Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Lazio fans. We all have a favourite team, a team that make us feel Paradise and Hell, a team that make us angry and happy. But that's Lazio. If we wanted to live a dull happy life we would have been Juve or Milan fans... Anyway, there's a moment in our life, a game, when we have tasted the complete happiness of being a Lazio fan, a match when we have really thanked God to be a Laziale, of course we do it evry day (don't we?), but that day, that match, has been something particular.

My match to remember was the second leg of 1997-98 Coppa Italia final against Milan. Unforgettable stuff! In the first leg Lazio lost 1-0 but were the better team. George Weah scored the winner for Milan few minutes from time, after Lazio had missed many chances. In the second leg, there was a great atmosphere in the Stadio Olimpico and after a goalless first half, Demetrio Albertini scored for Milan from a free kick. It seemed just the end of the dream. How dared Lazio to beat mighty Milan? How dared Lazio to dream winning a trophy?

But destiny had much of a surprise in store for the Laziali. The surprise were three goals in twelve minutes. The third goal, the goal that gave us the Cup was sensational because it was scored by no less than Alessandro Nesta following a corner kick. A goal from Nesta! That really proves that it was a magic night... And then the captain who lifted the Coppa Italia, our first trophy in 24 years!

Other great matches have followed, the Italian Supercup win at Juventus, the Cup-winners' Cup final at the Villa Park, the win over Manchester United in the European Supercup thanks to a Salas' goal (don't forget it), some very good games in Serie A and in the Cups. But the match I remember with most pleasure was that Coppa Italia final, that had a pleasant meaning:
WE ARE LAZIO, WE ARE COMING !!!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
My favourite Lazio match has to be the CWC Final last year...it was my first Lazio match (and to date my only :(). Held at my most favourite ground in the world, beats even the Nou Camp, Villa Park! :)

Had a fantastic day, well worth not going to my English lesson, the Lazio and Mallorca fans were both great!! and the Lazio fans were even placed in the Holte End!!! I got to be 10 meters away from my Lazio boys...and Nesta! :)

The match seemed exciting while watching it...later video evidence does not prove it to be that good! :) Bobo scored early, Mallorca equalised then Pavel in the second half scored to make us go crazy!!!! :)
Lazio paraded the cup around!

Even the journey home did not seem too bad, even though I did not have a seat for a 2 hour train journey and spent it sitting in a corridor, talking to a Spurs :( cum Lazio fan! Managed to get a cab home when all the other fans failed (oh the advantages of being 2 defenceless girls late at night!!!)

The nezt day to wear my Lazio shirt proudly, flaunting it in the eye of my stinky Juventini teacher!!! :)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
my favorite game is lazio vs mallorca and lazio vs manchester united. that is a fantastic game.

love lazio

J

·
0 Posts
I agree with Aquila: Lazio-Milan 3-1. In few minutes from hell to heaven! It was the first trophy after 24 years, the beginning of a new Lazio, a winning Lazio.
GRAZIE GUERINO!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts