Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is pretty much obvious for everyone.Our midfield this season has been very very very low compared to our other positions.We have lacked creativity,mostly because Dalmat has been injured for almost the whole seasoon.We really need him back soon if we are gonna have a chance for winning the Scudetto.I believe that when we get our midfield in control,we can step up one or two gears and REALLY be able to beat the big teams as well.

We uses a system where we play two offensive wingers and two defensive central midfielders.The central midfielders has worked splendid where Cristiano and Di Biagio has worked really well togheter.I am very glad that Di Biagio has found his old self again,where he at the second half of last season and the first matches of this season was very poor.This has to do with that he has gotten a partner that has a bigger job than what he has.Di Biagio is from now on,the full ballwinner.The kind of player that Cauet was for us for some years,but Di Biagio is better technically gifted than Cauet which makes him a better player for our system.Cristiano on the other hand has taken the role as the defensive playmaker.He lies a bit more forward than what Di Biagio does,and controls the ball more.But he´s still very defensive.

We are supposed to build our game surrounding the wingers and that they are supposed to make crosses into Vieri.This is where our play fails.We do not play those wingers that can do this job.Guly has sucked real bad this season and makes one good cross per game.That is far too little for being a player that you are supposed to build the game on.His lack of pace makes him very vulnerable on the left side as Cristiano has to numberous of times per match go from his central position into a left flank position and cover up his defending there,which makes the central position more openly.
On the right flank we don´t have any problems when it comes to defending,since Zanetti is kicking some serious butt as a right back and covers up perfectly when the right winger isn´t around.The right winger that this season has mostly been Conceiçao since Dalmat has been missing.Conceiçao has been underperforming and hasn´t been that offensive weapon that we thought he would be.That makes our right wing another weak link with him there as long as Conceiçao can´t deliver the crosses that we so desperately need.

So what is the solution then? For me playing Dalmat right and Recoba left is the best solution at this moment.But first Dalmat has to come back to full fitness and Recoba need to show he is capable of playing as a left winger.But if Conceiçao finds form and is back as the player he was with Lazio,then he should remain as a right winger and we move Dalmat to a left wing position.Dalmat´s versitality is one of the biggest weapon we are having and he´s probably even better as a left winger than as a right winger.Atleast that´s the impression I have got of him.

I do not think we should move anything in the central midfield.Di Biagio and Cristiano hasn´t done anything wrong for deserving to have one of them removed as a starter,and if something like that would happen it should be Di Biagio that moves.

We also have players that are very good in our team that we might forget at times. Emre and Okan are two players that could very much see a starting position if Cuper wasn´t so obsessed with for an example Guly.That left wing position could have been taken easily by Emre if Cuper hadn´t done this mistake by using Guly in every match.Emre is better in everything besides the physical play when being compared to Guly,so I don´t really understand Cuper´s selections sometimes as it is very obvious that Emre suits our system a lot better than what Guly does.

The problem isn´t our system or tactics.The problem is an underperformed right winger and a complete crap player for a left winger and an injured player that is supposed to be our creative force.When we get those fixed then we won´t have any big problems when it comes to the midfield and we will be a stronger unit.It´s the player selections that needs to be worked on.

Any opinions?

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Great post.

What we have lacked is wings, really badly, Okan was great, but he didnt attack the defender and cross, he would right for the right time, you cannot do that as a winger, you have to attack to feed your strikers. I believe our problem has been the wings as Jimmy stated. Guly isnt attacking, he just passes into the centre and crosses from shocking positions ans seems stuck over the ball, very uncreative and one footed. He isnt running down, challening and crossing, he crosses of a centeral pass, even Coco cant cross from that postion. Guly's problem is speed, he cannot cross because he cannot beat the defender and get into a human-able position. The centre has been great, though we are missing through balls, but considering Vieri isnt Maurice Green, that doesnt matter. Our key is wings, and we have failed on the wings but still done great. Dalmat and Recoba in the one team will be a great site, attacking and steady football. I've loved Okan and Emre, and believe they should be the replacements every time. Conceicao is a great talent, but just cannot get it right. He needs some time. The full-backs are helping, Gresko comes with the rocket now and then and presses deeply, Zanetti is a legend, and there is no need to talk about him, because he is the most complete and concistent player ever. With some good linking and two great crossers on both wings, we shall feed Vieri and Ronaldo, so basically, the places that have been our weakness so far this season, should become our strengths.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Great topic:star:
I agree with you that the midfield is our problem. And i agree with you that the problem in the midfield is the wingers and lacking creativity.
The solution that i see is that Recoba plays leftwing with Cordoba covering him on the leftback. Chino is surely better than Guly when it comes to creating chances and when it comes to individual performances.
On the rightwing we have conseicao who sofar has been underperforming a lot!!!:( As you pointed out Dalmat will soon be back and he can replace Conseicao. I just have this feeling that we haven't seen Conseicao yet...I say we give him another three games to show what he is capable of. If he doesn't perform then let Dalmat take his place!!!
On the central midfield i think Zanetti's contribution has been enormous, he can't be removed!!! but i think we should atleast consider putting in Emre for Di Biagio. Emre is like Dalmat a good passer but he is ALSO a ballwinner.
As for Dalmat i see him as our rightwing if conseicao doesn't perform. In case he do i see him as a standin when the other are injured, suspended or have international duty. This would mean that Dalmat would get to play almost every match cuz either Zanetti is suspended or someone is injured

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
The problem for me is indeed midfield.

But while alotta theblame goes on the wingers themajority if u ask me falls squarely on Cuper's shoulders. I like CUper as much as the other guy but this gaping cavity between midfield and attack comes from playing this 4-4-2 thing.

