Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm assuming that most of you heard about a comment Farina apparently made a few days ago where he said that he thought that Australia would have "topped the group" if we were there instead of Uruguay

Well i was interested to see if this was genuine or some kind of misquote and sure enough i got my answer on Sportswatch yesterday

According to Farina he was copping a bit of jovial ribbing from some of the journos and one asked him "tongue in cheek" (according to Frank :undecide: ) how he thought we would go. Farina said "as a joke" that he thought we would have topped the group

Anyway when Bruce McAvaney (OAM ;) ) asked him how he thought we'd go seriously, Frank replied with " i thought we would have done quite well"

Question is: what exactly is quite well according to him?...topping the group? qualification? a win? a point? a goal? respectability (i.e not losing 8-0 :D)? He didn't exactly elaborate on this :groan:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Personally... i reckon Farina really DID mean to say that we would top the group, coz that would be the sort of idiotic response you would expect from full-blooded moron such as himself. The thing he said about it being 'tongue-in-cheek' was just to cover his sorry a$$ (when he realised that was he said was stupid).

Quite well for FF.... i would imagine it to be something along the lines of the team putting up a good performance, showing that maybe in a couple of WC's we could actually do well, impressed with the talent coming thru the ranks... blah blah blah.

And the reason why he didnt elaborate Andreas.... was purely and simply becoz he didnt know WHY we would have done well, he just knew we would :rolleyes: :( :eek:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I'm sure when Frank said "I thought we would have done quite well" he meant to say "top of the group for sure". As pao said, that's the sort of response you would expect from him. I don't think he could even answer that question! I mean just look at what happend there... But it's not as if he could have said "we would have screwd it up" could he?!? How would that make him look!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts