondered why we never had this type of thread.

So anyway, its going to be some 10 days before we see Serie A action again, so in the meantime we should fill our lives with international football.

We have 13 players on international duty this week:

Italy: Gianluca Zambrotta and Andrea Pirlo

Brazil: Thiago Silva, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Alexandre Pato

England: David Beckham

Czech Republic: Marek Jankulovski

Ukraine: Andriy Shevchenko

Switzerland: Phillipe Senderos

France: Yoann Gourcuff

Italy U-21: Davide Di Gennaro and Alberto Paloschi

I could be missing some others though, but I don't think so.

I am particularly looking forward to seeing Di Gennaro and Paloschi play. I don't think we've seen two U-21 Milan players lately eh?

Also hope Kaka's minutes are restricted, I really doubt he's ready for Brazil after seeing him against Napoli. Thiago Silva is also in line to start the game so that should be good :thumbsup: Probably Luis Fabiano or Adriano will start ahead of Pato though :groan:

Forgot to mention that I'm disappointed Flamini didn't get a call up :(

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
So where's Darmian and the other defender that played for the U-21. Is Darmian that bad that he doesn't even get called up? I just hope Pato and Kaka don't get injured. Couldn't care less about these internationals, I was lookin forward to Lecce this weekend but... :yuck:

·
Scudetto
23,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the times I've seen Darmian I've never been impressed. I really don't know what all the hype around him was about. Maybe they just needed someone to talk up.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
But he was the captain of the junior Italian team, if I recall right. How can the captain not be good enough?

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
He hasn't developed imo, du eot lack of games. Albertazzi looked good in u19 during Summer.

·
Registered
15,632 Posts
When is the U21-game? It seems like Paloschi and Di Gennaro will be starting according to the Gazzetta and I would very much like to see that :)

·
Scudetto
23,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh actually I forgot about him but then I realized I put in Paloschi and Di Gennaro.. ;)

Yeah right :D

·
Scudetto
23,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Apparently Kaka got injured again in training with Brazil :wallbang:

It seems nothing serious though, and the chance of him playing this weekend is 50%.

I really don't have a good feeling about this :(

·
Scudetto
23,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually left out Darmian. He will be sitting on the bench tonight according to Gazzetta.

They say:

Fiorillo

Crescenzi-Ranocchia-Ariaudo-Renzetti

Poli-Bolzoni-Barilla

Pasquato-Di Gennaro

Paloschi​

Bench:

Seculin
Bellusci
Darmian
Malomo
Castiglia
Cia
Immobile

Di Gennaro and Paloschi have been assigned the #10 and #9 as well :thumbsup:

Meanwhile Zambrotta did not participate in Italy's training session today as a precaution.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Shall we name this as the Italian U-21 thread?

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
I always wondered why we never had this type of thread.

So anyway, its going to be some 10 days before we see Serie A action again, so in the meantime we should fill our lives with international football.

We have 13 players on international duty this week:

Italy: Gianluca Zambrotta and Andrea Pirlo

Brazil: Thiago Silva, Ronaldinho, Kaka and Alexandre Pato

England: David Beckham

Czech Republic: Marek Jankulovski

Ukraine: Andriy Shevchenko

Switzerland: Phillipe Senderos

France: Yoann Gourcuff

Italy U-21: Davide Di Gennaro and Alberto Paloschi

I could be missing some others though, but I don't think so.

I am particularly looking forward to seeing Di Gennaro and Paloschi play. I don't think we've seen two U-21 Milan players lately eh?

Also hope Kaka's minutes are restricted, I really doubt he's ready for Brazil after seeing him against Napoli. Thiago Silva is also in line to start the game so that should be good :thumbsup: Probably Luis Fabiano or Adriano will start ahead of Pato though :groan:

Forgot to mention that I'm disappointed Flamini didn't get a call up :(
Kaka and company will be playing against my country this sunday. I hope we whype the floor with them, but that aside, in the altitude of Quito (and the good but not great pitch) of the stadium, I would surely not put kaka to that strain if he is at 50/50.

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
playing on that altitude is against human logic by the way ;) Nepal should play their games few hundred meters below Everest. They can organize a World Cup there and will surely win it.

·
Registered
15,632 Posts
No it doesn't work for me either :moan:

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
playing on that altitude is against human logic by the way ;) Nepal should play their games few hundred meters below Everest. They can organize a World Cup there and will surely win it.
Like it mattered when we played you that one time on sea level, and we have beaten every single eastern european team we have ever faced,except for Poland once in a friendly. Little did it matter when we played them off the pitch in germany 2 months later.
http://new.standartnews.com/archive/2002/03/29/english/sport/index.htm

We would have a shot at beating Brazil at sea level, we choose to play at altitude because thats where the capital is and because of the advantage. And my dear zingaro, you are supposed to be the hippie here and the one that roots for the underdog, stop complaining.

·
Registered
15,632 Posts
Yeah it's quite a sight when a polar bear suddenly runs onto the pitch and starts chasing the ball. Ah the memories :smileani:

1 - 20 of 1091 Posts