Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last report of the consulting German company BBDO show that Ronaldinho is the player that has the best commercial image in the world. Beckham still is the most known, but he's not the one with the best image. The companies prefer the youth and the success of Ronaldinho, instead of the metrosexual image of the Real Madrid star.

The third place is for the new English hero, Wayne Ronnie. The top 5 is also closed by 2 Barcelona players. The 3 times African Golden Ball, Samuel Eto'o, and the teen Argentinian star Leo Messi.

Ranking:
1. Ronaldinho (FC Barcelona) - 46.9 m €
2. David Beckham (Real Madrid) - 44.92 m €
3. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United) - 43.77 m €
4. Samuel Eto'o (FC Barcelona) - 30.67 m €
5. Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona) - 30.38 m €
6. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Juventus) - 30.07 m €
7. Ronaldo (Real Madrid) - 29.37 m €
8. Frank Lampard (Chelsea) - 28.79 m €
9. Thierry Henry (Arsenal) - 28.72 m €
10. Michael Ballack (Bayern Munich) - 28.65 m €
11. Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) - 27.64 m €
12. Raúl González (Real Madrid) - 27.21 m €
13. Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid) - 27.07 m €
14. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United) - 26.78 m €
15. Didier Drogba (Chelsea) - 26.35 m €
16. Alessandro Del Piero (Juventus) - 18.57 m €
17. Ryan Babel (Ajax) - 18.14 m €
18. Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Manchester United) - 17.42 m €
19. Lukas Podolski (Colonia) - 16.27 m €
20. Andriy Shevchenko (Milan) - 14.25 m €

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=292318&idseccio_PK=803&h=
http://www.as.com/articulo.html?xref=20060331dasdaiftb_17&anchor=dasftb&type=Tes&d_date=20060331

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
It's about commercial value, those two are rising stars of big football nations who crucially still play in that country. Sheva is a big star of a less well known football country that has played abroard for getting on for a decade.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rob Edwards said:
Ronaldinho seems metrosexual to me, just an ugly metrosexual.
We're not going to discuss about it, right? :D It was just to make impact... I should have worked for a tabloid. :D

toli, I'm afraid that strikers will always "sell" more than defenders. Why didn't Maldini ever win the Golden Ball? A goal will always "sell" more than a tackle.

Anyway, this is NOT a list about who's better. The article says that the ranking is done considering the money they get in their commercial contracts, the amount of contracts they have, the age and the commercial potential of their image.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Anyway, this is NOT a list about who's better. The article says that the ranking is done considering the money they get in their commercial contracts, the amount of contracts they have, the age and the commercial potential of their image.
Yeah but still. Koeman you can't tell me that Ryan Babel and Podolski, irrespective of how up and comming they are, have a better marketing name then Scheva, togheter with Totti the biggest star in Serie A. That's just seem redicilous to me, really.

·
THE
13,983 Posts
Koeman4 said:
We're not going to discuss about it, right? :D It was just to make impact... I should have worked for a tabloid. :D

toli, I'm afraid that strikers will always "sell" more than defenders. Why didn't Maldini ever win the Golden Ball? A goal will always "sell" more than a tackle.

Maldini and Nesta would sell much more if they only wanted...

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hasuni said:
Yeah but still. Koeman you can't tell me that Ryan Babel and Podolski, irrespective of how up and comming they are, have a better marketing name then Scheva, togheter with Totti the biggest star in Serie A. That's just seem redicilous to me, really.
Ask the ones who did the report... how can I know? :D Anyway, I don't know which is the image of Babel and Podolski in their countries. The companies always get attracted by new players. I can't recall Sheva in any ad and I wonder if Totti makes many commercials in Italy... in Spain, I didn't see Totti in any ad since years ago... while I've seen many ads in Madrid with Del Piero and even Vieri (years ago) "selling" sun-glasses.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Have you seen any with Drogba? :D

Ofcourse as you say none of us know for a fact how it is, because we don't know all the factors. It just seem a little strange to me, that's all. :)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Hasuni said:
Have you seen any with Drogba? :D
Elisabetta Canalis :horny: !

Brilliant to see Zlatan up there. Hopefully that means we can sell him for something corresponding to that number. Abramovich/Martin - we're waiting for that call :groan: .

1 - 20 of 43 Posts