The problem is that there is no link between midfield and attack because Guly is ridiculously defencive and Sergio is still pu$$y whiped over Lazio and can't play for any other team. Plus we play two central defencive midfielders which is basically a must in serie A BUT!!!!!!! they usuallyplay behind a link player between attack andmidfield.....That's the part that is CUper's fault.....

The players now.....

The problem arises when Sergio plays if u ask me. When Okan plays i tthink its a bit better. Okan at least goes forward and realizes that he has one of teh greatest playeyrs in the world behind him so he can be a bit overly attacking. Sergio seem sto think he has to protect Javier.......:rolleyes: PUH phukin LEAZE!!!!!!!!!

Honestlyy like Jimster said......Dalmat and Recoba r the best options for now on the wings. These two players at least understand teh concepts of penetration. Then Okan and Emre could understudy the respectively and Sergio and Guly can sit and learn how u play the wing.

GUly still plays as if he is playing in a 3-4-1-2 formation. Sergio we all know has hhis head in the clouds of Rome so i say PHUCK sergio. Sell him back to Rome's blue half and pick up Gianecheda :D:D Guly is totally unecessary at INTER with Emre there to back up Recoba.

And no matter what u say Jimster Recoba when he plays his natural game spends soooooo much of his time on the left wing. Its just a mental block of his now

As alwayshere is my favourite formation

Dalmat J.Zanetti C.Zanetti Recoba

That won't happen so i'll just exchange J.Zanetti with DiBiagio

Nest season we should let Sergio return to Lazio and get rid of his B!tch ass and try to get Guiliano Gianecheda. THAT WOUL DBE A CRUSHING midfield to unleash on the C.L. next season

Dalmat C.Zanetti Gianecheda Recoba

But that is tsill not as good as THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!! just replace Gianecheda with the great Javier Zanetti......Capitan Zanetti

·
Registered
831 Posts
i agree with Tazz that J.Zanetti would be great in the center of midfield ... he's ability to cut through the oppents midfield is legendry, even when he plays on the right (and on the left 2 year ago) he always cuts towards the center he does'nt like to go to the sides .. he is a player with a 360' vision .. he just likes oppenets comin at him from both sides left & right so he just zig zags through them. HOWEVER, in inter he it is better for the squad when he is used in the RB position so unless cuper ask's for a new RB then i think we will continue playing there.

about our winger just like the rest of u .. Recoba is the solution for the Left side (and he will make it).. on the right i still think that conceicao(in the future i hope) is better than Dalmat there (coz of his crosses).

in the center i would like to see Dalmat back in the center woth CZ ... DB and CZ are doing well but if u guys remember when dalmat and CZ played in the center than u will probably agree that CZ & SD are better than CZ and DB. however both combo's are good.

for next season (after the world cup) i think Emre will be ahead of DB in the picking order .. all he needs is a bit more time !

also if cuper can get farinos back in shape then he might prove to be a realy good midfielder ... his tackles back in Spain reminded me of Deshamps (the french dude) .. farinos was a monster who protected mendieta's back

my choice for now would be:

Recoba---- CZ--- Dalmat/DB---- Conceicao/Dalmat

for next season:

Recoba-----CZ/farinos---Dalmat/Emre---Conceicao/Dalmat

DB is great but he is getting older and i would like to see the young ones get more chances..

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
I thinks it quite obvious our midfield isnt the best, our offense striker have improved and so has our defense, yet out midfield presnt serious problem went it comes to the offensive side of the ball.

Beside the last 3 games Gigi had been awsome all season long, Cuper will probably pay Farinos to replace him today but, I would love to see emre, because he can be a ball winner as hustler and also provide some creativity if needed. Emre is not a true left wing, Dibiagio is old and someone will have to replace him, I hope Cuper starts playing emre little by little getting him use to that spot.

Guly is still playing because Recoba hasnt adapted well to the left wing, lately cuper has been substituing someone he gets guly on the right and places recoba on the left, Guly on the right isnt such a bad player so I guess for cuper he gives him more options from a tactical sense. Okan is not the type of winger suited for Cupers formation but he is the best we have so far, if we had someone like Eriberto with those awsome crosses from any part of the field we would be winning games by 3 goals always.

The perfect midfield would be

Recoba zanetti emre dalmat

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
I agree the most troubling position is the midfield....

But i'm still not confident that Recoba can be played as a left-winger....our left wing is already weak as it is and putting recoba would greatly weakened it !

I hope Recoba can prove he wrong !!!!

For my midfield I think we should do this:

Dalmat--C.Zanetti--D.Biagio--Emre

Emre had been playing really well...he deserve to start

·
Registered
920 Posts
I am totally agree with Jimmy who started this nice topic and all the other guys: we got problems in our midfield!

Cuper's 4-4-2 is basically made to play on the 2 wings: the ball has to move quickly to the 2 wingers who with the help of the 2 side defensive players have to cross for the strickers.

The point is that right now none is able to cross properly: Guly can't even dribble. ;)

For me our play would improve if Recoba plays on the left and Coincecao come back in form!

With these two players we would be faster and we would have more crosses!

·
Registered
831 Posts
for me i think that our midfield should be
Recoba-CZ-Dalmat-conceicao

this is very similar to lazio's of the past years:
Nedved-simoni-veron-conceicao

and also to that of ManU of the past years:
giggs-Keane-scholse-beckham

in all these three squads there are a left attacking wingers that moves forward alot: recoba, nedved, giggs... a ball winniner: CZ, Keane, deago simoni... a 442 playmaker : Dalmat, veron, scholes and right winger that can do some defence: conceicao, same player, beckham..

so from above i think that its okay to play recoba-CZ-dalmat-conceicao all in the same squad

for back up i think that we have a better back up then any of the team mentioned above Emre-DB-Farions-Okan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts