Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A woman whose house I was staying was kind enough to serve me hot calaloo with achee and saltfish for breakfast.

She wanted to know if I was kicking leather later that morning.

'Kicking leather?' I asked, exposing the limits of my desires.

With tingling eyes and naked glee she succinctly summed up all the absurdity of my blind love for crazy games.

Although my sight has improved and my heart now hardened, I still used her delicious term of address for a game too many love just a little too much.

Sadly, however apt the phrase had become, it is now made more oblique in light of these new bright yellow Nike concoction.

What are these unsexy balls made of?

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
i didnt understand a word of it

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
washingtone17 said:
Exclusive E foam for greater stability, durability and performance in cold weather. Bladder: Special 6-wing carbon latex with AirBloc II air retention system. Imported

Made In: Pakistan

Not only they were able to make the most bad looking football ever, but they managed to give it an even more stupid name

Nike Total 90 Aerow HI-VIS

The question that begs to be answered, will you be kicking some E foam later today?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
washingtone17 said:
A woman, whose house I was staying, was kind enough to serve me hot calaloo with achee and saltfish for breakfast, asked if I was kicking leather later that morning.
Achee and saltfish? Do you live in Barbados by any chance?

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Am I the only one that thinks they're cool? :eek:

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Liternit said:
Exclusive E foam for greater stability, durability and performance in cold weather. Bladder: Special 6-wing carbon latex with AirBloc II air retention system. Imported

Made In: Pakistan

Not only they were able to make the most bad looking football ever, but they managed to give it an even more stupid name

Nike Total 90 Aerow HI-VIS

The question that begs to be answered, will you be kicking some E foam later today?
Got a friend who owns one of those football manufacturing industries up there in Sialkot. Maybe there made there. Who knows....

Alas something to be proud of... :proud:

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
husain_14 said:
Got a friend who owns one of those football manufacturing industries up there in Sialkot. Maybe there made there. Who knows....

Alas something to be proud of... :proud:
Something to be proud of? Have they changed the child labor laws yet, or are they still exploited, underpaid, living in filthy conditions, mistreated, and overlooked?

Seriously now... :nono:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thank you all for your quick responses.

Thanks again to Liternit, who directly responsed to my mundane question.

I don’t know too much about the poetics of that post though I must confess to stirring some spice into what, I thought, would have been dry and somewhat bitter.

Jamal: Bardados is a beautiful Island but not the only place to enjoy a beautiful breakfast or other beautiful things...

I never knew balls have bladders(!)

So, E Foam it is then?!?

play on, players!

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Rhizoid said:
Something to be proud of? Have they changed the child labor laws yet, or are they still exploited, underpaid, living in filthy conditions, mistreated, and overlooked?

Seriously now... :nono:
Come on this is not sweat pants we're talking about. Sialkot (a city in the province of Punjab) is famous the world over for its sporting goods manufacturing industries. Crickets bats, footballs, cricket balls, hockey sticks, tennis racketts, badminton racketts, you name it. AND ive been to a few of them and trust me there aint no children working there. I mean maybe 2 out of a 100 might be employing children but the rest dont forsure.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
washingtone17 said:
A woman, whose house I was staying, was kind enough to serve me hot calaloo with achee and saltfish for breakfast, asked if I was kicking leather later that morning.

'Kicking leather?' I asked, exposing the limits of my desires.

With tingling eyes and naked glee she succinctly summed up all the absurdity of my blind love for crazy games.

Although my sight has improved and my heart now hardened, I still used her delicious term of address for a game too many love just a little too much.

Sadly, however apt the phrase had become, it is now made more oblique in light of these new bright yellow Nike concoction.

No offence dude. But why are all your posts always written poetically.
Are you a poet?

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No offence taken (pretentious, moi?!?).

Thanks for the attention, Mendieta but my posts are not 'always written poetically.'

I cannot stress enough that those that may seem to be are not as you claim they are.

I am not a poet.

Sometimes, I try make 'imaginative' associations.

Most times I fail.

The thing is, I cannot hide my problems with 'plain' English, despite the things, some folks, lay beside me...

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
husain_14 said:
Come on this is not sweat pants we're talking about. Sialkot (a city in the province of Punjab) is famous the world over for its sporting goods manufacturing industries. Crickets bats, footballs, cricket balls, hockey sticks, tennis racketts, badminton racketts, you name it. AND ive been to a few of them and trust me there aint no children working there. I mean maybe 2 out of a 100 might be employing children but the rest dont forsure.
Perhaps, I wouldn't know.

But I do have a curious question, though - how much does a Nike ball cost in Pakistan? (approx. in $) and the rest of the sporting equipment, do they cost cheaper compared to Europe and the US?

In Lebanon with value added tax a Nike football may cost around $25. Here in UAE they're a little cheaper than that.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
It sounds like a dialogue from "The Clockwork Orange".

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I could not write like that even if I wanted to.

I read the book and seen the film.

I love the 'ambiguity' of Kubrick's ending just as much as Burgess' audacity.

Latinlover, have you read the book?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
washingtone17 said:
No offence taken (pretentious, moi?!?).

Thanks for the attention, Mendieta but my posts are not 'always written poetically.'

I cannot stress enough that those that may seem to be are not as you claim they are.

I am not a poet.

Sometimes, I try make 'imaginative' associations.

Most times I fail.

The thing is, I cannot hide my problems with 'plain' English, despite the things, some folks, lay beside me...
Right... Now it all makes much more sense. :confused:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just as your smilie renders your sentence ironic, hopefully, so does my nonsense, reflect upon itself.

I do not seek to confuse folks nor do I seek to patronise.

Whatever, at anytime, you wish to understand closer, you need only ask.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts